Burn The Belly

Options
Hello:bigsmile:

A few of us have been doing challenges together and have been discussing our common problem...the dreaded Belly!!! As we're now doing different workouts/exercises we've decided we'd still like to support and motivate each other in losing the Belly.

If you have the same problem come and join us!!!

The idea is we can do any workout we chose and to concentrate on burning calories to achieve a flatter belly.

There is no target of calories to burn so it will suit all levels from beginners to advanced, we'll post to discuss what we're doing and how much we're burning and at the end of each week post our total calories burnt for that week.

Knowing so many of us suffer from the Belly we thought it would be a great way to motivate, support and swap ideas etc etc.

Starting as from Tuesday, 6th September...come on, you know you want to have a flat belly :happy:

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Count me in, most of my weight is in the belly.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm in!
  • Terri_39
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm in!
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I am so in.....
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate. But, maybe we should also track measurements of our bellies to see how we are doing with flattening?
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Count me in. Thats my biggest problem area!
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Count me in. Thats my biggest problem area!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! The belly has been my trouble zone since I was a kid!!! I like the measuring idea as well!! I've been doing that as of August. I'd lvoe to get ideas from others for exercises to burn fat and tone the tummy! 12 years is a long time for "being pregnant" as the excuse for the loose skin!
  • soccerblocker66
    Options
    Count me in please! Maybe this will help get me off my butt more and doing something every day and not just on soccer days!
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    count me in! I need a new motivation!

Be gone belly! Be gone! :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm in, that hell-belly has to go!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate. But, maybe we should also track measurements of our bellies to see how we are doing with flattening?

Great idea, we can even do before and after pics...if we're brave enough!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Aiming for 3 or 4 workouts a week and sticking to my cal allowance for the next few weeks. Measurements and pics done anyway for end of RI30, so now my after pics become my before pics!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'll be there!

Rushing home now to get some 'before' pictures of my belly. :laugh: (that's a belly laugh, by the way)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    BUMP! can we add hips to that! LOL Mine is my belly AND hips (and back and arms) but Belly gone would be great! Ill try to keep up!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    BUMP! can we add hips to that! LOL Mine is my belly AND hips (and back and arms) but Belly gone would be great! Ill try to keep up!

In truth I don't think it is really possible to lose from one area in particular, so exercise will help with wherever there is a bit of excess. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm ever going to lose my bingo wings, as I doubt the saggy skin will ever tighten up given that I am an 'older woman'. Sorry, that's a horrible image I've just put out there!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options

In truth I don't think it is really possible to lose from one area in particular, so exercise will help with wherever there is a bit of excess. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm ever going to lose my bingo wings, as I doubt the saggy skin will ever tighten up given that I am an 'older woman'. Sorry, that's a horrible image I've just put out there!

Quoted for truth! You're going to lose all over, so you just have to keep losing until the area you want to lose is gone! Hopefully, you don't lose too much lean muscle in the process :tongue: That's saying lose way too many times. lose lose lose lose lose. Kinda loses all meaning after a while, haha! I think my brain checked out early today :tongue:

For consistency, I think we should track calories, measurements, and weight. It should serve as a reminder that the scale is not the ruler of all! If we don't lose pounds, by god, we will lose inches! (or kilograms and centimeters for you metric folks)
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Good idea Armaretta (not quoting you as they end up very long!).
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Count me in, my belly is the WORST area for me, it's gotta go! What kinds of exercise ideas does anyone have? I know crunches but what all things are you all going to be doing? I need ideas.
  • tritt86
    Options
    Count me in! That's my biggest problem area right now!