Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,372 Member Member Posts: 3,372 Member
    The lasagna digression earlier in the thread led to this: baked lasagna and because I was cooking anyway, also chicken broccoli alfredo penne bake
    The lasagna digression earlier in the thread led to this: baked lasagna and because I was cooking anyway, also chicken broccoli alfredo penne bake

Both look outstanding! Eyes on the lasagna especially ... !!!

My 17yo (6'3"+) son came in from lacrosse conditioning practice and promptly devoured 1/6th of the lasagna. It was apparently delicious.

That leaves 5/6 for me, right?
  • fdlewensteinfdlewenstein Member Posts: 228 Member Member Posts: 228 Member
    I recently discovered built (protein) bars. I was eating quest bars before, but I really love the built bars. Great taste!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,933 Member Member Posts: 8,933 Member

Both look outstanding! Eyes on the lasagna especially ... !!!

My 17yo (6'3"+) son came in from lacrosse conditioning practice and promptly devoured 1/6th of the lasagna. It was apparently delicious.

Thats it??!??! Weakling lol :)
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Member Posts: 317 Member Member Posts: 317 Member
    Egg whites.
    (I might've shared that here before - but it is still true. I've been having four or five almost every day for the past I-don't-know-how-many-days. I probably shared this here before, too (and I am sorry to repeat myself):
    I whip them up to stiff peaks, add seasonings, then spread out the big egg white "floof" onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for roughly 15 minutes, and the final product is a "pita"- or "flatbread"-type concoction. (:
    (Due to various food sensitivities, I rely a lot on egg whites for protein. I try to make it less monotonous and more "fun" by preparing them in ways other than scrambling or boiling them (: ))
    edited January 20
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,299 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,299 Member
    Shirataki noodles with any kind of furikake :p
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,250 Member Member Posts: 6,250 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Furikake looks like something I would like too (do you make your own?) ...already a huge fan of the shirataki
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Furikake looks like something I would like too (do you make your own?) ...already a huge fan of the shirataki

Japanese section of T&T. Many flavours for $4 / jar.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,299 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,299 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Like @just_Tomek mentioned, you can buy this in shops. But there are great videos on YouTube if you want to make "fresh" furikake.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,510 Member Member Posts: 3,510 Member
    Balsamic roasted fennel. It's so good it's up there with good chocolate right now. I made it with a good cherry balsamic vinegar last night.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 437 Member Member Posts: 437 Member
    Sweet onions, fire cider, broccoli and cauliflower with Good Foods plant based dips!
    Did you make your own fire cider this fall, @VegjoyP or store-bought?
  • katarina005katarina005 Member Posts: 238 Member Member Posts: 238 Member
    Frozen bananas blitzed until creamy. I recently just discovered the wonder of frozen blitzed fruit.
    I am an ice cream lover, and this is very satisfying.

Thanks for the tip! I usually throw mine out because I dont like how they are defrosted for baking.
  • katarina005katarina005 Member Posts: 238 Member Member Posts: 238 Member
    I'm rediscovering how good and pleasantly filling a yogurt bowl can be. I like Fage 0%, I used to like Siggi's but now prefer this. I even eat it plain sometimes, and trying savory ways to eat it too
    Did you make your own fire cider this fall, @VegjoyP or store-bought?

Definitely home made! Fire Cider; - ginger, horseradish, sweet onion, cayenne pepper, jalapeno, garlic, slice of meyer lemon, slice of blood orange, apple cider vinegar. Cut up all fresh, organic ingredients and put in Mason jar. Cover with apple cider. Use wax parchment under cap or use jar with plastic top. Let jars sit for 3 to 4 weeks, shaking each day. Thenstrain liquid and store in refrigerator. Take 1 to 3 TBSP in a little water daily. Use vegetables to make in salad, puree for cooking or dry, grind and use as seasoning
    🌶🧄🧅🍋🍊🍶🍎
    edited February 14

I just had my SECOND bag of Shiritaki for today!
  • gothchiqgothchiq Member Posts: 4,529 Member Member Posts: 4,529 Member
    Spinach. I buy bags of fresh spinach and saute with a little olive oil and lots of garlic. Also good in an omelette with mushrooms.
  • beulah81beulah81 Member Posts: 122 Member Member Posts: 122 Member
    Well toasted sourdough, cooled then spread thinly with good quality butter, a thin layer of Marmite topped with paper thin slices of proper cheese.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,510 Member Member Posts: 3,510 Member
    I picked up Trader Joe's jarred Hot and Sweet Spicy Jalepeno Peppers and put them on vegetarian pizza tonight, they're so good I put extra on my pizza and ate the whole thing. I had a recipe to try tomorrow night but may switch it to something I can add these to instead! I'd be surprised if any are left at the end of the weekend.