What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Shirataki noodles with any kind of furikake :p
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Furikake looks like something I would like too (do you make your own?) ...already a huge fan of the shirataki
  • MaltedTea
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Furikake looks like something I would like too (do you make your own?) ...already a huge fan of the shirataki

Like @just_Tomek mentioned, you can buy this in shops. But there are great videos on YouTube if you want to make "fresh" furikake.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Balsamic roasted fennel. It's so good it's up there with good chocolate right now. I made it with a good cherry balsamic vinegar last night.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Sweet onions, fire cider, broccoli and cauliflower with Good Foods plant based dips!
  • MaltedTea
    Did you make your own fire cider this fall, @VegjoyP or store-bought?
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Frozen bananas blitzed until creamy. I recently just discovered the wonder of frozen blitzed fruit.
    I am an ice cream lover, and this is very satisfying.

Thanks for the tip! I usually throw mine out because I dont like how they are defrosted for baking.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    I'm rediscovering how good and pleasantly filling a yogurt bowl can be. I like Fage 0%, I used to like Siggi's but now prefer this. I even eat it plain sometimes, and trying savory ways to eat it too
  • VegjoyP
    edited February 2020
    Did you make your own fire cider this fall, @VegjoyP or store-bought?

Definitely home made! Fire Cider; - ginger, horseradish, sweet onion, cayenne pepper, jalapeno, garlic, slice of meyer lemon, slice of blood orange, apple cider vinegar. Cut up all fresh, organic ingredients and put in Mason jar. Cover with apple cider. Use wax parchment under cap or use jar with plastic top. Let jars sit for 3 to 4 weeks, shaking each day. Thenstrain liquid and store in refrigerator. Take 1 to 3 TBSP in a little water daily. Use vegetables to make in salad, puree for cooking or dry, grind and use as seasoning
    🌶🧄🧅🍋🍊🍶🍎
  • VegjoyP

I just had my SECOND bag of Shiritaki for today!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Spinach. I buy bags of fresh spinach and saute with a little olive oil and lots of garlic. Also good in an omelette with mushrooms.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Well toasted sourdough, cooled then spread thinly with good quality butter, a thin layer of Marmite topped with paper thin slices of proper cheese.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    I picked up Trader Joe's jarred Hot and Sweet Spicy Jalepeno Peppers and put them on vegetarian pizza tonight, they're so good I put extra on my pizza and ate the whole thing. I had a recipe to try tomorrow night but may switch it to something I can add these to instead! I'd be surprised if any are left at the end of the weekend.
  • MaltedTea
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Use vegetables to make in salad, puree for cooking or dry, grind and use as seasoning

OH! Love the idea of drying out the veggies. I was sad to see mine go! It felt like such a waste.
  • PAPYRUS3
    I'm liking air popped corn with Zaatar spice...
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Pears — Anjous , boscs!

And sampling cocoa powders to use in recipes. 😇
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Montreal steak spice. Yes it's yummy on steak, but it is also delicious on roast potatoes, roast assorted veggies and in vegetable frittata (which I made for breakfast this morning). Good in chicken stew too.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    fresh feta cheese
  • PAPYRUS3
    I want all your 'oatmeal - iced coffee - sardines and that fresh feta cheese too...yummo - not all together though😉