WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Avamaria2012 aka Sherr: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Machka: Looking at code would drive me insane. I am always impressed by your determination, skills and abilities. :smiley:

Kylia: Dark winter was a terrible time for me in years gone by. I need light. We installed solar temp lights everywhere in our house. They are worth every penny spent. They were costly but have very long useful “lifespans,” and end up being less of a drain on electricity. We bought some of these at Costco and others at ACE Hardware in past years. :star:

Heather: I’ll bet anything that your cake will be s huge success. Happy Birthday to Bea. :heart:

Allie: Enjoy your adventure! :bigsmile:

Karen: I am so sorry for your friend’s early Alzheimers diagnosis. It seems like it is cutting her life way too short. I’m sorry for you, for her other friends, and for her family. :flowerforyou:

We have a sunny day with a brisk breeze. We’ve been out and run errands & it is now nice to be cozy and warm back at home. I’ve been rereading a series of books written by a Maine author, Janet Chapman, who passed away from cancer a few years ago. I feel lucky to have kept her books on my shelf. I like to revisit books that I’ve read, and hers are on the list of those that I reread now and then.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Heather Such a cute picture with the tough judge and your pictures!

Pip I love the inside of your Sequoia, too. I hope it drives and is as comfortable as my Rav4. I couldn’t believe the difference in different brands! I love Toyotas and have had many over the years. Yogi appears to love his new limo! The rug in the back for him is beautiful! Nice seat covers, also.

Amber Funny we have similar stories. I was fortunate to find an OB near the end who was the same age as I and had just had a baby a couple of months before me. She made the last month of my pregnancy and my delivery wonderful! I had kicked my abusive husband out before the baby was born, so I had a friend (who had just had a baby also) for my coach. I went through labor and delivery with two other new Mommies and it was a wonderful experience. 😊

Ginny Hope you are feeling better today! Do you use natural treatment for your thyroid cancer??

Kim What a lovely party you hosted! The bride and groom are very fortunate you are such a terrific hostess! I am amazed you were able to create a vegan meal! That is tough when making everything from scratch! The dinner area was beautiful, and everyone looks so happy!

Machka Terrific pictures! I want one of your apples. 😊 I usually have an apple every day. They are like candy for me!

Me days Every day is a me day for me. I love watching my dear Grandbaby!! I haven’t been able to work since I was 52. The only thing I don’t like about my time being free every day is that I never seem to get things done that I want done. I am trying to be more active and get more accomplished. So much to do in our house, but I have a tough time getting motivated. I watch way too much tv…hoping to get that under control soon. In a lot of pain most days…mostly left over from my injuries. It sucks, but I sure prefer it to the alternative!!!
    We have two trips planned this year. My DH’s 50th high school reunion in KS and a family reunion (my side) in a giant house in FL. Very excited about both trips as we never spend enough time with family and friends. I know we will have a wonderful time (other than the drives which I usually medicate myself for or I squirm around too much from pain). The drives are long and stopping a lot to walk around makes them even longer, so we usually push through. DH prefers it that way, and he is happier if I am semi knocked out so I don’t moan and groan too much.

Michele So happy that Newman is alert and talking! The accident was horrific! I can’t imagine seeing it live!! Must have been awful not knowing if he survived it or not! Jeff Gordon was doing commentary and was visibly shaken while talking about it. It must be those driver’s worst nightmare to be reminded just how dangerous their sport!

<3 Luci in WNC way back on page 47…

thanks. I like that, yogi's limo lolol
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Luci B Thinner - Me y Debra y you got similar first pregnancy stories then. We all kicked the jerk to the curb but got wonderful kids that keep our Spirits Soaring.

Miscarriage- I was lucky with that one hubby was the Dad so he still grieves the loss so wasn’t an alone thing like the still birth or birth of Navy Daughter. Been lucky 🍀 to go through 2 with my now hubby. He always wishes my Navy Daughter was his so he could have raised her from birth (her longing to have had the Dad experience through her younger years breaks his heart- she’s his world acts just like him folks assume she’s his is shocked when they find she’s a stepkid not biological .)

Hoping JR sleeps tonight still hormonal mess . Wish if a period was starting it would just show its ugly head get it over with! Impatiently waiting at this point. Hubby think it will start by morning I hope so.

Lackland Airforce base 14min from home 15coronovirus patients also being treated at the hospital we use. They just found out their getting the Americans from the Diamond cruise ship 🚢 that’s been in the news. Masks are bought up already noticing folks panicking already.

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Luci – Vince just saw that newman walked out of the hospital. Watch him want to drive…lol In a weird way, Earnhardt may very well have saved his life.

Heather – be sure to post a pic of the cake. I’m sure it’s going to be spectacular

SuziQ – I’m lucky in that I honestly haven’t seen any Paczki yet. But then again, I haven’t found any like the ones my grandmother used to make.

Michele who is off to bed
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    emyd8gcprjt0.png

I know some of you have this already ... but I'm still working on it. I am only 52 ... I've still got another 20 years to work on it before retirement. But I'm hoping that finishing this degree with enable me to have a bit more of a vacation-like life. :)

Machka in Oz
    Machka9 wrote: »
    emyd8gcprjt0.png

I know some of you have this already ... but I'm still working on it. I am only 52 ... I've still got another 20 years to work on it before retirement. But I'm hoping that finishing this degree with enable me to have a bit more of a vacation-like life. :)

Machka in Oz

Your goals are admirable! I admire your strength and focus. 🚴‍♀️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

I was very bad this evening. I ran in to the grocery store to pick up a few things and noticed Paczki. I could not resist and bought a box (only 4 to the box – TG). Last year I missed the window – Paczki can only be found here a week or so before Lent. So guess what I had for dinner! Not one but two. Not the smartest thing to do because they are so rich and sugar loaded. I imagine a restless sleep this evening. The remaining two packed away and are going to the office tomorrow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pączki

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL

C'mon, SuziQ, what was the filling?

You left me hanging…

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @dianastarkekman Welcome to the group, Diana. New people are always welcome. We're very chatty, so don't feel you have to comment on every post. Just jump in when a topic interests you. If you ask a question someone will answer. I'm in Northern Ireland, so roughly the same time zone as you. My granddaughter did a summer placement in Stockholm several years ago and raves about Swedish life.

Rebecca: 😍 Athena is growing so fast.

☘️ Terri
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Luci: The storms sweep in from the west over the Atlantic. Ireland is on the opposing side of the Atlantic from USA. I live on the East Coast of Ireland near Belfast. Heather lives on the South Coast of England.
    Map
    7al6maoqvpjt.png
    Karen:That's so sweet!

Hooray! Up to date! Gotta run as I'm going out to the butcher's for tomorrow's roast!

And on the map, I'm in the middle ish in York :D

Still catching up (also not sure if this will work)

Viv UK <3