WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Lisa thank you for acknowledging about mourning twice. It is painful for your loved one and painful for the person having to watch that person suffer.

I have gone through this with loved ones too. I think one of the hardest things for me is how to talk to others who are not going through this. Those who have understand. Again that is why I say to those going through something like this I hope you are taking time to do something special for yourself. To mourn a person who is still physically alive but mentally not there is
    :heartbreak:

This is one of the biggest reasons I try to fill my life with doing the things I feel create beauty like painting and singing. I still sub because I enjoy trying to help students the best I can.

If I can help to make someone else's life a bit easier like others have helped me that makes my day.

M asked the question what would make a good day for you. For me it living the above. I am grateful I still am well enough to be able to live my life this way.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ❄️☃️
    Debby in chilly Va
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    dztjown49gc2.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Your Queen is 93 according to Siri, and she seems to be healthy, strong and smart. Queen Mother lived to 101. As you are giving yourself healthy care via good food, exercise and fun in life, who knows how long you may live? Enjoy! :star:

Lisa: Doin’ the happy dance with you! Congratulations on hitting the submit button. :bigsmile:

Debbie in VA: Snow! Enjoy it. What part of VA? :huh:

I woke up this morning and looked at my new haircut in the bathroom mirror. I think I’m going to like letting it be a little longer than it has been recently.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Went out for my 5k. Proud of myself as I definitely did not feel like it. Tired after yesterday.
    It was hard work coming back into the wind, but I got it done. o:)
    The council had made a good job of sweeping up all the pebbles. It was mostly clear. There were about five civil engineering vans and three or four diggers shovelling the pebbles back onto the beach. With each digger there was a man driving and a man watching. ;) It must be costing a fortune!!
    On the way home I picked up spinach and asparagus to go with tonight's salmon. DH will have a few oven fries as well.

This afternoon I'm going to tackle getting the 4 cake out of its tin and slicing it horizontally. :o I have wrapped it in clingfilm, but I want to get it into the freezer.

Good luck Allie! Blow a kiss to Cusco for me! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Jackie - I wouldn’t be worried about logging during that time either. Welcome back sorry for your loss. Maybe start out with stuff easy on the stomach y light exercise. I wouldn’t jump in hard y fast after that.

Amber Tx

Going to make maybe some egg meals in prep containers too for the fridge. Not sure yet.Trying to get it back on track after the mess up.Im soup out wasn’t meant to be days for just one person more lunch for 2. I know that Remington only has 2 types in his video for a whole week...I can’t do that hubby either we need variations y choices!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Katla-I’m in Gloucester,Va.We measured last night at 3+ inches.Gs is happy out playing with the other children in the neighborhood.
    Karen-I made sure to fill the feeders yesterday and the squirrels found the stash of corn on my front porch and were raiding that this morning.lol 🐿
    Amber-you are a very industrious lady.
    Debby in Va
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did an extremecardio DVD today and then used the rowing machine for 15 minutes. The plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga DVD.

After exercise wiped down the kitchen floor. Vince is feeling nauseous. Watch he talks about how the pork chops last night made him sick.

Go JR!!!

Barbie – how do you cut the bread? I remember having this guide-thing to cut the loaves but the pieces were so thick. Honestly, I would have liked them to be ½ as thick

Lisa – “and a one and a two”

Jackie – your mom looks to be such a wonderful lady. You were so lucky to have her for so long

Is it ever windy here today! Tonight I’m going to go to a lady across the hall from me and we’re going to play either Mexican Train dominoes or Rummikub. I’ll take both with me. I like cards, not all the time. So I don’t mind playing just when I get down here. But I’d like to play something else, too. We invited another lady (she remembers my MIL) because she was saying how they used to do so much more here.

Michele in very windy FL
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Jackie))) Your mom looked like a lovely lady!

Tere ~ Congrats on finding your new job that you love! It must have been tough getting laid off, hating the replacement job, and finally finding your new one. You have fortitude.

Karen & Debby ~ Great snow pics. Karen, did your toes survive?

Barbara ~ Your morning with Joe and the pups sounds wonderful and your description of the scenery makes me want to be there.

Carol in GA

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Debby Va : Lol I have no clue what industrious means

Amber Tx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Amber-hard working,and You are a hard working lady
    Debby in Va