WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Tere- inspiring story! :D You are strong!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Debby VA -well Thankyou. Everyone normally just calls my hyper lol 😂.

Nuby.com finally is back up! So bought some more stuff. Glad it’s fixed we use it a lot. Found out they fixed my rewards while they were at it so $5 off! Yes!!! They got $1.35 2 pack of regular kids cups all the way to the best 360* cups (easier for premature kids like JR with weak suction) y can by parts so can fix cups you got. We use our company name but never asked for a tax code so even someone who just wants to buy can create a name like Grandmas cottage or your daycare name (they said lots of private home daycares use them which doesn’t have tax code)

4o08k05389vf.jpeg

New meals took 2 days to cook it all yesterday steak y chicken meal. Today Turkey 🦃 y egg white meals. Should give a good variety.

2 servings Egg whites with tomatoe bullion garlic powder y pepper,2 servings mash potatoes roasted flavor Idaho with unsweetened almond milk,corn plain,pinto beans /other one green beans I ran out of beans. Total calories 460 cal bean one/ 370cal green bean one (1 each)

2 containers of turkey chili canned, corn,pinto bean,green beans,y lettuce with onion 1 Tblspoon)y fried onion (1 tblspoon)
    Total calories 453cal

Amber Tx

Also made a few Tupperware containers of snacks pretzel crisps full servings ,peanut butter ball 2 1/2servings,y honey roasted peanuts 1/2 serving. All are in 1 bowl not separate!! Total calories 270cal
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My latest video I’m watching for shopping tips on food on a budget (This is done based on the U.K. but can still put it to use in any country). Plus I like videos where theirs no cussing /little slips okay only or annoying music like some rock metal bands.

https://youtu.be/fJDg3lMlmBU

He’s attempting 3 meals for a full day on a very very tight budget! Nothing from the cupboard allowed has to be with the amount he decided on only so 1 coin (coins are used for dollar amounts in many countries). He can’t go over that amount.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Yes ... it's certainly not what I expected to be dealing with in my early 50s! We were so fit and healthy!! We both have good and bad days dealing with it all. And just to add for the fun his return to work person has appeared on the scene again. Yay!

Groan. :unamused:

I am so sorry.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    My mom past away on 2/19 she was 89, she had Dimentia and conjestive heart failure.
    I haven’t logged my calories since then. I’m trying to get back to it today with a heavy heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Testing to see if I can edit this.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My mom past away on 2/19 she was 89, she had Dimentia and conjestive heart failure.
    I haven’t logged my calories since then. I’m trying to get back to it today with a heavy heart. qbdknopxpxzp.jpeg

I'm so sorry. Your mom had a great smile.
    Big hug to you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Have a great adventure! :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I would love to walk my dog on the beach and plan to do so when DH feels good enough to drive to the coast AND the weather is pleasant. :smiley:

Karen in VA: Barefoot in the snow??? Birds need feeding, but where are your foot protectors? Our birdfeeders are all for hummingbirds. The other birds we see this time of year are members of the duck and cormorant families. They dabble and forage at the edge of the river in front of our house. :heart:

JackieM: So sorry for the loss of your mom. :cry: She was a beautiful woman with a sweet smile. :heart:

Debby in VA: It appears that you VA girls are enjoying a snow day. Congratulations!!! :bigsmile:

Tere in RVA: I am happy that you’ve found a job you love. :flowerforyou: It is nice seeing you posting here again, too. :smiley:

Machka: The RTW Nazi is bound and determined to “fix” your DH’s life. I think it might be reasonable to make a voodoo doll that you can poke with pins when she is being obnoxious. :devil:

I have had a good couple of days. DH and I decided we needed a treat and went to a local Thai restaurant for dinner. I ordered a chicken and broccoli dish that was divine. DH ordered sizzling beef that he loved. We splurged and had cheesecake. YUM!!! :devil:

Yoga this morning was a pleasure. Most of the regulars were there. A couple of people were off snow-birding in AZ.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    I bought my plane ticket for my dude ranch trip! Exciting! And scary too. This e-ticket thing is new to me, and so dependant on my phone being charged and available. Well the whole thing is an adventure!

I think I am going to drive to the Baltimore airport in the daylight, stay the night nearby, park my car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the airport. And likewise on the way back. I have a friend who wants to take me to the airport, but he is often late. Still working out that part.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    katla - my mother used to go out in the snow in barefeet all the time. I can still remember her going out in the snow, barefoot, to hang clothes on the line

Michele in still windy FL
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    What toy was created by an engineer trying to keep equipment on a ship stable?

Michele
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele I cheated & looked it up. Very interesting! I would have guessed something else.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    I bought my plane ticket for my dude ranch trip! Exciting! And scary too. This e-ticket thing is new to me, and so dependant on my phone being charged and available. Well the whole thing is an adventure!

I think I am going to drive to the Baltimore airport in the daylight, stay the night nearby, park my car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the airport. And likewise on the way back. I have a friend who wants to take me to the airport, but he is often late. Still working out that part.

Annie in Delaware

Exciting!

Get a battery backup for your phone. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Back from a tour of Cusco.. had a great time..and lots of walking... so that good

I'm so glad you were able to go!! Now I'm looking forward to photos!! :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Ffffff
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: Your mom must have had an amazing ability to tolerate cold. BRRR! My mom put laundry on the line outdoors to “freeze dry” in winter, but she used plenty of socks inside galoshes to do it. We didn’t have a dryer back then. :star:

(((Machka))): I’m sorry your DH is feeling stress because of the RTW woman. :grumble:

I’m chilly today and drinking peppermint tea. It helps!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon