NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Good morning all. Well yesterday did not go as planned. Absolutely did nothing. Daughter had gym from 10-2. Then had supper Ed planned and was going to get some work done. Then got invited out to a neighbouring towns wing night. So went with friends had wings and beer and accomplished nothing. And to top it off woke up with a head cold today. And I can feel the headache starting. Will get back to the working out next week. Maybe try to get some weights in today. Heading to Melville (1.5 hours away) so my son can watch his girlfriend play hockey so there goes today’s plan as well

@RetiredAndLovingIt thanks. The weather now is quite nice high of 0 today. You can the last few days the snow as been melting.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @renaegry yep it is getting warmer here too. Colleague of mine just went skiing in Alberta. Not sure where.

@theslightedgeforever you should count the water in your tea…or maybe not since that would still be under what is a good daily allowance. ..great job at the party! Events like that are super hard

@trooworld your wedding sounds nice. I had El Pollo Loco when I was in Costa Rica…enjoy the bubble bath.

@mswatson777 barn sounds nice. Friend of mine got married at a relative’s property they built like a big wooden dais thing like a barn but open concept. Her brother and father are professional carpenters so it was no problem for them.

@RetiredandLovingIt that’s interesting about the Fresh thing. I keep getting coupons for them in my mailbox and Ive been tempted. Think I’ll skip it.

Here is my wedding story- my parents got divorced. My dad married my step-m when I was 15. I was a bridesmaid and let me tell you at 15 I was surly, sarcastic, and full on TEEN. I bought tshirts with terrible slogans to bug my dad. Like terrible. I bought a shirt with a picture of Charles Manson on it lol. I also HATED dresses. So for this wedding I had to wear this awful bright pink poofy dress. I hated it. So halfway through the wedding it (had crinoline in it) I went to the bathroom with a pair of scissors and cut out all the inside crinoline and lining trying to make it less poofy lol. My dad didn’t realize until after the wedding. My aunt took me and my brothers to her place and we ordered pizza and watched tv. That was the best part of the wedding to me!

Well I’ve done ok this week with calories. My weight is down which is natural as last week it really spiked up bc of the pizza. So I wouldn’t say I lost weight but it went back to normal.

Been exercising but yesterday and today kind of a slog. I like to run but I am just terrible at it. I keep trying to increase and I just can’t do it. It was starting to make me feel bad and stressed. So I need to rejig and try something different. So Im going to try 2x a week for 20 mins and that is run/walk intervals. So each run is actually like 10 minute running and 10 minute walking.

Also and this is maybe TMI- my period is over a week late which is unusual. I guess I’m perimenopausal but it has been pretty regular for the last 6 to 8 months. Like it got weird quite a long time ago, then settled into a new normal for a long time and now this is unusual to be this late again. Not a big deal except its screwing up my workout planning. Ran for 10 mins today and thought I was going to be sick from cramps. It got better once I got home.

Also my computer is not working well so I’m working on a 13 year old Sony laptop. Ironic that it is functioning better than my ‘new’ laptop which is 3 yrs old. I ordered a new battery for it so hopefully that will fix it.

It is a beautiful sunny day here. Tomorrow I’m going with friends to a pub. I need to come up with a plan.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @retiredandlovingit Winter days are hard especially at the end of it. Spring is around the corner. So we just think about today. What habits can we focus on today? You win the prize so far for the longest marriage yet. You are a super grandma. My friend's dd in college has tried that Hello Fresh. But she doesn't cook. So her mom thinks it's a great tool to use versus fastfood and junk. My own opinion is I know what I put in my food plus I don't want calories that high per meal and I have loads of other stuff to spend money on.

@joannadavison You'll figure out your balance one of these days. I'm having declutter fail too. But I have 10 months left to get myself and my house in shape. Let's do it. A little each day. Yes on The Crown. I'm just gathering seasons so I can binge watch them. WARNING: may trigger cravings. View at your own peril Whoopie pie https://youtube.com/watch?v=byiRLoPMoFo

@trooworld My ironwill is stronger outside the house than inside my house. Didn't do so well today. Probably cancelled out my good efforts on Thursday. I hope your back is feeling better.

• theslightedgeforever
    @renaegry I hope things get better for you and that you can get back into your normal workout routine. I find it hard restarting after my bout with bronchitis. Lots of little stops and starts here that are not helping me. Tomorrow is another day to beat it. We'll get there.

@its_cleo At least your weight is down or normal as you say but still down. It could have stayed up and you added to it. Give yourself the credit. Did you figure out a pub plan? If I counted the water in my tea I would hit the daily allowance as a I have 2 mugs in the a.m. and 2 in the afternoon for a total of 6 cups. But I won't count it because caffeine is dehydrating. I don't like the taste of herbal teas. I could count those but I won't drink them. So....pure or fruit infused water it is. Just need to do it. I've been better this week than last though. So I'm heading in the right direction. I was imagining you as a surly, sarcastic teen. Nobody likes crinoline I don't think. Well, I guess your step-mom did. This is my longest time ever between periods. I haven't had one since end of November. I had the PMS just still waiting for Granny Flo. I'd like for her to take about 7 lbs home with her too when she leaves again. lol Then I could get back to my new normal. I liked it.

So in my 100 day book some good stuff I was reading.....

No person loses weight and keeps it off by giving up control of their choices.
    The end goal is not the strategy
    Your strategy not your desire will determine success
    Every choice you make sets a precedence for the next time you are in that situation.
    Successful weight loss is more about adding new and better things to your life than taking things away.

Guise, Stephen. Mini Habits for Weight Loss:

Green Day- Went over 393/238 Exercise- walked 68 minutes

February goal- Drink 3 glasses of water :(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt, I did another meal delivery service called Plated that is like Hello Fresh. I did it for about two months and I liked it, but it was expensive and the amount of packaging we had to throw away every week made my poor DH crazy. I liked doing the new recipes and trying things I never had before. Hello Fresh has their recipes online. I find them on Pinterest and they give me good ideas of new stuff to try. :)

@joannadavison, sometimes you just have to leave the clutter for another day and have a good time with your family! :)

@trooworld, how’s the back? I hope you got that book and had your bubble bath so you could relax. <3

@its_cleo, haha great wedding story! Nothing quite like a surly teenager. :D Perimenopause really messed up my cycle too. I would be normal, then it would stop, and then it was full-on horrendous for a day or two. Hang in there and it will pass. <3

@theslightedgeforever, that is some really wise words you posted out of your 100 day book! “.” Dang, how true is that!! I’m going to meditate on that as I get myself back on track this week. ;)

Good morning! I had a wonderful weekend with my friends. The conference was everything I had hoped it would be and hanging out with the girls was so much fun. I was exhausted when I came home yesterday from not sleeping the night before in the hotel. I never sleep well the first night in a new bed. Then there was all the eating out we did and drinking wayyyy more coffee than water. So, today I’m puffy and I’m sure my weight is up but I didn’t step on the scale to find out. I will tomorrow. Today I’m back to fasting, drinking my water, and eating healthy. My size 14 jeans are getting tight and that can’t happen!! :#
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    So with perimenopause did you guys get symptoms even though you didn't get your period for long times? I think that's what is driving me crazy.

I feel better today. Weight is down the lowest it's been since Dec 1. YAY. Happy with that.

Pub plan- late lunch at home. Take a sandwich with me in case I get hungry (I never tend to eat when we go, I just drink lol. But I make sure I have a good meal before). Set a drink limit. If I don't snack today it should be within my calories. It's actually like a whiskey pub and they have whiskey flights (samplers). Whiskey is less calories than beer but it's super expensive. I'll stick with beer .

@theslightedgeforever ah so your struggles make sense now with the caffeine. I have coffee every afternoon and I always struggled to drink water after. Because it is liquid going into your system...I just found it hard to drink a lot of water on top of it. I've gotten better but only bc I was really aware of it. But I only have 2 or 3 coffees a day. Ideally 2.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you had fun! It's nice to get away for a girls weekend.

Third sunny day in a row here! I'm doing the stairs later before meeting my friends.

On the down side my biceps tendonitis is still a prob. I tried some movements yesterday with 1 lb and couldn't do it pain free. Frustrating. I told my trainer we should just forget about my arms because it will never heal and just focus on my legs- I said my legs are the money makers lol :D
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hello everyone! Today I have to go to this networking event for a librarian group I belong to and I regret signing up for it. It's at a skating rink with pizza, I didn't sign up to skate though because I thought I'd break a hip if I tried to skate lol. I used to be very good at skating when I was a kid but it's been far too long since I skated. Meal prep: I bought 3 things from Costco to eat (Costco chicken pot pie to stick in the oven, quiche, and stuffed peppers). I will make these meals:

Made these last night: Vegan Curry-Spiced Sweet Potato & Wild Rice Burgers + baked fries
    Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole
    Low-Carb Roasted Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal

@its_cleo It was just perfect for us! <3 I did not do the bubble bath but I did go to the library and then came back and played some opera music and read for a bit and that was relaxing. Your wedding story---> lol! You little rebel, you! I hated when my period got all irregular. I would get my period, then not get it for a couple of months and then it would show up again. Now, I don't have it at all so it's not a factor lol. I hope yours shows up soon so you can plan around it. :) Enjoy your trip to the pub. Congrats on the low weight!!!

@theslightedgeforever Oh, sorry about not doing so well yesterday. You'll do better today! :D My back is feeling better today, thanks. This really spoke to me out of what you read, "Your strategy not your desire will determine success". I have a desire but seem to fail in my strategy. Also, this: "Successful weight loss is more about adding new and better things to your life than taking things away." I like this, it is a positive way to look at it.

@TeresaW1020 My back is feeling a little better. I got my book from the library. I didn't start reading it, though, I did read a bit of another book...I put on opera music and lounged on the couch with my Kindle and read. It was nice and relaxing! I didn't make it into the bubble bath, unfortunately. :( I'm glad you had a nice weekend away!

COMMITTED.
    February goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    It's been a good week, I'm still working long hours, that will never change. I'm up by 4 am so I can be at the office by 6:00, it takes a toll. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained either. I've stayed on track calorie wise every day but one, and even that day wasn't too bad.

It's almost 50 out today, so I need to spend some time outside. Two of my kids are home for mid-winter break, my other daughter will be home next week. It's so strange having college aged kids, because they just trickle in and out of the house at random times now.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2020
    @teresaw1020 Time to make a U-turn on the road and get back to it. You worked really hard to get into some smaller clothes and you don't want to have to return to bigger clothes. I always gain in my boob area first and I could tell a couple of shirts was tighter. I enjoyed having loose clothing as a sign of my success. I'm glad you enjoyed your conference and feel refreshed and renewed.

@its_cleo I have PMS symptoms of eating salty and chocolate items, and mood swings. So I'm just trying to roll with it because there's not much I can do about it at this point. Woohoo on the scale. That must have been so satisfying. Your plan is working. You are making some new habits. Sorry about the biceps. It's tough when our bodies don't do what we want.

@trooworld I think all of us needs work on our strategy. I need to list exactly what I was doing from August to January and start doing that again each day. I'm probably following about 80% of it but I need 95% effort. Skating sounds like so much fun. Although it's been awhile for me too but I think it could be relearned. I might be hugging the walls and surely I'm due for some karma with my actions taking hubby to the skating rink the first time. Your meals look good this week.

@nighthazel01 Good news is that you aren't gaining. So give it a couple of more weeks and if you are still at a standstill, figure out what to shake up? The hardest thing for me when I had college-aged kids was the shift from parent to guidance counselor. Did I mention I'm a control freak? Well that certainly goes out the window.

More good wisdom from my book.....Mini Habits for Weight Loss by Stephen Guise

Why is it that a person will sit down to watch a one-minute YouTube video without thinking about it, but not run in place for one minute because “it’s not a full workout?”

The primary goal is not weight loss but behavior change. Behavior change is the lever of weight loss. It makes it easier.

To succeed with weight loss, you must change into the type of person who weighs less. If you do that, results will follow.

Behavior change always trumps weight change. Those who think they need results in order to motivate themselves to action have it backwards. The true formula to success is to take consistent action. Consistency creates habits, brings you results and motivates you to continue.

Yellow Day-164/164 Exercise 39 minutes walking

February goal-Drink 3 glasses of water o:)
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @trooworld hope back pain is getting better.

@renaergy sometimes you just need to chill. I felt pretty awful yesterday & so did little.

@its_cleo LOL at bridesmaid story. I'd like to run too but rubbish at it. I've swapped to cross trainer to build up my distances. Did this last year when I joined brilliant little gym near my school. Total sympathy with perimenopause. I am so sick of it!! Loosing weight is my biggest bug bear- it's become a real block over last 4 years. I am hoping as I'm over 6 months late that I only have another 6 months to go & I'm through it. Although I understand the symptoms don't stop.

@theslightedgeforever I managed to get some craft stash sorted on Saturday at 'the Crop' (is that term used in the US?) So at least I made a little start.

@TeresaW1020 glad you enjoyed the conference. I would love to be back in my size 14 jeans - although I'm talking UK size so not sure what that is in US. I have 2 fabulous pairs of UK size 12 GAP jeans which I wore before I had my kids. They are my goal!! At the moment the goal is a few more lbs off to get into my work clothes again. I have a fab collection of UK 14s I am nowhere near but I just need a few more lbs to be into UK16. My 'Prom' dress is 16 but skinny fit & I want to be in it by June- so ideally a fat 14! LOL.

@nighthazel hi- yes- it's not a gain & sleep is important in weight loss. I'm currently trying to work on that.

Well I'm unexpectedly off work today.
    We had an unexpected snowfall in the area, roads not gritted enough & there has been traffic chaos. I received msg saying late start & then just after I set off a phonecall (hands free) to say school closed. 2 lorries jack-knifed near school & another 2 main routes blocked into the town. Pleased because there were problems on all my main routes in. DH set off with girls & had to turn around as steep bank out of next village into city was blocked. He turned around in next village as the students there were dispersing as no bus had turned up. A few students made it in so local staff looking after them but their school closed too. It's not normally this bad in our area but the roads not treated so it's mad!!
    I'm re-planning my lessons & then enjoying the day with DH as he's off on Mondays.
  • trooworld
    @nighthazel01 I got up at 4:00 am today, too, to get to work by 6:30. It is rough, I feel you.

@theslightedgeforever Well, we went to the networking event but only stayed 10 minutes because we were the only ones not skating and just didn't want to be there. I didn't want to go in the first place (neither did my husband), but I had already RSVP'd. We quietly and rudely snuck out lol. I'm going to continue aiming to walk on my breaks as well as aim to either ride our stationary bike or do yoga before work, if my work schedule allows it. My work schedule may be changing so it may not work. There's that word, consistency again. :)

@joannadavison Yes, thanks, it is: I did some stretching yesterday and it helped. Enjoy your day off of work and stay warm!

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @renaegry I feel you on those winter blues, I can't wait until it get warmer out and I can start to move outside again!

@trooworld It's truly amazing how stress stores in different areas of our body. I get stomach aches when I'm stressed. I hope the stretching helped!

@joannadavison I can't imagine still paying for a wedding after I divorced someone, how awful! And cheers to you and your spouse proving those doubters wrong! I hope you enjoy your surprise day off and everyone stays safe!

@RetiredandLovingIt I think it's fantastic you made your own dress! If I had any skills whatsoever I would love to do that because it makes it all the more special! And I'm with you on the cold weather making it hard to get steps in. It was finally above 20 degrees so I got to go out for a dog walk this morning! (20 degrees is my cutoff temperature lol).

@theslightedgeforever I'm so sorry the hostess was such a food pusher, what a bummer. We're all adults and we should fuel our bodies how we please! And I think your wedding photo idea is hilarious! I'll probably already be wearing a knee length dress so not much hiking needed!

@nighthazel01 4am is an atrocious time, I'm so sorry! I hope you're able to reduce hours and find time for self care.

@its_cleo Congrats on the weightloss! And it sounds like you have a great plan for the pub. I typically don't get food when I go out drinking either since I'm not a big fan of bar food. I much prefer going with a full stomach to make sure I don't get too tipsy! And I got a laugh out of your surly teen story because that was me too! My parents divorced around the same time and I was SUCH a brat for awhile! Good thing we grow out of all of that!

@TeresaW1020 So glad you had fun at the conference! I have a hard time sleeping at hotels too. I have a hard time sleeping when I have the bed to myself. I'm sure that water weight will be off in no time.

This weekend was rough. I am completely overwhelmed with schoolwork and I feel like I'm not getting time to myself to decompress and I'm just letting everyone down because I either have to cancel plans or not make plans because my schedule is completely overloaded. I have so many wonderful people in my life, but I just don't have time for them all right now! My partner was being fabulous and doing stuff around the house and cooked me dinner, and I barely had any energy for him. This is the part of grad school that I hate, because I feel like I'm neglecting everyone in my life. I also neglected my self care and ate like crap so I of course feel like crap too. Oh well, today is a new day and this week is a new week. I WILL get through this chapter of my life!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @joannadavison So what's your plan to get back into those jeans? Do you have them hanging somewhere to see them all the time as a reminder? I wish sizing was uniform no matter where you buy it. Global sizing. Yikes on the snowy roads. So did you have a fun day off? And I'm not familiar with The Crop unless I think about corn and soybeans. lol

@trooworld It's good you have a plan and just keep working at it day by day. That's what I'm doing with my water.

@mswatson0777 My kids felt the same way about grad school. Finally they finished. Just keep putting yourself at the top of the list so you have more energy to conquer the rest. Even think of little spurts of time in between.

Red Day-stayed OP 92/100 Exercise- 22 min walking and 10 min Pilates ball workout

February goal-Drink 3 glasses of water :(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, yes, I would get all the symptoms that I was about to start but I wouldn’t. Then there were the months that I would have super heavy periods. I went 11 months without a period and was super excited that I was almost through it. Only to have my period start on the 12 month and continue for another 6 months. Perimenopause is frustrating but it’s part of being a woman, so you just have to roll with it. :/

@trooworld, I was just talking to some ladies this weekend about the good old days of roller rink skating. That is where a boy held my hand for the first time. Glad your back is feeling better. I love opera music! <3

@theslightedgeforever, good stuff from your Mini Habits book! I totally believe all that you wrote. Once I get my mom settled I’m going to get that book and the Beck one too! And yes I’m making a U-turn. I am NOT going back to bigger clothes!! That just can’t happen! :#

@joannadavison, you will get in that dress and those jeans again! I believe in you! <3 I also loved when an unexpected snow day happened, and I could stay home. That has happened I think twice in the last 15 years due to living in the south.

@mswatson0777, hang in there girl!! I know it’s super hard right now, but you have to find ways for self-care and to relax and at least breathe. I’m glad that your fiancé is so supportive of you. He’s a keeper! :)

Good morning! The scale was down a little more today so that made me happy. I’ve decided to stop doing the 80 Day Obsession workouts because they are an hour long and with my mom coming I don’t want to commit that much time right now. I will for sure go back to it at a later date. So right now, I’m doing one now called Morning Meltdown and the workouts are only 30 minutes. And on days when I can devote more time, I will walk on my treadmill as well. Today, I have to go grocery shopping and do some housework. Have a good day! :)

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yes, it is amazing! Yes, the stretching did help. I'm sorry you are facing so much stress/overwhelm right now. It WILL get better. <3

@theslightedgeforever We'll get there! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, I used to love going to the rink and I remember slow dance skating etc. lol. I'm glad my back is feeling better, too! :) Opera helps me concentrate on whatever I am trying to do, and I like it too! That's good you are cutting back on your workout, it's about balance and you know what you need to do. Have a great day!

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Great advice! I definitely need to carve out some major self care time!

@trooworld Thank you for the kind words, I hope you continue to feel better!

@TeresaW1020 He is pretty great :) And congrats on the loss! I think setting realistic exercise goals is a great idea, especially during this transition period.

So somehow...I'm not sure how...I stepped on the scale this morning and it said I lost weight. After being on a cruise, getting engaged, and emotionally eating my grad school feelings I'm not buying it, but I'm hopeful it will stay low next week.

I started writing out some of the things I need to accomplish this week, and its an overwhelming list, but I'm committed to tackling them one at a time. If I can just finish my 15 page research paper, the rest of the list will seem less overwhelming.

In more fun news, have any of you checked out Encore on Disney+? As a prior theater kid, I LOVE it and it's the perfect fluffy nighttime TV show to help my brain decompress before bed.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well! I’ve been going non stop. Working 2 jobs, going to Zumba or walking, my stepsister is having a baby girl soon and I’m helping my mom plan and decorate the baby shower. My best friend and Zumba, WW buddy is getting married and I’m a bridesmaid. She just picked out her dress so now it’s picking out the bridesmaid dresses, which I’m nervous about because of my size and the price tag hopefully it’s something I can wear again.

WW is going okay. And the furkids are doing great looking forward to spring so I can take them hiking and walking.

Been making lists of what I want to get done in my house and redesigning it eventually once I save up $$.

I won’t be able to catch up from where I left off. I had so much more success here than at WW.

Have a great day and I’ll check in soon!

Missy
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @trooworld I reall should make an effort to have stretching routine. I got a foam roller, as we use it at gym, that helps with tension but I don't do it enough. Have you tried it?

@mswatson0777 this may sound dumb, but it did work for a friend who was on my teaching course. She used to set a timer to do her school planning & University assignments. When the time was up she went back to being Mum & wife. When I did my post-grad quals there was just the 2 of us. He was away 4 months of my teaching course & we both did our Masters at same time- so we both ignored each other! Hope you can find a way through it. Don't forget to to some exercise type thing to get you moving & give brain a break- I used to swim back then.

@theslightedgeforever - jeans are burried. If I have them out I'll get despondent. My plan is not to have a weight set, but to have mini-goals by amout lost & what fits. I'm reviewing all my goals each month & keep track of fitness ones on MFP but also all other goals in my Happy Planner. Anything from declutter, decorating, planning young people's session at church- whatever. Then when I feel useless- I can look at what I have achieved. Lot of baby steps.

@TeresaW1020 & Its_cleo don't tell me 11 months then period turn up- nooooooooo! I'm counting down months now- had 3 years of 3 month cycles and finally broken it- I'm seriously hoping I don't have to start counting again!!
    Snow days rarely happen for schools I've worked in but we had a bad winter 2 years ago & got 4 days!!! Yesterday was a fluke- snow had just about gone by lunchtime but it had come down thick & fast for a few hours & roads gritted at wrong times or not at all- caused chaos! Not complaining- I had lunch with DH & Mum, got jobs in house down & photos printed for scrapbook retreat.

@gemwolf110 great to hear from you. You sound super busy. Keep going & drop in when you can.

I'm exhausted today. Busy at work with missing yesterday & I was cooking dinner, prepping lunches & tidying kitchen constantly when I got in- the cadet run for eldest. Had a sneaky soya hot choc on way home as had to call at 'out of town' shops for fuel. About to make pancakes as it's Shrove Tuesday (aka pancake day) then I'm off to bed. DH will have to reheat his own dinner when he gets in!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2020
    @teresaw1020 I'm glad you are looking ahead and tweaking your plans as your new normal will begin soon. That's the whole premise of Mini Habits I think. Make your goals small enough to be successful and then on the days you can do more, do more. He says even on your worst days you should be able to complete your habit. If you aren't, then your goal is too big. Cut it down. Hooray on the scale being down. I'm still waiting. But action comes before results. Reminder to myself there. I remember as a child the church would rent out the skating rink. Ahhh, the couples skate. Two songs come to mind when I think of skating.....Double Dutch Bus and Another one Bites the Dust. :)

@trooworld So what have you done today to help you 'get there' Mine is a short list. I should have done this list the day before. lol 17 min walking. Ate a banana. Reduced my french toast from 3 to 2 pieces.

@mswatson0777 Woohoo on your scale. Maybe this will be contagious and I will catch it from you and Teresa.
    Good job on mapping out a strategy to tackle these items. What's one self care item on your list?

@gemwolf110 The fact that you are still out there working it is wonderful. So many people just give up and then end up back where they started or farther behind. Your life sounds busy but so many exciting things happening. Pop in when you get a chance.

@joannadavison I have a foam roller but only dh uses it. It hurts me but isn't that the point? Yes, baby steps and mini habits are the way to go. I was reviewing my weight loss from August til January and most of it was a loss per week between 0.6-0.8 Not much really but it was consistent and little by little added up to big things. I need to work on my decluttering. Two months is down the drain but I have 10 months to really shine at it in 2020. Now I'm the one saying 3 years of 3 month cycles? Noooooooooooooo (I hope you mean in between time and not 90 days of Granny Flo) I was so happy my period finally started this week to basically it's just spotting. I was hoping for at least a 2 lb lost with this thing. I'm a bit bloaty and was happy. Okay, I guess I'll take a 1/2 lb. I really thought well this must be the beginning of the end. Body says nope sorry, just intermission......

So today was a do nothing day. I hate those days. I did really well until just a bit ago. Should have got on here and talked with you all instead of procrastinating.

Green Day- Went over 269/238 Walked 17 min

February goals-Drink 3 glasses of water :(
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I did some yoga before work yesterday and that helped me not ache so much because if I sit still for too long, I start aching pretty quickly. I also went for a walk on my morning break and in the afternoon, I made sure and was moving around a lot. I got 7,085 steps yesterday which is more than I've gotten in a while during the work week.

@mswatson0777 Thanks! That's fabulous, or should I say fabuLESS that you lost weight after all that? Congrats!!! I don't have Disney+ but have thought about getting it. It's just we already pay for so many streaming services and we don't have kids so I don't know if it would be worth it.

@gemwolf110 Hello! Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you've been very, very busy!

@joannadavison It really helps me when I do it. I've not tried a foam roller but my husband has used one. Maybe I'll put one on my gift list. You sound like you've had a busy day!

@theslightedgeforever Yesterday, I tracked my food (95%), did yoga before work, took a walk on my morning break and drank a decent amount of water. The thing I hate about weight loss is everything is such a DELIBERATE EFFORT. You just can't be on autopilot. You have to consciously make a decision to do x instead of y every doggone time. It's tiring. That's good you had some victories. I used to keep a list in a book of "Today's victories". I might start doing it again.

COMMITTED.