NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all:

I haven't exercised in so long...just working on maintaining life at this point..LOL My knees still are sore, but getting better. I feel it on the knee I broke with I lift my leg..think..Leg lifts...UGH..the baby didn't sleep all day and fussed all day...it was one of those days...but I joined WW again, since I am a lifetime member and finding the program so far works for me....I am glad to see peas and corn on the zero list...I had to find something to eat as the chicken I made and the veggies were all eaten..people were hungry and liked what I did with the chicken..(my own mix of spices) so I say what can I eat...well as gross as it sounds...two eggs (protein) peas and corn...filled me up and I used up the left overs in my fridge...so win win..

@trooworld I checked out the Imperfect Produce, they are not here yet...but I put myself on the list to be notified when they are..it said I could pre-order..so I guess they are coming soon. Thanks for the heads up. Yes I am one of those that can eat the same thing over and over..LOL I too love looking at your menu when you post.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I am having to work on my routine...some days are better than others...I like how you are figuring your triggers...keep working you are doing great.

@TeresaW1020 Never give up on your goals...keep working them and make small changes and before you know it...you're there!!! zero for the month is better than +2 for the month.. :)

@krupalip Morning! Don't give up on the scale...sometimes we stay and the next week a huge loss...our bodies are a bit fickle..LOL

@countryaire11 Great job on your tracking!!! baby steps and consistency lead to great strides!! You should be proud! Welcome to the board, sorry I didn't welcome you when you first got on here...I am out of my routine and I have to learn change is good..LOL

Okay gals have lots to do and need to keep moving...

Cbabie
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is the first time I've seen this thread. I lost a total of 92 pounds on WW over the years and hit Lifetime last April. That's the point at which I stopped tracking points and started tracking calories and nutrients. Still go to weekly meetings, still weigh in once a month for the freebie status. I do love my weekly meetings, although they are severely lacking for Lifetimers. I've lost an additional 5 pounds here. I'm a member of several FB WW groups, but they do a lot of FS bashing and it's getting tiring. So glad to have hit Lifetime, where it's been way less stressful!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Trooworld. I’m one of those people who can eat same lunch and breakfast. I have two different ones I rotate except the weekend but they are the same too. Less decisions less hassle. I do different dinners though. That produce box sounds great.

Cbabie. How about put baby in a stroller and go walk. Or put on a sling and carry while walking. How about swimming or water aerobics while you wait for the knee to get better

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @allisonlane161 welcome to the group. Good for you on reaching lifetime plus an additional 5 lbs. impressive! I think people just dont like change. I say to WW people don’t get used to Freestyle as they will be changing it soon. I think partly because nutrition education always changes it seems and partly they will attract people and make more money with a new plan. Lots of people think well the old plan didn’t work but I know this one will. I’ve learned any plan works if you work the plan. The catch is it sustainable the rest of your life. I’ll be glad to learn from you

So finally did 60 min of exercise today between treadmill, lifting, and stretching. Then right in the middle of my lifting my pulley system broke ARGH. So hopefully DH will fix that this weekend. Meanwhile I’ll just have to use hand weights.
    My little shoe trick worked. Now to make it a habit.

This week I’m having a problem with food. I’ve been over 5 out of 7 days. I just feel hungry for PB toast. I almost never eat that. I eat 1.5 T on my pancakes every Friday but that’s it. Dont know what my body is craving but it needs to stop
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello all, been struggling with a cold and a bad cough, so missed my workout yesterday but went to the doctor got meds and not feeling better but will go do a mild workout today. Had a pity party last evening and went overboard on chocolate and chips, wish I could be stronger but wasn’t yesterday

@cbabie so sorry to hear about your knee, hope a speedy recovery for you, I do have a lot of family events over the weekends since my in laws are staying with us for a couple of weeks and they are very social people, yes and the scale can be tricky but trying to hang in there and not give up.

@theslightedgeforever I feel once in a while give in to your urge to have PB toast, on your cheat day and glad you’ve started working out again

@allisonlane161 hey Allison, congratulations on your achievements, any advice on how to get through those last lbs which won’t budge and sticking to the plan, would love some advice

@trooworld great to know that your wrists are doing better and loved the link for the Thai lemongrass chicken, it’s a great website for recipes

Ok guys off to the gym wish me luck hopefully won’t give up during my workout thanks to this horrid cold
    Have a great day everyone!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Yeah, that's how it is here too (coming soon). I saw job listings for them on glassdoor.com (I'm not looking for a job, I was doing an internet search for them and my city and that popped up), so they truly must be. Well, I'm glad I've been posting my menu then! :) I don't know how you guys can eat the same thing over and over but good for you. I'm glad you joined WW again. I like the new program a lot.

@allisonlane161 Congratulations on your loss, that is awesome! What do you think is the top thing that got you to goal? You'll find this group is very supportive, I think.

@theslightedgeforever Oh you same eaters are coming out of the woodwork now, huh? lol I wish I could be like you, I really do, but if I tried, I'd take a look at the lunch I brought and go running to the cafe. :D That stinks that your pulley system broke! I'm glad you had hand weights though. Do you pre-track your food? Would it help to pre-track the peanut butter toast to see what damage it is doing?

@krupalip I'm sorry you've been sick, I hope you are better soon. I'm glad my wrists are getting better, too!

Hi all! I went to bed early last night, as I felt so unrested yesterday all day. I have a slight headache today. My best friend is coming to visit from out of state, she arrives tomorrow morning for the weekend. I'm very excited. Of course, this means my eating is going to go in the toilet. I'm okay with that. We are celebrating our 50th birthdays (both are in Sept although mine isn't till later in the month). Have a good day!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    krupalip wrote: »

@allisonlane161 hey Allison, congratulations on your achievements, any advice on how to get through those last lbs which won’t budge and sticking to the plan, would love some advice

Thanks for the warm welcome here!

I had a lot of difficulty and it took months to lose, first, the last 5 pounds, and then a long time to lose that last 1.5 pounds. I nearly settled on a doctor's note that my current weight (1.5 over highest goal weight permitted by WW for 5'8) and actually had the note in hand when I hit goal. How did I do it? WW wouldn't like to hear this and maybe it wouldn't work for everyone, but after month's of having to keep paying $44.95, I decided on a Friday I was going to freaking do a sort of fast before my Saturday morning weigh in. I drank a green protein smoothie for breakfast, ate yogurt and berries for lunch, and a huge salad with SF dressing and small can of tuna for dinner, and nothing else. I hit goal the next day and never went above it again. I workout a lot and I worked out before that weigh in, sweat a lot and hadn't eaten much Friday. And I'd do it all over again. :)

As far as the top thing that got me to goal, my "why" was always my health so my only child didn't have to care for me in old age (I'm 56 now). Then as I progressed, my "why" became to be a better runner with a faster pace. I also have seen some beautiful places in this world (Mt Everest for one) because of my level of fitness. Weight Watchers made it possible.

Jackie aka Allisonlane161

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @allisonlane161, hi and welcome! Congrats on making Lifetime!! Losing 92 lbs is amazing! That is just about what I needed to lose when I started. Still got a long ways to go but I'm NOT stopping! :) I hear you about FB groups bashing Freestyle. I am a member of two really great groups and one of them doesn't allow any bashing, which is refreshing. I've left other groups because of the amount of negativity. Having said that I have my own issues with FS and that is why I now double track points and calories, but I love WW and hope to be at Lifetime by the end of next year and enjoy it for FREE! B)

@krupalip, I'm so sorry you are sick! I hope you will start feeling better soon. In the meantime, you just have to take care of yourself and not overdo it. <3

@theslightedgeforever, glad to read that the shoe trick worked for you. 60 minutes is awesome! Peanut butter had to leave my life. I would try to regulate myself but just couldn't do it. I now buy the dry PB2 stuff (chocolate is the best!) and I like it but it's much easier for me to control. Have you tried it? :)

@trooworld, how great that you have a friend coming and that you will both be celebrating birthdays. True that you will probably overdo it this weekend but maybe you can make a pact with yourself to get right back on plan the moment she is gone and finish September strong! :)

Hello everyone! I just got done doing a 45-minute interval program on my treadmill. I seriously love incline walking! I've been thinking about next month and I've decided to do my best to be 100% on plan for the whole month. That means with exercise, water, points, & calories. I'm joining a challenge on MFP called the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. Sounds intense! :o:D So, of course, I have made a lunch and movie date with my sweet friend for Saturday, Sept. 1st. Guess I'll have to start practicing behaving from day one!! :D:D:D Speaking of movies! We wanted to see Mama Mia but it looks like we have missed that boat so I'm going to suggest Crazy Rich Asians. Anyone seen it yet?
  • cbabie
    Options
    Oh my, somehow the day got away from me again...I have tracked all my food and went over, but I am tracking and that is all that matters. I feel better and really have no craving for ALL the sugar right now. making better choices, but still no exercise...just life.

@trooworld enjoy your friend, we all have to have life...so enjoy!!!

@krupalip I hope you feel better today!! Thank you and I am just glad I didn't break it again..LOL

@allisonlane161 You are right about the meetings lacking for lifetimers...I once thought about becoming a leader, but decided not to..welcome to this board.

@theslightedgeforever Baby hasn't been outside yet except to the dr...they do things weird now..but I am sure I will put that on my list as soon as the weather gets cooler..

Okay, I gotta run..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @allisonlane161 It sounds like you have a great "why". I have a similar why (I don't want my husband to have to care for me when I'm older).

@TeresaW1020 I will most definitely get right back on it when my friend is gone. I have a goal to make! :D I have not seen that movie yet, but I hear the jewelry in it is amazing (I work in the jewelry industry ;) ). Good luck, I know you will do great!

@cbabie That's great that you tracked all of your food, good and bad. Brava! Thank you, I will enjoy! I have made a Spotify playlist with all the music of our youth lol. It should be fun to listen to while we drive around.

Hi all! So much to do before I meet up with my friend. I want to dye my hair, finish cleaning the house, wash the car...ugh. I hope I get it all done. If I don't jump on here tomorrow, I'll jump on here on Sunday or Monday. I hope you all have a great day.
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I read through the last few pages of comments and it’s so nice to see everyone so active on here. I had 4 teeth pulled on Monday which hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. The first 2 days I pretty much just laid around my apartment watching TV and relaxing. It’s been very hard to hit my calorie goal this week. I admit I haven’t been weighing/tracking as diligently as I should be. Although I know I’m not hitting my goals cuz I’m always hungry for real food and have been on mainly a smoothie/mushy food diet. I go to the dentist again on Tuesday for a checkup and also find out when they will put the wire on my braces.

Trooworld. Have fun with your friend! I know the feeling of wanting to get a bunch of stuff done before friends arrive.

Cbabie. Great job tracking even if you’re going over! Keeping up the habit is important. Something I seriously need to work on.

TeresaW1020. I’ve only heard good things about Crazy Rich Asians. I want to see it but don’t want to go to the theatre cuz I know that delicious popcorn smell will torture me.

Krupalip. Hope the meds kick in and you feel better soon!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning!!

@cbabie, good for you for tracking all your food. I've been in the habit that no matter what I eat it gets tracked, but I haven't been as diligent with weighing and measuring. Especially, with the 0 point foods and since I'm double tracking with calories my goal is to be much more aware. Of course that now means more work? :/ Your life is very full so cut yourself some slack. The exercise will for sure begin when that baby starts becoming mobile. :D

@Trooworld, have a great time with your friend!! We expect to hear all the fun details. And NO beating yourself up for what you might eat. Just enjoy your time together!! <3

@ChelleTrell, you poor thing!! I think you have all the reasons to not be so careful with tracking and hitting your calorie goal. Hopefully this next week you will feel much better. :)

So, my plans have changed today and I'm good with it! My friend is a real estate agent and has a client today and I am taking my friend, who had the reconstructive surgery, dinner tonight and of course I don't do things easy so I need to be home to monitor the food. I'm making BBQ pulled pork in the crockpot, baked beans with bacon, homemade coleslaw, chips and store bought cookies. I love to cook but I don't bake! :D And since I plan to eat some of this dinner too, I'm going to walk a 5K on my treadmill to rack up some exercise points. B)

Ohhhh and it's a new month so let's celebrate!!
    hbemjjt140yl.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @ChelleTrell I hope all goes well at the dentist on Tuesday. I'm glad you didn't push yourself and rested while recovering from 4 teeth pulled. Thank you, I am having fun! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yes ma'am! I will start below with yesterday's excursions! :D Your dinner sounds delicious, I'm sure your friend will love it (and you!). Good idea to walk a 5K! I love the image...it's a great reminder!

Hi all. So my friend arrived late yesterday. We went to lunch but didn't get there until 2:30! I was starving by the time we got there (her plane was late, we had to check her into the hotel, we had to go to the bank...etc). We went to a little Thai place in my old neighborhood. Yesterday, I didn't make any healthy decisions maybe today will be different. I had pad thai at lunch. Then we went SHOPPING! We just went to Kohls and Target (we'll go to boutiques today when we go to the beach). I bought a cute shirt to wear out tonight. We decided we needed a nap after that, so I dropped her off at her hotel for a few hours. We went to dinner in Little Italy. The traffic was maddening getting into Little Italy, it seemed that everyone had the same idea! :( We had to pay for parking because we couldn't find free parking but oh well. We went to dinner at the place beside the place that my husband and I went for our anniversary, and in a weird coincidence, the waiter that was serving the table next to us when my husband and I were at the neighboring restaurant served us. I remember his strong Italian accent and his name, Fabio, and his charming manner. He was just as charming to my friend and I, I bet he gets a lot of tips! I had spaghetti with meat sauce that also had meatballs, a caesar salad and a glass of Chianti. Let me tell you, I think that was the best spaghetti I've ever had! I don't know what they put in that but it was amaaaaazing. We had a great time, we took some pics, and then went to a little boutique in the area that sold nice jewelry. I was so tempted but I have a financial goal that is keeping me out of such places so I didn't buy anything. Stay tuned for more adventures! :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!

I went over yesterday, but I did lose 1.4 lbs this week. That's a plus for me since I ate not all the right foods, only because I was trying to get rid of left overs that no one else would eat, LOL But grateful for the loss.
    @trooworld Sounds like you are having lots of fun...I can actually see your smile through your post!
    @TeresaW1020 I used to only love to bake and make candies, etc..but I am learning to love to cook and my family has actually like some of my own creations..LOL Enjoy your meal!!! (your right, I will be getting my exercise) I miss my treadmill...someday I will own one again!! I have had one for 10-15 years or more...
    @ChelleTrell I am so sorry you are having a rough time of it. don't worry about eating right yet...just get to feeling better and the eating will come forth. Take one day at a time to track...it then becomes a habit...(still working on it) LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    krupalip I don't really have cheat days. When I do that I tend to go overboard. I do have two days a week where my calories are higher than normal and the other days I compensate by lowering them a bit so I stay around an average of 1521 calories per day or lower. If I exercise, I can lose weight at this formula. I was using PB because I was denying myself some sweets that I wanted. I would have been better off with a bite of chocolate. I don't need much to satisfy me. I hope you are feeling better. When I'm sick I make poor food choices to comfort myself.

Trooworld I do pretrack my food. But sometimes I don't necessarily want to eat the thing I have pretracked. Kind of like you and the lunch you bring. This week I felt like my stomach was an empty hole. Nothing seemed to satisy it. Here's looking at this week will be better. It's fun to go out with friends. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. That Italian place sounded really good.

allisonlane161 Good for you on your accomplishment of Mt Everest. One of my goals is to be in better shape for hiking. I love to hike and in the future would like to take more family hikes and not always be the last one up the hill saying I'm coming (gasp, wheeze, gasp) I'm coming. You can tell you worked very hard for your arms. I love good toned arms. Another one of my goals.

TeresaW1020 Yes I've tried PB2 and don't like it. I'm a picky PB snob. I've tried the natural stuff and funny enough it's just too peanut-y tasting to me. I like what I like I've learned. So usually I only eat 1.5 T per week on Pancake Friday and I'm good with that. I just turned to it this week because I had nothing else to satisfy me in the house. But I changed that. I have replenished my choc stash and it remains in the choc stash place. I'm more comforted in the fact that it's there versus eating it. Occasionally I will dip into it. I used to have a regular Oreo Thinners Thursday routine where I would have 4 cookies and a cup of skim milk. I always looked forward to that. Then I didn't have that need anymore and my boxes sat there for months unopened. Then my son moved home and noticed he started getting into my stash and one day they were gone. So now I have restocked and they are safely on my bedroom shelves. lol So this week it's back to my 1-2 times per week of sweets boundaries. Great job on your treadmill walking. My kids saw Crazy Rich Asians and all loved it. Maybe those 21 Day Fix containers would work for you. They make it so easy to measure. I love to bake and just learning to cook. lol I quit baking because I would eat the stuff but then found I really miss baking so baking is on Saturdays and I give myself enough extra calories to enjoy one piece.

cbabie Good for you for making better choices and getting rid of the sugar craving. Life will settle down and the exercise routine will begin again. Hooray on your loss.

ChelleTrell Getting teeth pulled is hard. So hopefully this downtime will be short and soon you will be back soon on a regular diet. I hate when life gets in the way of my healthy program. lol

Finally got all through these and forgot to hit post. I thought I did. But anyway, here we are.

WW meeting highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc0RdkRSkk8

• krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good morning, loved reading everyone’s post and thank you for all the get well soon wishes, they did seem to come my way and I am feeling much better, last couple of days were very hectic and my cold and cough didn’t make it any easier
    @trooworld good to see that you’re having a blast with your friend and managing to stick to your financial and caloric goals. I plan to shop at Target when I am in the US, a few friends have said that it’s a great place for shopping. I am down to 52 kgs/114.6 lbs this morning, and heading to the gym in a bit, feels good

@theslightedgeforever how are you, when I started my weight loss program, I went on YouTube to find some motivational material and I found this Australian documentary about Elle ip, who despite several challenges including just delivering a new born baby managed to compete in a fitness and body building competition in NY in record time. Elle’s story was inspiring for me because, I too had one toddler and I had a new born plus a gym membership and a nanny, Elle didn’t have either of these things and she lost weight and achieved her goals in just 11 months. It’s in her documentary that she recommends cheat days, so I started to have one as well, I too go overboard sometimes when I am on cheat days. However, if you get the time please watch This documentary Beyond Expectaions, it helped changed my life

@chellTrell hope you can put your tooth extractions behind you soon and get back to your normal routine, hang in there

@cbabie congratulations on your weight loss, good to see that your knee injury isn’t getting into the way of your weight loss journey

@TeresaW1020 Finally, yesterday I tried on my black dress which was kind of my goal, something I. Wanted to wear for my big 40! After months and weeks of the zip not going up, it did yesterday, what a rush it was, I need a new wardrobe too, any shopping tips ?

Have a great week everyone and a great day ahead
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Gemwolf. What are you thinking of majoring in? I can’t believe it’s September already. What are your health goals for this month?

Krupalip. I’ll look into the video. Thanks for sharing. Woohoo on the little black dress. A huge NSV.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Labor Day (for you in the U.S. :) )

@trooworld, Spaghetti with meatballs, a Caesar salad and a glass of Chianti is like one of my dream meals. Yum!! You know I never mind as much when I blow through my calories if the meal was memorable. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Good for you!! :)

@cbabie, Yayyy for your 1.4 lb loss! That is awesome! B) I know lots of people hate treadmills because they think they are boring. Not me! I put on one of the preset programs, turn on the TV and fan, and get to it! :D

@theslightedgeforever, good for you for hiding your stash from your son! Let him buy his own. :D I couldn't have a stash like that in my house. I just don't have that kind of control. :/ I really want to see that movie and told my husband that is I don't go with my friend he will be forced to take me. :p

@gemwolf110, good for you for wanting to go back to school and make a change in your career. If you have the ability to find something you love to do then you should do it. Yes, it will be a lot of work but so worth it! :)

@krupalip, How awesome that you got that little black dress zipped up!! I know the feeling! Yesterday, when I was getting dressed for church I decided to try on something from the back of my closet just to see and was so excited that a super cute shirt that I've owned for 6 years and only wore once fit and was even a little big on me. What a motivator!! It is my goal to have everything in my closet fit me and not be sitting there waiting for me to lose this stinking weight. I love shopping!! I'm not a fan of Target's clothes personally. I like Kohls and Dress Barn and I do a lot of online shopping. Once I'm out of plus size clothes I plan to go into stores that I've never been in. What a hoot that will be!! :DB)

So, I had a really good weekend. Weight was down this morning and I'm hoping to have a decent loss at tomorrow's weigh in. I worked out really hard the last two days and today I'm going to have to calm it down. I have an old groin pull injury that will flare up whenever I overdo it. I've finally learned to listen to my body and not push it when that happens. It frustrates me but it's better than really overdoing it and being out of commission for a couple of weeks. Been there done that more than once!! :/
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!

Well I went bust this weekend..Stress got the best of me and I ate nothing but carbs and ice cream and didn't track..I was so overwhelmed with life that I just gave in...BUT I am back on track and will just stay on point and hopefully maintain this week..

@krupalip Great job on the NSV black dress..that is always an awesome feeling..I am waiting for that day I can get back into some of my old clothes. I will feel like I have a new wardrobe. That's why I won't go buy anything and I am still not working..LOL That documentary sounds very interesting. thanks for sharing.

@theslightedgeforever glad you have your stash back and hid where DS can't get it..but what about DH..LOL I was a day late in reading your post about the book, but I checked and it was still free and I snatched it. THANKS

@gemwolf110 glad you enjoyed your staycation...I remember those anixety days or so well. I found a journal not to long ago written in about 2010 and I had headaches all the time due to stress and no sleep.. Take care of YOU it's important.

Okay going to get my day started.

Cbabie