NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever it has started hurting since the increase in times going...when I was just going once a week, it didn't hurt, but when I started going 3x a week, it started hurting. I think what is hurting me is the clean and presses and there is no way to do a modified version of those. I've talked to two BodyPump instructors about it, one was not sure what it could be the other was looking at my form when I was having shoulder pain, not wrist pain so I don't know what to do.

Hi all. I'm having a real problem. I ordered real pizza last night. The good kind. I just can't seem to get back on track now that my friend is gone. There are several reasons for this: I'm not seeing progress, I'm lonely because my husband has to go over to his family's house 5-6 nights/days a week and I only see him about 30 minutes a day in the mornings except for 1-2 days a week, I'm feeling sorry for myself because of the pain of my wrist/forearm, WW erased my weight history and so any progress I made since I joined (I had lost 10 lbs) was erased and they can't seem to get it together to put it back. I'm frustrated, lonely, and don't know what to do. I commute long hours, come home to nothing on tv and nothing to do but eat. I don't have many friends in the area, maybe 2-3 max.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@trooworld, I'm so sorry you are struggling and I so wish I could just give you a hug! <3 It can be so hard to get back on track once you go off. Especially when areas in your life are dragging you down. I've been there so many times myself, so I totally understand! But, you can't stay in the mindset you have right now. You have to do a restart. Just mentally draw a line and begin again. That is what I do. I just start again because giving up isn't an option anymore. You have to set yourself up with a new game plan.

First you have to take care of your wrist/forearm. I know that frustration because I'm dealing with my knee and it's super annoying but what can we do but take care of your body so we don't damage it even more. :/ You know how to eat and how to prep. I've seen it!! So, you get yourself back to the grocery store and stock that house with all the good foods you know that you can eat. Yeah, TV can suck so listen to music. Read some books, put together a super big jigsaw puzzle (my personal favorite thing ;) ), call those friends that you do have, start a new hobbie!

I believe in you and I know that you can get back your mojo! I have a Pinterest board full of motivational quotes for when I'm struggling. Here is just one that I want to share with you. :)

um9hw7txdkj7.jpg
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just a thought, I think we all should read something on self sabotage because I certainly seem to be on that path, last night after a good day of clean eating, I ended up binge eating chips and 3 pieces of chocolate- why I don’t know, may be because my hubby was next to me and I couldn’t resist the temptation, which led to no loss on the scale this morning (I have been losing consistently but my eating is something I can’t seem to control)

@theslightedgeforever I think you are right about self sabotage and yes I am scared about maintaining my weight, that’s tough for me, I just see myself letting go all of my achievements once I have reached my goals

@trooworld hey don’t be down and out, believe me, even though my hubby is home, we just don’t have time for each other, I am busy with the kids and work, he is really busy with work and social media, Twitter etc. He is always on his desktop and if not that then on his phone, we barely have a conversation. I just hope our trip to the US will allow us to reconnect again. That said, I love having a pity party for myself but the guilt that comes later is terrible. You are so strong, don’t give up please, as Teresa said, draw the line again restart, you must feel sore and lonely but food can’t be our answer. We have to pick ourselves up move on, falling is easy, it’s how we get up and press on is important. Lots of hugs, remember you aren’t alone

Have a great day everyone
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Quickie here. I did 68 min of exercise including strength training walking and stretching

Food calories were over.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you so much! I have to say I did something different at BodyPump yesterday: I usually wear both my wrist guards AND my weightlifting gloves and that causes my wrist guards to push up kind of off my wrists, but yesterday, I didn't wear my gloves which allowed my guards to totally protect my wrists. My wrists felt better. :D I know I'm going to turn it around, I just have to get this junk out of my body...you know when you get it in your system, it's hard to get the taste for it out??? Thanks for the ideas and the motivational quote, that is a good one! Tonight, I will be alone and I am going to do something different. Instead of sitting around channel surfing, I am going to make a piece of digital art (I do digital journaling where I use Photoshop to make a scrapbook page of a journal...with some words but mostly with pictures).

@krupalip I hope you get to the bottom of your self-sabotage. Thank you so much. Don't worry, I have lots of resolve and will not give up...I will just be down for a bit but will not give up.

@gemwolf110 Kickboxing sounds marvelous. Yes, I've checked it out by a doctor he didn't really have much to say about it. :( But see my note to Teresa above about my wrist guards. :) Thank you, my friend. I do appreciate each and every one of you and feel like we do have a special connection.

@theslightedgeforever Wow, great job with the exercise! You'll have a better day with food today.

Hi all. Well, I had a better day with food yesterday. Not perfect, but better. And exercise was good. See my note to Teresa above about my injury. I might be able to keep up with BodyPump, but I'm looking into other options just in case. There is a yoga studio in the neighborhood that is a good price. I need to just stop with the junk in my mouth. It stops today.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I’ve been away from MFP for a long time, currently on WW, but not finding much support there.
    Especially, I’m looking for motivation to move! I sit all day and I know that if I find the right people, I’ll be encouraged.
    Many of my old MFP friends are now inactive, so I’m looking for active members for mutual support. Please join me!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

@gemwolf110, good job on your challenge and yayyy for new workout clothes. I really need some new clothes but since I workout alone at home, I guess I think rags will do. :D

@theslightedgeforever, Wahhhooo on all that exercise! I'm jealous....see my post below. :/

@trooworld, that is great about your wrist not hurting. Funny how something we do can cause so much pain. I think that is awesome that you have something to do tonight to keep you busy. Digital journaling sounds super cool. How did you get started in that? I wish I had learned Photoshop. I do graphics all the time at work and that would probably be useful.

@blueimp, Hello and welcome! This is a great group and very supportive. I know about sitting all day but I've learned that once you begin to be consistent with some sort of activity your body will actually crave it.

Well, it's been a good day, but I've come to the decision in the middle of the night that I really can't work out until this stupid knee of mine completely heals up. I tried to ride my bike yesterday for 25 minutes and my knee hurt the rest of the night and I could hardly sleep. So, no more cardio until I'm totally pain-free. Super frustrated but resigned to being a good girl and keeping my husband from dragging me to the doctor. Ugghhh!!! :s:# I am going to start doing some upper body with my dumbbells. My iPad has been charged for over a week and I've yet to find a good weight lifting video. No time like the present, huh? :D I also have to now really be careful with my eating. I lost 1.6 on Tuesday and really don't want to stop my progress. Send me your good vibes, my friends! :)
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the welcome!
    Today I recalculated my macros. Monitoring them is the most helpful too I’ve learned from MFP.
    Here are my calculations:
    Basil Metabolic Rate (BMR): 996.5
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE): 1195.8
    Daily calories deficit: 10-25% of TDEE—I’m not doing this right now because I need to get my activity level up first. I set daily calories at 1200 for now. Lee’s than this is neither healthy or sustainable for me.
    This week I’ve set these macro goals. I’ll give them a week and see what results I get.
    Protein 25%
    Fat 35%
    Carbs 40%
  • krupalip
    Options
    Hey everyone, does anyone have any ideas on how to eliminate carbs from one’s diet, with me, my body works best without carbs apparently, the weight loss is really huge when I go off carbs. Indian food is loaded with carbs, and I just need to give up carbs for a week or so to reach my goal before I hop onto that airplane for the US. I have inches up a few grams on the scale and so this morning I tried on my NSV black dress, oh thank god it fit, I was so scared it wouldn’t...

@trooworld so glad you’re not looking to give up, I am here for you anytime you need a Pep talk or some motivation. Take care of your wrists, and shout out for anything you need

@TeresaW1020 don’t you think it would be wise to see a doctor for your knee ? What diet plan are you on? It’s been really hard for me to stick to a high protein- low carb diet plan, hit a plateau again, which is due to my food choices. Thank you for putting that board up from Pinterest really loved it

Anyways gotta run for my lower body workout, see you all later
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld that’s great that you might be figuring out the wrist problem. Have you thought about joining some kind of groups to meet friends for those days that dh is not there. Or check out all the free stuff in your area. The digital art sounds like something I would do. I’m glad you are feeling better.

@blueimp welcome to the group. I’m working on moving more too. I’ve changed my mindset from exercising X amount of minutes each day to X amount of burned calories each day.

Teresaw1020. Don’t be jealous. Remember when I was sitting on the sidelines a few weeks ago due to my minor surgery. I think we all just rotate on who is going to be sitting watching. Lol my body doesn’t crave exercise. I know others who say it happens to them but I don’t have the feeling of ooh I wish I could go exercise. Maybe someday. I’m having less feelings of wishing it was over so there’s that. 😏 Nice motivational pic you shared with Trooworld is your knee feeling better. Yaaay on your weight loss. Good vibes coming your way.

Krupalip. The easiest way to go off carbs is just don’t eat them. Yes the weight loss is more without carbs but it comes right back on when you start eating them again. So unless you are going to be carb free the rest of your life which probably not because of the Indian food, expect some rebound. But if your goal is to meet that goal before your trip just say no and eat a lot of chicken and veggies. Or maybe one bite.

Gemwolf. Hang in there and just keep marking off those days. I was thinking about new workout clothes too but then I’m like Teresa no one really sees me. But I thought I see me when I look in the mirror doing weights. I want to look good no matter what. So I’ll add it to my reward list.

I did 71 minutes of exercise including weights and walking. Plus stayed under my calories
  • trooworld
    Options
    @blueimp hello and welcome! I'm currently on WW as well. I'm sorry you aren't finding the support you need there. Support is important. I sit all day as well, I can identify with the need to move. How I get my activity in is that I go to the gym before work. This means that I have to get up at 4:00 a.m. to have coffee, play on the internet a bit, and then get to the gym at 5:30, but that is what works for me. Maybe you can find something that works for you? I'm glad you are joining us! :)

@TeresaW1020 I actually started by taking a free adult education Photoshop course. It taught me the basics of Photoshop. I loved it so continued to learn on my own. The digital journaling is something I came up with on my own after seeing examples on the internet. You can do it with different programs, some people use Adobe Photoshop Elements, which is a more basic program, and I'm sure there are other programs to use. Here are some examples: https://tinyurl.com/y74jbooz Your decision about your knee sounds like a smart one. ((( SKINNY/GOOD VIBES )))

@krupalip Congrats on the black dress fitting!!! As for cutting out carbs, you could substitute some things...for example, some people substitute "cauliflower rice" for rice: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/238987/paleo-cauliflower-rice/
    Other things, you will have to cut down on or leave out (the naan). Thank you for your support!!!

@theslightedgeforever I've thought about joining some groups, and hubby and I tried to join some groups in the past but that sort of fizzled out...maybe I need to try again. I always feel like I don't fit in because I have this weird sense of humor (I have a dark sense of humor, I don't have kids, these things make me sort of an oddball)...but maybe I can find a group of oddballs like me? I'm glad I'm feeling better too, I hope it continues. You had a great day, congrats!

Hi all. I had a fantastic day yesterday as far as food was concerned. No treats. One single-serving bag of pop chips (which was okay, I meant to eat it). Now, to rinse and repeat!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Ok short message, I am still having computer problems...still trying to stay on track. But haven't done the greatest this week . I hate computer problems. Stil not sleeping with a newborn on the house.

I have read and all the post and so glad to see everyone encouraging each other...I dont know what I am going to do with my comp..issues.

@blueimp welcome...I am so glad to have you here. You will love these girls...

Ok cant do all the personals on my phone..ugh..but wanted to say yes I am alive and here...and so proud of each of you
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Okay, my computer is running right now, so I thought I would jump on really quick before it goes off again..LOL

@trooworld I think that's great you can take free adult education. I love education...especially if it's free. I am going to look at that website you have. You know you got this..we can do this together. I was supposed to go to WI today, but I don't believe I am going to make it. So I am going to try this week to get right back in the right mind set to achieve my goals...you can too!!! I am so glad you found a way your wrist doesn't hurt and you get support for it.

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry about your knee...take care of it..it's important. We only get 2 and we need both. My dad did the knee replacement but didn't finish is PT correctly and his leg was never the same...I saw him fight it the rest of his life...so I am an advocate of taking care of out bodies...(and not getting old) LOL

@krupalip I too lose weight if I don't eat carbs, but the slightedge is correct, when you eat them again it just comes back...maybe minimize and not complete go on a no carb plan...I love your get up and do it every day appoach! I hope you totally enjoy your visit to the US .

@blueimp I am not tracking Marcos right this minute...I have to get back on the wagon per say and I want to do that for 2 weeks straight then start tracking my marcos...then it's more of a habit...I am learning to replace old habits with new habits.

@gemwolf110 I totally love your never quit sign...I am stealing!! LOL

I think my internet is gone again...(it's my computer not my internet) I need a new one...someday...LOL

So I will be sending this as soon as I can get it up and running agian..(saving my post) LOL

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for letting everyone know I was having computer issues...I am proud of your back on track after a slight detour...

Cbabie

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I could only take the adult education when I wasn't working because the classes were during the day. :( BUT...I have access to online video tutorials via the library: lynda.com courses! So, I'll look at some of those, maybe sharpen my Photoshop skills. That site isn't mine, it's a google search for digital art journaling. I wish I could do it that well! :) I will attach an example of my digital journaling so you can see my level. I'm sorry you are having computer problems, I hope it gets worked out soon. I miss you!

Hi all. I'm going to my WW meeting this morning but I expect a giant gain (I weighed myself at home the other day and it was baaaad) but we'll see. I'm going to BodyPump this morning and then running some errands and then I might find something fun to do by myself. Who knows, maybe I'll meet a friend? The attached picture is an example of my digital journaling. I made it in Photoshop. It's of my friend and me.
    acvm7fvoa68s.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Rinse and repeat is correct. Have you tried meetup.com Groups with similar interests get together. It seems to be all over the country now. My friend used it when she moved to a new place. I would be in the oddball category too. Lol. There’s always a place for everyone. You just have to find it. I love your friend pic. I used to have fun creating web pages on a site. I could sit for a long time trying to get it to look just right. I don’t need to be sitting a long time. Lol. That’s not helping my body. So these days I sit and read. Still working on the move my body consistently thing each day. But I’ll get there.

Cbabie. Good for you for trying new habits. I quit tracking my macros because the good carbs like fruit lentils and beans were pushing them way out of bounds. Plus it just makes me want to eat more bread. This way has been working well. I think back to Granny and what she ate and I’m sure she wasnt counting macros. But as I always say different strokes......we all have to find what works for us and stick with it. It’s all about the habits
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :)

@krupalip, cutting carbs is hard but doable. I would start by replacing as many simple carbs as you can with more high fiber carbs. I eat a lot of eggs, chicken, fish, beans, ground turkey, Greek yogurt, Protein bars and shakes, and lots of veggies. I try to eat protein with every meal and snack.

@cbabie, Yayyy for your computer being back! I can't stand if something happens to my computer. I'm so attached to my technology it's a little embarrassing. :D

@trooworld, great pic of you and your friend!! I love what you have done. What a great way to create a memory! :)

So, I'm happy to report that my knee is much better. There is still a twinge from time to time but I think I'm on the mend. Hubby says I still can't exercise! :/ Yesterday, I cleaned out my make-up drawer, jewelry box, and part of my closet just to have something to do. I had make-up that was years old and a drawer full of bras that I don't wear. I buy new but never throw away. Why is that?? Today, I think I'm going to tackle the kitchen. There are things living in my fridge that probably should have seen a trashcan some time ago. It's time to purge!! :p

Yesterday, we went to the sweetest wedding! My pastor's oldest son had all but given up on love and then he met this woman on an online game site and after a year, she moved here to see if they had something real or not. Well, they do have something real and just precious! This girl doesn't have the best family and the only one who came to the wedding was her sister. But she is now part of the best family I know and and even bigger family with all of us at the church. I didn't eat much but I did have the best carrot cake cupcake! ;)
  • trooworld
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yes, I am a member of several meetups on there but often they want to do things that cots money and my budget won't allow that right now (we are trying to save for a house)...that's another problem I'm having, I can't spend any money so how am I supposed to make friends??? I'm glad I'm not the only oddball. ;) I can make webpages with WYSIWYG editors but not if I have to do the HTML myself. That is fun to do, I can see why you liked to do it. But reading is a lot of fun, I love to do that too.

@TeresaW1020 thank you! I'm glad your knee is better. Purging is good to do and with the change of the season, it's a perfect time! Aww, what a sweet love story...I wish the new couple the best! :D Yum to the carrot cake cupcake!

Hello all. I have an extra amount of work to do today because I have to make a spinach quiche today to take to work on Tuesday; Tuesday, we are celebrating the September birthdays (my birthday is in September) and the people that are celebrating bring the food. Since the other two people are bringing sweet stuff, I decided to bring something savory and semi-healthy. I'm making it with egg whites. I did schedule 2 salads this week, so that is pretty easy, I'm going to use bottled dressing rather than the suggested homemade dressing. I made the best dinner last night, beef bourguignon over mashed potatoes. Definitely not healthy, but a fun food meal. It was based on Julia Child's original recipe except this one was made in my Instant Pot! Instead of taking hours, it took about 45 minutes. Here's the rest of what is on the menu this week, along with links:

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork with Garlic Herb Carrots
    Roquefort Pear Salad + grilled chicken breasts
    3-Ingredient Mexican Shredded Chicken + pinto beans + ?
    Italian Sausage and White Beans with Sage (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
    The Ultimate Fruit, Cheese & Nut Salad + grilled chicken breasts

My recipe collection is now up to 5,285 recipes! So if you are looking for a good recipe and can't find one and want a recommendation, just ask me, I probably have it!!! ;)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    TeresaW1020. What a sweet wedding story. Those are the best. At least you are being productive during your exercise hiatus. I’m planning to be productive in that area come Jan 2019. For the next 3 months I’m going to work on my healthy habits trying to get them consistent. Yaaay on your knee

Trooworld. Have you thought of joining a Bookclub. It only cost you the price of a book unless you get it from the library. I remember once my friend telling me about a site or something for free things to do in every city. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Part of the problem too is time during the week. You don’t have a lot of extra time to meet up with friends. I did enjoy HTML actually. I need to get back in the habit of cooking new recipes for dinner.

I gained this week. 😖 plus I’ve had the “blues” for 3 days and the first thing to go is exercise. I escape by reading. So I’m still working on that. Each day I learn more and more how to fight my obstacles
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    WW weekly highlights

https://youtu.be/X7ZmFYL-jHc
  • krupalip
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry haven’t checked-in, good to read all the posts.

@theslightedgeforever I totally agree on the carbs, you give them up and once you start to eat them they strike hard, going to focus on eating clean and healthy. Just want to say thank you for giving me hope and courage to fight through my obstacles, I always think if you can do it why can’t I.

@TeresaW1020 thanks for the tips on the carbs, will follow that, I am still avoiding the shopping though, just petrified about not having lost enough weight for the clothes I would like to wear, need to overcome that fear I guess

@trooworld lovely digital journaling of the pic of you and holly, quite the artist you are, my hubby turned his hobby of sketching into a good business opportunity maybe one day you could do the same. What an awesome menu you have planned this week, I am so worried about eating healthy on my US trip, but will make smart choices.

@cbabie great to know that your computer troubles are over. It’s always good to hear from you.

Yesterday went for a family lunch, and my relatives kept saying just buy large size clothes because you will put on the weight back. That got me thinking, what new goals should I set for myself once I am back from the US and maybe prove people wrong by not putting on all the weight I have lost back

Ok gotta run, see ya girls have a nice day and week ahead