The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Good morning middles agers. I have 4 more days of hard work then I'm on vacation!!! Why do I only give myself a short time to get fit and diet before an event or vacation? Today I'm going to do an easier workout and perhaps go for a walk outside since it's sunny and spring-like and going to be +7C today!!!! Have a great one
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Morning all! Hope you have a great day! Weekend was a little overdone for me so time to get back on the tracks!!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good morning middles agers. I have 4 more days of hard work then I'm on vacation!!! Why do I only give myself a short time to get fit and diet before an event or vacation? Today I'm going to do an easier workout and perhaps go for a walk outside since it's sunny and spring-like and going to be +7C today!!!! Have a great one

I'm leaving for a holiday on Thursday as well. I think it's 25 hours travelling. But if it should be worth it.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Increasing my exercises this week aiming for a full on week also upping my calories, onwards and upwards.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • AliNouveau
    drmwc wrote: »

I'm leaving for a holiday on Thursday as well. I think it's 25 hours travelling. But if it should be worth it.

Yikes that's a long travel time. We have a 3 hour flight haha
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I have two flights of around 5 hours, with a 2 hour change; and then a 10 hour coach trip.
  • AliNouveau
    Ahhh I guess I shouldn't gripe that we'll have a 30 minute cab ride after we arrive
  • AliNouveau
    PSA.....be careful when using bacon grease to cook mushrooms. I have a nice burn on my right ring finger from some splatter. It doesn't pay to be clumsy 😂🤣
    Happy pancake Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, whatever you want to call it in making pancakes for dinner yay can't wait
  • onehottomatodmz
    onehottomatodmz Posts: 26 Member
    Hi, I’m new here and only a couple of weeks in. My first week I lost almost 10 pounds of which I know was water weight. I just weighed myself and I only lost .9 pound! I’m sticking to my diet, eating good foods and walking 5 miles a day every morning for excruciating. I didn’t expect to lose another 9 pounds but not even losing a whole pound was just depressing. Anyone else been through this? I only started to have a weight issue in my forties and because of this stopped working out altogether. I’m trying to get down a total of forty pounds. My thyroid has been checked and I have already gone through the change. Any help ladies who are in my age range??
  • onehottomatodmz
    onehottomatodmz Posts: 26 Member
    Also please add me
  • tgibsonFitness
    tgibsonFitness Posts: 3 Member
    I am back! I am learning about nutrition and using the myfitnesspal app is part of my training. I did use it in the past but found it too cumbersome and just didn't follow through. I am more motivated now, hopefully. I do need to lose lots of weight, unfortunately. Losing weight is a struggle for me. Being mindful and keeping a journal has helped me in the past. So if it works, work it! I look forward to reading your posts and sharing my progress using myfitnesspal.
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Tuesday all!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Oh a good day beat the rain to walk the dogs 2 miles then full cardio workout and just completed a yoga workout to sleep for supper a yummy pancake with fruit!
  • AliNouveau
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Oh a good day beat the rain to walk the dogs 2 miles then full cardio workout and just completed a yoga workout to sleep for supper a yummy pancake with fruit!

Sounds like a good day

I'm very excited for pancakes tonight and I'm making homemade sausage patties

I had an amazing skate today. I did our adult group class and we did a few newer exercises I ended up skating with the coach so we could have the ice to ourselves. Some days just seem to go so smoothly
  • AliNouveau
    Well I guess I can really indulge in pancakes since I was just asked to curl for someone tonight. Another 2 hours of exercise. Sure!
  • Hanna3831
    Hanna3831 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello middle-agers! It’s been a while since I’ve been on the community page. I think most of the people on my friends list are no longer active. Please add me!
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Well I guess I can really indulge in pancakes since I was just asked to curl for someone tonight. Another 2 hours of exercise. Sure!

So...how many pancakes does curling burn?? Might have to look into that game...
  • AliNouveau
    Today's game was a lot of sweeping and a lot of sweeping really fast rocks. I think mfp gives me about 450 calories as a burn so I'm guess that is several is cakes. Added to my 400 calories I burned skating I think I'm coming out ahead today