Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Options

Replies

• kmiller2350
    kmiller2350 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just found your group and you are exactly what I'm looking for. I started the year at 210.8 and my goal is to get down to 140. Is it too late to join?
  • kmiller2350
    kmiller2350 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1/1/20 210.8
    1/8/20 208.8
    1/15/20 207.4
    1/22/20 207.0
    1/29/20 205.4
    2/5/20 204.0
    2/12/20 202.6
    2/19/20 201.0

I'm 57, 5'3", and was always under 140, save for pregnancy. Turned 50, menopause hit, had a hysterectomy ... life happens. Found myself at 210 at the end of last year and flipped the switch in January. It's slow but steady. I've just about lost 10 pounds so far, and I'm really looking forward to getting into size 16 pants.
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jockette18 wrote: »
    Total January loss: 8

February Starting Weight: 211
    Feb. 8: 208
    Feb. 15: 207.5
    Feb. 22: 207.5
    Feb. 29:

Apparently February is just not my month because this is week 2 with no progress and I'm getting real sick of it. I'm at deficit. I'm pushing myself to do more and do better. And nothing. I guess I'm not hitting the weight I wanted before my Disney trip. Just get me out of the 200s. PLEASE.

Sarah, I know how you feel, i started Feb to add more exercise and lose more weight........ Well i added the exercise but the weight has remained the same the last 2 weigh ins.... Feel like giving in but will keep going and fingers crossed something will happen before the end of the month or it will be time for me to re look at my diet and change things up a bit.
    Good luck :)

It's hard to figure out what needs to change! My fiance sat down today to make a plan. He believes I need to eat more since in pushing more and thinks my body is holding on to everything through the extra work. So I'm gonna incorporate an additional 200-300 calories (I average 1500 daily) and change up my workouts! Gove my body some extra fuel and change! I give you all my good vibes that your scale moves down next week!! We just gotta keep on pushing on through it!!!

Go you... please keep us posted on how you go as this may be me next week if the scales dont move on Wed :(
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Total January loss:12 Lbs (finished weight 250)

Feb. 3: 248
    Feb. 10: 248
    Feb. 17: 245
    Feb. 24: 246

Total February loss: 4 lbs (finished weight 246)

A little disappointed with this past week. On Wednesday I weighed myself and I was at 242 - then I got tired and was not eating well and ended up +4 pounds. I did not think I was eating that much but I guess I was. I am back from vacation and while still not feeling great, I am feeling a little better. Hopefully this will allow me to get back on track. I still lost 4 lbs for the month so that is a positive.

On the NSV side of things - I had two full laundry baskets and I was able to piled one on top of the other and carry both up the basement stairs - without losing my breath or passing out.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    2/1-250.0
    2/7-248.2
    2/14-248.2
    2/21-248.2
  • OriginalPegs
    OriginalPegs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I'm looking to get back on track. I started at 281 around 4 years ago and got down to 148 last summer, but have regained and I'm currently around 200. I'm aiming to get healthier and strongest this year, along with the numbers on the scales going down.

Feel free to add me, so we can support each other! :)
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today's been physically hard with my fibro flaring, but it's all good, I'm down another pound. I'm losing a little faster than I had planned, which I'm good with but surprised by. Guess my body figured it out? (grin) We'll see, anyway

I have a doctor's appointment April 1 and that will be an opportunity to check my weight on their scale and, well, surprise my doctor. I didn't say I was going to try, I just went off and did it after the last visit. (grin) So now that's my short-term goal. I'd like to have a good impressive loss to show her when I go in.

I have a Dr's appointment April 2 and I had told my provider that I was going to lose twenty pounds by the next time I saw her. I can still do it but only if I don't falter.

If nothing goes wrong, my sister has committed to exercise with me, starting tomorrow morning. I ordered a new pair of walking shoes and should receive them any day. Seriously thinking about getting Beachbody on Demand. It looks like something I would enjoy.

I'm very proud of everyone! Keep going!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    CathyRocky wrote: »

I have a Dr's appointment April 2 and I had told my provider that I was going to lose twenty pounds by the next time I saw her. I can still do it but only if I don't falter.

If nothing goes wrong, my sister has committed to exercise with me, starting tomorrow morning. I ordered a new pair of walking shoes and should receive them any day. Seriously thinking about getting Beachbody on Demand. It looks like something I would enjoy.

I'm very proud of everyone! Keep going!

I intend to say that I'm working on it but I don't want to tell her that I have, after that, a "fifty pounds down" goal by July 1, or anything like that. I will ask her what, medically, they consider goal weight for my height, but other than that, I am kind of keeping it private. (Well, except for you all here!) This is my personal thing, and I'm kind of shy about just putting it out there. That, and sometimes my head gets balky, and if someone in authority wants something my head doesn't want to do it. So I'm attempting to avoid that altogether.

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome Angelexperiment, Kmiller and Originalpegs, your journey starts here. we welcome you and everything about you would like to share with us. We can do this....THIS YEAR.

Deborah
    Dianeauman
    bdashnay
    wsierwins3 I have kept all of you in my thoughts this week, wondering how the 1st week went for you. Feel free to come back and tell us how you did.

I know what it's like when the scale decides to play stalemate with you, You feel like throwing that scale where the sun doesn't shine, but hang in there, don't give up. It's only the second month, we are still in the trial and error stage, we CAN do this. We just need to stop one bad food habit at a time. Picture yourself going on a hike, or walking the beach ( whichever your into ), in order to get where your going, you need to take that first step, then another, and another, until you hit that rhythm.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    angeloup50 wrote: »
    Weigh in

1/31/20 217.6
    2/4/20.   216.0
    2/11/20.  215.0
    2/18/20   209.8
    2/25/20.  207.0

Over 10 lbs! Awesome!!!
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    angeloup50 wrote: »
    Weigh in

1/31/20 217.6
    2/4/20.   216.0
    2/11/20.  215.0
    2/18/20   209.8
    2/25/20.  207.0

Over 10 lbs! Awesome!!!

Thanks!! I'm pretty happy-- was actually up to 225 at the beginning of this year.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    I've been dealing with some rough stuff in my personal life, and as a result, haven't been logging, have been eating like crap, and hardly exercising. Thankfully things are getting back to normal. Hope everyone has a great week!

Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time! Hang in there!