• VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Weigh in day!
    Jan 30: 228.5
    Feb 6: 226.6
    Feb 13: 224.6
    Feb 20: 222.2
    Feb 27: 219.6
    Headed to a conference today, so I'm hoping for at least one workout opportunity and some healthy food options!
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Are new people welcome in this group? I hope so. I knew I needed to lose some weight and did lose and keep off 27 pounds a few years ago. Lost more than that but didn't gain it all back. I was diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease last week. Only treatment is to lose weight or eventually go into liver failure. So my motivation is high right now. I was also diagnosed with a case of gastritis from being on NAIDs for too long for arthritis and fibromyalgia. This means I am off pain meds and having trouble moving. Hopefully, as I lose weight the pain will decrease and I'll be able to exercise some.

Feb 20: 266
    Feb 27: 261.5
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Are new people welcome in this group? I hope so. I knew I needed to lose some weight and did lose and keep off 27 pounds a few years ago. Lost more than that but didn't gain it all back. I was diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease last week. Only treatment is to lose weight or eventually go into liver failure. So my motivation is high right now. I was also diagnosed with a case of gastritis from being on NAIDs for too long for arthritis and fibromyalgia. This means I am off pain meds and having trouble moving. Hopefully, as I lose weight the pain will decrease and I'll be able to exercise some.

Feb 20: 266
    Feb 27: 261.5

@charlottemilton - if you get a chance and have the resources check out DDPyoga and/or Totalgym. I use both and after a little pain getting going they have helped me move better. regular yoga has also been known to help. Welcome to the group. You can do this! We will help!
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome - hapamama & Charlotte, we are here for you whenever you need us. There are quite a few women here who have some awesome advise and helpful hints.

hapamama - I have a good feeling if your mind is into it right now, that you will be under 200 by May with room to spare.

Charlotte - I am in a yoga class and an exercise / balance class that our senior center offers and they are wonderful. I'm 58 and I'm the young pup in the class ( their showing me up actually ), but it's helping me work out at a slower rate.
  • KJR865
    KJR865 Posts: 31 Member
    January Starting Weight: 261.0
    Jan. 2: 261.0
    Jan. 9: 258.2
    Jan. 16: 256.2
    Jan. 23: 253.0
    Jan. 30: 252.2
    Total January loss: 8.8

February Starting Weight: 252.2
    Feb. 6: 252.6
    Feb. 13: 249.0
    Feb. 20: 247.6
    Feb. 27: 247.4
    Total February loss: 4.8

Total loss YTD: 13.6

Started the week off lower but have had salty foods a lot this week and not as much exercise. Still happy with results overall.
  • kmiller2350
    kmiller2350 Posts: 43 Member
    Thank you, eppen5. I've been hovering just over 200 pounds for over a week. REALLY hoping to get to Onederland this weekend. A reward of some sort will be in order. Like you, I've been averaging about 1 pound/week. Somewhat discouraging, but every pound lost gets a fist pump when I'm on the scale!
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Every day we begin again! Glad you're here :)
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Good for you! Isn't it nice to feel seen?
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    @FatimaStartsAllOver one day at a time! Set backs will happen! So long as you keep on keeping on!!!
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Total January loss: 8

February Starting Weight: 211
    Feb. 8: 208
    Feb. 15: 207.5
    Feb. 22: 207.5
    Feb. 29: 203 (just barely its 203.9 lol)

Total February Loss: 5

Wow what a tough month. Lol. My body just didn't want to move in weight and it was infuriating. Then I woke up one morning and my pants had to be held up all day. lol. 5 a month is RIGHT where I want to be at for losing. So I'm very happy.

Today I finally got new Jean's and I'm down to a 16. I've been so anxious to get here since I havent been in a size 16 in so long. Getting to an 18 was depressing for me because that was the highest I had ever been. I got all the way dow. To a 10 before my knee injury 4 years ago. So watching myself get to an 18 hurt. But here I am. And theres more progress to be had!!!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Jan. No lbs loss.
    Feb-2.2 lbs lost
    I seem to be stuck in a stay still.
    Gonna have to shake things up. Plus shag this cough I've had for the past 3 wks.
  • shalisa7
    shalisa7 Posts: 55 Member
    I did it!!! 199.2 this morning!

That's fantastic
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    I did it!!! 199.2 this morning!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! That's a huge deal! Be extra nice to yourself today.
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2020
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Jan. No lbs loss.
    Feb-2.2 lbs lost
    I seem to be stuck in a stay still.
    Gonna have to shake things up. Plus shag this cough I've had for the past 3 wks.

Hi Stella7x7. I had The Cough for all of January. It was so bad I think I sprained my ribs from coughing. What finally helped me was flonase. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, just passing along what worked for me. The cough is terrible!