What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    The siamese we had when I was a kid would go after popcorn -- again, likely the salt.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    The siamese we had when I was a kid would go after popcorn -- again, likely the salt.

My two kits seem to be okay sodium-wise, then. In fact, they won't go after my food at all, even if it's chicken, and I've left my plate to refuel on tea. And only one of them is interested in catnip .... but she's really interested!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Olives- meh? Black ones are good?

Chips- meh? I don't really care for them except as dip transmitters. But even then, there's jicama or celery that work just as well and doesn't make me feel greasy after.

Okra- I can't. I just. Nope.

Sushi- delicious. Sashimi- even better.

Kimchi- so good.

unpopular opinion: pancakes are just carriers for butter and syrup, and are otherwise just fluffy carb sponges. But I'll grant that they look dang pretty.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Citrus and chocolate do not belong together.

false.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options

My last batch of cats were mostly uninterested in people food, but if I walked away from a glass of V-8 juice, there'd be a cat head jammed in the top, lapping away.

Pretty sure it was the salt . . . unless it reminded them of drinking blood? 😬
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Olives are GOOD. What are you guys on??

RIGHT?? A good friend of mine just admitted to me that she hates olives.
    Now I need new friends....

I vividly remember the first time I tasted an olive. I was about 10 and in my babysitter's kitchen. I tasted one and it literally brought me to my knees as I looked around desperately for something into which i could spit it out. Beyond nasty. I'm shuddering thinking about it.
  • pancakerunner
    Options

I vividly remember the first time I tasted an olive. I was about 10 and in my babysitter's kitchen. I tasted one and it literally brought me to my knees as I looked around desperately for something into which i could spit it out. Beyond nasty. I'm shuddering thinking about it.

Green olives. Good. Black olives. meh.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

I'm the opposite. Black olives. Good. Green olives. meh.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I used to have an obsession with green olives as a kid. I then ate a whole jar once and got food poisoning and then couldn't eat them for like 10 years. Even thinking of them made me nauseous. But a few years ago, they all of a sudden sounded good again, so I started eating them lol.

I LOVE olives on pizza. Nothing like a pepperoni pizza with green or black olives, yum.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I used to have an obsession with green olives as a kid. I then ate a whole jar once and got food poisoning and then couldn't eat them for like 10 years. Even thinking of them made me nauseous. But a few years ago, they all of a sudden sounded good again, so I started eating them lol.

I LOVE olives on pizza. Nothing like a pepperoni pizza with green or black olives, yum.

AND NACHOS

f9jchmdqf8a4.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options

I'm the opposite. Black olives. Good. Green olives. meh.

I finally tried green olives and...agreed.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup on pancakes is a waste of calories.

😂 pancakes are a medium for my maple- but I get sugar free Walden Farms Lol...
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Maple syrup on pancakes is a waste of calories.

😂 pancakes are a medium for my maple- but I get sugar free Walden Farms Lol...

om...@pancakerunner - I'm the same...I don't like maple syrup on pancakes either...thought I was the only person out there...
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie is the only good pie.....unless it’s pumpkin cheesecake pie
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love miracle whip, I have had miracle whip sandwiches. ..yup, just miracle whip and bread.

And, I hate white chocolate
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    eahrenee wrote: »
    I love miracle whip, I have had miracle whip sandwiches. ..yup, just miracle whip and bread.

And, I hate white chocolate

om...I think I just threw up a little...🤣
    but then I read about your hate on white chocolate...that just means there's more for me then😋
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options

Have you ever had dark chocolate orange or raspberry sticks?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »

My two kits seem to be okay sodium-wise, then. In fact, they won't go after my food at all, even if it's chicken, and I've left my plate to refuel on tea. And only one of them is interested in catnip .... but she's really interested!

I made the mistake of giving my kittens the water from canned tuna and chicken, they love it and it's split between two every couple days so I figure it's ok. Neither is interested in catnip though which is annoying is I have a plant outside in my herb garden. I feed two feral cats and bust one rolling around in the pot all the time.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Have you ever had dark chocolate orange or raspberry sticks?

Yes. Dark chocolate orange is gross in my opinion. I really don't think those two flavors go well together.
    Raspberries are not citrus...I like chocolate and berries together.