The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I am back on MFP after a hiatus but what's new this time is I am getting sober. I am 7 days sober today and 7 days into my new lifestyle of healthy choices.

A little about me. I am 38 years old, no children except a fur baby kitty. I live in Cleveland Ohio. I am a big sports fan, reality TV junkie and aspiring runner. I need to find my identity a little without alcohol. I was off work for 6 months and started drinking earlier and earlier in the day to the point I was drinking 4 or more bottles of wine a day. After 7 days I can say I feel wonderful but I know the cravings will come. I hope I can find ways to cope and get through successfully. Hopefully you will welcome me to your lovely group :smile:

Welcome to our little group! Check in often and let us know how you're doing.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I am back on MFP after a hiatus but what's new this time is I am getting sober. I am 7 days sober today and 7 days into my new lifestyle of healthy choices.

A little about me. I am 38 years old, no children except a fur baby kitty. I live in Cleveland Ohio. I am a big sports fan, reality TV junkie and aspiring runner. I need to find my identity a little without alcohol. I was off work for 6 months and started drinking earlier and earlier in the day to the point I was drinking 4 or more bottles of wine a day. After 7 days I can say I feel wonderful but I know the cravings will come. I hope I can find ways to cope and get through successfully. Hopefully you will welcome me to your lovely group :smile:

Welcome 🤗
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all💗 6:41 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome @KristenNagle1 Congrats on Day 7 !!

YAY @JenT304 Sounds like your plan is a good one...I need to get on the Food bandwagon again...I was doing so good for a month, logging every day and then Boom!! Anyhoo, I will get it together on Monday...the infamous "Monday" LOL

YAY @RubyRed427 on the drinking-none!!

YAY @whitpauly on another 24!!

I'm thinking there was someone else new here on the last page, but if I go back to check, I'll lose my post...so whoever you are WELCOME!!

We have been blasted in the past two days with a huge crapload of snow...we got 54 cm (almost 2 ft) in one 24 hour period and I'm not sure how much we got the day before that, but my car was buried. Most of our roads in the neighboring 2 counties were closed & at one point they even took the snow plows off the roads...Everything was shut down yesterday. I had 2 snow days at home. I think these are the first snow days for me this season. This winter has actually been great for being able to get to work each day and the forecast for the worst winter ever never came to be...BUT we made up for it in just the past 2 days...

Nice to see that everyone is continuing to hang in & hang on <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Congratulations on all the hard work here! Me, too!

Hi there <3

@wwwtheselion11 Welcome :) and @NArunner too!!

@domimfp You have such a good attitude...and your compassion for the "misguided but ultimately good souls" shows that!! I'm sure these kids have a back story that contributed to their situation and some bad decisions have sealed their fate at such a young age. What a shame...so sad!!

PS...no apologies about long posts please...I am likely one of the wordiest birds on here and I am NOT apologizing so STOP it, K? Please...Y'all gotta say what ya gotta say when ya gotta say it and there is no apologies for that!! <3
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Welcome @KristenNagle1 Congrats on Day 7 !!

YAY @JenT304 Sounds like your plan is a good one...I need to get on the Food bandwagon again...I was doing so good for a month, logging every day and then Boom!! Anyhoo, I will get it together on Monday...the infamous "Monday" LOL

YAY @RubyRed427 on the drinking-none!!

YAY @whitpauly on another 24!!

I'm thinking there was someone else new here on the last page, but if I go back to check, I'll lose my post...so whoever you are WELCOME!!

We have been blasted in the past two days with a huge crapload of snow...we got 54 cm (almost 2 ft) in one 24 hour period and I'm not sure how much we got the day before that, but my car was buried. Most of our roads in the neighboring 2 counties were closed & at one point they even took the snow plows off the roads...Everything was shut down yesterday. I had 2 snow days at home. I think these are the first snow days for me this season. This winter has actually been great for being able to get to work each day and the forecast for the worst winter ever never came to be...BUT we made up for it in just the past 2 days...

Nice to see that everyone is continuing to hang in & hang on <3

Wow. We got that in November. Some more minor stuff since overall. Been fairly quiet lately. Hope it stays that way.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options

Welcome!!
  • tivw57
    tivw57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick responses! I’ve never been a real beer drinker either. Literally maybe 2–3 a year. I’m just yearning for something flavorful, refreshing, and not sweet. If there were no negative psychological consequences a NA beer would seem to be a good solution. I definitely don’t want to jeopardize this lovely AF roll I’m on.
    Hello - I started to make fruit teas at home, if interested, let me know