March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    poor old girl got in a fight with speed demon while i was out teaching yoga. thankfully, speed demon is ok. old girl got her butt handed to her. Speed Demon would rather walk away from a fight but if you corner her, she will finish the fight. no vet needed but old girl will not be joining us for any short runs. speed demon and i might go out tonight. or just me. it's supposed to rain

I was extremely confused at first but I'm assuming this is about two dogs now.
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad your older dog is okay.
    If I were you, I would keep them separated when not supervised. Maybe like block one in one part of the house, and the other in a different part of the house. Fights can easily get nasty, and if no one was home, you have no idea what triggered it. I would hate to see the older dog get seriously injured.

likely not necessary. they've lived together for 2 years with barely a squabble. the good new was the foster dog was in his crate. someone just had a bad day.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Camaramandy648 After the Marathon, you'll get one of these. Turns car into a Rolls Royce...
    59bxt4ym2ob7.jpg

Or one like mine:
    bb8js4xr1xi8.jpg

Haha, I like yours better!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 After the Marathon, you'll get one of these. Turns car into a Rolls Royce...
    59bxt4ym2ob7.jpg

Or one like mine:
    bb8js4xr1xi8.jpg

Haha, I like yours better!

I got that after I ran over 27 miles in a Marathon. I straight up earned it, I guess! :smiley:
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I have a 13.7-I got lost sticker in my collection. It’s extra humorous because it’s 100% the truth. I have gotten lost in every race I have ever run. Even the ones with like 1 turn. It’s a gift.

@Duck_Puddle you need to join me at my race next weekend at the Sandlot Marathon (or half marathon). You can't get lost, just keep the pitcher's mound on your left!

Finally caught up after mostly reading nearly 300 posts!!!

@hamsterwheel6 congrats on your AG 1st, you rockstar!
    @LoveyChar that race looks great!
    @Camaramandy648 ... 1)what a wonderful birthday from your kids! 2) Night trail runs kick *kitten*! 3) I enjoy evening runs and running in the dark, so Saturday is my pick. What about after church on Sunday though?
    @PastorVincent training for a 50K vs. 50M is not much different. You can't scale the training linearly or you'll wear out and possibly injured. For me, all the mid-week and most weekend runs are the same. The difference is working in more back to back long runs for a couple of the weekends, such as a 20M saturday and a 16M Sunday. I also include more strength work and stair work for 50M.

Glasses vs. Contacts - I much prefer running in contacts because I hate running in my prescription glasses. Weird thing though, when I wear contacts, it doesn't bother me a bit to wear sunglasses. The bad thing about wearing contacts is that I need readers so it can be tough to read my Garmin.

I'll save my donut run report until I have more time.

Tuesday Kody & I were out for 8 miles and found some interesting items. The first was a woman's wallet. No money or anything particularly valuable but her driver's license was in it. I found a phone number online and reached a relative who said she'd pass on my number to the gal, but so far I've heard nothing. I'll call one more time then give up trying to get it back to her.

The other item I found...well I guess I really could have gotten a runner's high...
    u8ays28wsq7e.jpg

What is that?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,012 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I didn't realize the Sandlot Marathon was next weekend. Good luck with that. Interesting items you found during your run.

@Camaramandy648 Hope you are able to get more sleep now.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    March goal: get back to running 2-3 days per week. 5K in April.

3/3 - Ran 1.76 miles (total run: 1.76 miles)
    3/4 - Walk 3.3 miles (total walk: 3.3 miles)
    3/5 - Ran 1.8 miles (total run: 3.56 miles)

Lately I have found the guided runs on my Nike App. They have been really helpful for this solo runner, used the "I Don't Wanna Run Run" and "Easy Run". I start my Garmin and the app (with the Spotify playlist suggested) & next thing I know, I'm almost at the end!

My problem now is, on the Nike App, I get 2 different entries. Like, for this morning, the Garmin entry says 1.80 miles, 14;15 pace & 25:47 total, but Nike says 1.81 miles, 13:47 pace, 25:00 total. Which one should I keep? (Strava says 1.80, 14:16, 25:47) On the MFP app I delete the one that says "running in place" as they both have the same calories, so it doesn't matter as much which platform, and I know the total milage is pretty much the same, but for pace, I want to be as close to what I really am. Garmin/Strava? Nike?

My Nike app usually has less than my Garmin. So my Garmin will end at 3.5 and Nike will say 3.49. I only use Nike to track my shoe milage so I go by Garmin numbers for distance. Maybe someday I'll add shoes to garmin and ditch Nike (but I got my last new pair in December and put them in Nike because all my shoes are there. HAHAHA)
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @LoveyChar that is a pipe, lol. You put weed it in and smoke it.

That bowl, however, is empty so @7lenny7 is sol.

I say this as a COMPLETELY CLEAN AND SOBER person. My experience with pipes such as those ended long, long, long ago.

Oh...well thanks. LMAO! I wondered why he was getting a runner's high from a broken hairbrush or was he hallucinating or what?!? Gotcha!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent training for a 50K vs. 50M is not much different. You can't scale the training linearly or you'll wear out and possibly injured. For me, all the mid-week and most weekend runs are the same. The difference is working in more back to back long runs for a couple of the weekends, such as a 20M saturday and a 16M Sunday. I also include more strength work and stair work for 50M.

@7lenny7 is your name by chance Mr. Brownstone? ;)
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the insight about what day(s) to do the long-run on. There are so many things that I can't sacrifice: Madison's social skills classes, time with my son, church, and running. It's just going to be a matter of getting it done, one way or the other.