What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Going to have to watch this again soon...

n4h6fpdu4xig.jpeg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    The selfie thread is hot today

and its not even Friday
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

and its not even Friday

I know!! I can't even..

xssm09ns5iv4.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=4723874
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    4o90q9zgm0zo.jpg

3t22b2g7xw6p.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Does mustard ever expire? I mean the expiration date is there as a "best by" kinda suggestion... but does it really expire?

I heard no.
    I heard on a tv show that if mustard is old and dried up you can add a little water to it and it is perfectly edible.

*I DON’T KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE
    Does mustard ever expire? I mean the expiration date is there as a "best by" kinda suggestion... but does it really expire?

"Although mustards will eventually go bad, most mustard will last for 2-3 years beyond their "best by date", but that's not the only indication of freshness. The shelf life of mustard depends on the best before (best-by) date, the storage method, and any existence of added ingredients."

Got a sandwich, needed more mustard... but the 2 bottles in the fridge are "expired" with the best by dates being from 2015 and 2016.
    Was wondering if that was even any good anymore... I know some things are ok past their expiration date... but that many years??? :#:#

Try it. YOLO. and if it's bad and kills you... Well, at least it was a good sammich. Haha
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited March 2020
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    My daughter is going to hate me. Took all the marshmallows out of the lucky charms. As I said before... I'm 38 going on 12💁‍♀️

xtumbh2lh087.jpg

Thats just genius - Canada lucky to have you T 😉

I think you can actually buy a bag of just the marshmallows. That way you don't have to hunt for them.

Unless the hunting and sorting negates their calories... Then it's worth it. Haha

Eta... Yep!
    https://www.amazon.ca/Medley-Hills-Farm-Cereal-Marshmallows/dp/B00WXZJTS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?gclid=CjwKCAiA44LzBRB-EiwA-jJipJlMEnqBZ_qd8LBQXutqKRi6sBReQtKrYsTXJLpyXtzZh36-8Z-HiBoCVUEQAvD_BwE&hvadid=230133891061&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9060816&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10047976553812437778&hvtargid=kwd-31675830311&keywords=lucky+charms+marshmallows+only&qid=1583448013&sr=8-3
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    tzq418h1zbdr.jpg
    this is true...so I ask myself why some people treat themselves like trashy people, and objects? we are not objects or jokes...how do these people even sleep at night or feel good about themselves?

They don't, hence why they treat themselves like garbage or assume everyone sees them as something to be objectified.

Oof, you can disagree with me all ya' want, but I speak from experience. You don't treat yourself like trash unless you feel that way about yourself. If you can't love yourself, you can't expect nor believe when others DON'T treat you that way.

I think that "treat themselves like trash" is a very subjective statement, and entirely derived by the person judging their actions.

Some people may feel that a person who has multiple partners is trashy - when to that person it's a conscious choice to enjoy their company and comes from a place of strong confidence in what they want.

Other people may enjoy a lot of junk food, and others may say that not eating clean means you don't value your body.

I do agree that if a person truly feels they have no value, then they will not expect others to value them, and they are less likely to act in ways that reflect their inherent value...

But I think one needs to be very careful when trying to assign / label another's persons actions based on a third partie's value system.

All that aside... I do not see what this trail of comments has to do with the original quote. And kind of feel Ike it's hurtful to the poster.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    If you put wings on a top fuel dragster would it fly?
    What would keep it from going airborne?
    I realize that it would be uncontrolled but it would take to the air wouldn’t it?
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options
    tzq418h1zbdr.jpg
    this is true...so I ask myself why some people treat themselves like trashy people, and objects? we are not objects or jokes...how do these people even sleep at night or feel good about themselves?

They don't, hence why they treat themselves like garbage or assume everyone sees them as something to be objectified.

Oof, you can disagree with me all ya' want, but I speak from experience. You don't treat yourself like trash unless you feel that way about yourself. If you can't love yourself, you can't expect nor believe when others DON'T treat you that way.

I think that "treat themselves like trash" is a very subjective statement, and entirely derived by the person judging their actions.

Some people may feel that a person who has multiple partners is trashy - when to that person it's a conscious choice to enjoy their company and comes from a place of strong confidence in what they want.

Other people may enjoy a lot of junk food, and others may say that not eating clean means you don't value your body.

I do agree that if a person truly feels they have no value, then they will not expect others to value them, and they are less likely to act in ways that reflect their inherent value...

But I think one needs to be very careful when trying to assign / label another's persons actions based on a third partie's value system.

All that aside... I do not see what this trail of comments has to do with the original quote. And kind of feel Ike it's hurtful to the poster.

I don't understand the trail of comments to my post either. It has nothing to do with it.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    4o90q9zgm0zo.jpg

3t22b2g7xw6p.gif

Wow - that’s interesting for sure
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    4o90q9zgm0zo.jpg

3t22b2g7xw6p.gif

Makes you wonder what he could do with charlotte’s web
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    tzq418h1zbdr.jpg

I wasn't talking about assigning the actions of others toward oneself. I was talking about a person literally seeing themselves as "trash" or "garbage" based on extremely low self-esteem. Those people usually do not assign negative intentions to other people, but have a rather hard time believing the genuine feelings and words of others because their own perception and self-worth is so damaged.

Also, welcome to Chit-Chat. Side rails are pretty common here.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    tzq418h1zbdr.jpg

I wasn't talking about assigning the actions of others toward oneself. I was talking about a person literally seeing themselves as "trash" or "garbage" based on extremely low self-esteem. Those people usually do not assign negative intentions to other people, but have a rather hard time believing the genuine feelings and words of others because their own perception and self-worth is so damaged.

Also, welcome to Chit-Chat. Side rails are pretty common here.

Oh, I am well acquainted with chit chat (not my first incarnation here). Usually there is SOME kind of relevance to the OP. I didn't see any, and wondered whether what the correlation (however small) could be, or if the quote on her post was accidental.

When I first read your response, my instant reaction was "is she talking about the OP?" because I felt like the op was sharing something very emotionally profound. I got defensive on her behalf because she has seemed nothing short of amazing, and is someone dealing with serious tar in her life, and handling it admirably (inspirationally).

If there is no correlation, that is good to know and I appreciate the clarification.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm going to California tomorrow and I'm realizing that I haven't been on a plane in 14 years. 😅 🤞fingers crossed that I get any amount of sleep.

Wow - 14 years ?!!

There were times when I would have just walked off an airplane, on my way out of the airport, on a Friday night, and I'd receive a voicemail that I was needed in Seattle the following Tuesday.

For me, 14 days would have been a stretch.
    Thankfully those days are past and I'm now only traveling every few weeks (or months).

The glamour of business travel wears off after about 20 minutes into the trip.

• _Miss_chievous_
    edited March 2020
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    My daughter is going to hate me. Took all the marshmallows out of the lucky charms. As I said before... I'm 38 going on 12💁‍♀️

xtumbh2lh087.jpg

Thats just genius - Canada lucky to have you T 😉

I think you can actually buy a bag of just the marshmallows. That way you don't have to hunt for them.

Unless the hunting and sorting negates their calories... Then it's worth it. Haha

Eta... Yep!
    https://www.amazon.ca/Medley-Hills-Farm-Cereal-Marshmallows/dp/B00WXZJTS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?gclid=CjwKCAiA44LzBRB-EiwA-jJipJlMEnqBZ_qd8LBQXutqKRi6sBReQtKrYsTXJLpyXtzZh36-8Z-HiBoCVUEQAvD_BwE&hvadid=230133891061&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9060816&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10047976553812437778&hvtargid=kwd-31675830311&keywords=lucky+charms+marshmallows+only&qid=1583448013&sr=8-3

Oh my.. that would have saved me alot of time 😅🤣 I haven't been working for the last 6 months so I guess it kinda killed a bit of time for me this morning 😆