March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Terrific race, for you and your son! Congratulations to you both 🎉👏
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 Very nice! And congratulations to your son ❤️!

Definitely! Well done! Splish splash!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I am enjoying living vicariously through all of you and your runs!

I got the call yesterday from the doctor re my MRI results – he left a long message. Short version – stress fracture due to “bone insufficiency” in my femur. Will heal in 8 weeks and need to get another bone density scan. I almost feel like he called the wrong person. But I meet with him on Tuesday where I will confirm it all. I do have osteopenia but my scan a year ago showed it had slowed down and I am being really consistent with vitamin D with K, and focusing on weight bearing exercises yada yada.

So….I want to heal properly, prevent future issues and not gain back on my 18 pounds of hard earned weight loss. All without running. A helluva challenge. That will be the focus of my convo on Tuesday. Until then, I guess its slow walking, maybe cycling, maybe elliptical. And a vodka soda with extra lime ! Cheers to the weekend y’all 🍸

I am guessing that they will be canceling the CAP 10K race here in ATX since they just cancelled SXSW. Hopefully just a postponement. I really hope that they don't cancel UT Austin Graduation in May. That will bum me out.

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/3 -Strength training/cycle
    3/4 – Cardio Medley – Rower,Stairstepper,Bike,Elliptical
    3/5 – 6 mile walk
    3/6 – Strength/PT circuit, cycle
    3/7 – 2.7 mile walk/ Power Yoga

Oh my! I was not expecting stress fracture from what you described. Hopefully he can give you ideas on how to stay active safely. Lots of prayers headed in your direction!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,074 Member
    Options

I got the call yesterday from the doctor re my MRI results – he left a long message. Short version – stress fracture due to “bone insufficiency” in my femur. Will heal in 8 weeks and need to get another bone density scan. I almost feel like he called the wrong person. But I meet with him on Tuesday where I will confirm it all. I do have osteopenia but my scan a year ago showed it had slowed down and I am being really consistent with vitamin D with K, and focusing on weight bearing exercises yada yada.

So….I want to heal properly, prevent future issues and not gain back on my 18 pounds of hard earned weight loss. All without running. A helluva challenge. That will be the focus of my convo on Tuesday. Until then, I guess its slow walking, maybe cycling, maybe elliptical. And a vodka soda with extra lime ! Cheers to the weekend y’all 🍸

I am guessing that they will be canceling the CAP 10K race here in ATX since they just cancelled SXSW. Hopefully just a postponement. I really hope that they don't cancel UT Austin Graduation in May. That will bum me out.

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/5 – 6 mile walk

Oh my! I was not expecting stress fracture from what you described. Hopefully he can give you ideas on how to stay active safely. Lots of prayers headed in your direction!

^^^ This! Hope it heals quickly and you can find some sort of exercise you are able to do until it does.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @katarina005 You are not a failure! You did half a mile and that is half a mile more than sitting on the couch. You gave it a go and hopefully will have more energy tomorrow.

Seriously. We all have those days. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo You work two jobs, play tennis, travel and run! Maybe it's just that, probably, and hopefully you're not getting sick. Take a breather...good movies and throw your kicks up.

Yeah, you probably just need a break. :) It is hard to sleep well when you are pushing yourself too hard, paradoxly.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/5 – 6 mile walk

^^^ This! Hope it heals quickly and you can find some sort of exercise you are able to do until it does.

Gosh, that’s probably not what you hoped to hear from the doctor! Hope it heals quickly and well, log those calories and you should be able to keep the weight off. I actually lost more when injured last year since I wasn’t eating a lot after long runs.

So, what does a stress fracture in the femur feel like? Any idea what you were doing right before it started? It’s always good to hear other people’s experiences so I have more of an idea of what to watch out for.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/5 – 6 mile walk

Hey that is good news, good good news!!! You have a diagnosis, you have a time frame for healing, and you have a plan to facilitate that process!!! Woohoo, and you have a good attitude so good for you! Vicariously, please do live through us until you no longer have to! And enjoy that drink and your weekend, lady ❤️!

Adding: Maybe I interpreted this wrong. I hope I didn't; but if I did, I'm sorry. I hope you heal nicely and get back to working towards your goals. I think you are a very nice lady and I hope great things for you.

Ridiculous, Austin businesses are losing out on so much revenue! And people are losing out on a good time! I hope they don't cancel the race, postponement...uhhhhh...
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »

Final pace: 9:40. I beat the calculator by one whole second, lol.

Those race calculators are usually very optimistic, so the fact you beat it is AWESOME! Well done!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,074 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @7lenny7 I hope Kody is okay. Keep us posted.

Great race and time @durhammfp ! I love that what you "heard" the announcer say helped you sprint to the finish and that the lady was so nice. Congratulations.