Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Okay - as a male cyclist (i.e. road riding in a pack at 35mph) I do wear spandex shorts and the jersey - sometimes of my favorite team (T-Mobile, Rabbobank et al) and sometimes just blank stuff. The wife hates it and would rather me wear regular shorts. Honestly I cannot wear regular shorts as chafing occurs and the boys don't do well after 15 min of riding.

what are others thoughts? I see women in kit and think nothing of it. I see men in kit and think nothing of it,,, what do you think of it?

I honestly don't think anything of it.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Guys:

What are you really thinking if a girl flirts with you? Do you assume its on if you flirt back or do you consider the possibility that she’s just a flirt?

If a guy flirts with me, I don’t even bat an eye because i assume I’m one of a thousand girls he flirts with, but on the flip side, I’m really reluctant to flirt with guys just for the fun of it. I’m worried it’ll be misconstrued as more than it is
  • TorqueMonster1972
    TorqueMonster1972 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Guys - do you want us to pick the restaurant, or do you really mean "whatever you want."

If we don't have a place in mind - seriously the only thing that matters is that you are happy with the choice. If you say Apple'Bees we will wince but still go because we care about your thoughts. or at least that is me
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Ladies...

Regular socks with shorts, okay... Or do they have to be the low kind that you can't see?

Knee socks with everything. Especially short shorts.

Socks with slides? Yes or no?

I was going to say rainbow toe socks, but I can't make myself do it... no socks with slides. Or sandals.

Ladies: Would you love men to get pedicures more often/at all?

YES PLEASE. IDC if it's once a freaking year..... There are some nasty feet out there that desperately need some help.
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Guys - do you want us to pick the restaurant, or do you really mean "whatever you want."

I’m pretty laid back to where im happy for you to the restaurant, the cuisine, etc. However, if I look it up in Yelp and it has 2 stars, I may bring that up and suggest trying someplace similar but new.
  • tinak33
    Options
    Okay - as a male cyclist (i.e. road riding in a pack at 35mph) I do wear spandex shorts and the jersey - sometimes of my favorite team (T-Mobile, Rabbobank et al) and sometimes just blank stuff. The wife hates it and would rather me wear regular shorts. Honestly I cannot wear regular shorts as chafing occurs and the boys don't do well after 15 min of riding.

what are others thoughts? I see women in kit and think nothing of it. I see men in kit and think nothing of it,,, what do you think of it?

I don't really think anything of it. The clothes make sense for the activity.
  • TorqueMonster1972
    TorqueMonster1972 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Guys:

What are you really thinking if a girl flirts with you? Do you assume its on if you flirt back or do you consider the possibility that she’s just a flirt?

If a guy flirts with me, I don’t even bat an eye because i assume I’m one of a thousand girls he flirts with, but on the flip side, I’m really reluctant to flirt with guys just for the fun of it. I’m worried it’ll be misconstrued as more than it is

I put my things down, lower my eyes to the ground, and walk backwards from where i came slowly so as not to startle her..... Sexual Harassment suit - I do not like it at all and it is very dangerous as a man. Flirting can so easily cross a line from harmless fun to - WTF are you saying
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Guys:

Honestly, I’m oblivious to when Someone is flirting with me. Unless it’s really overt, like “wanna grab a drink later” I usually don’t realize I’m being flirted with.

You make a very good point about your flirtation being potentially misconstrued though. I’ve seen countless times where a woman isn’t even flirting, just being nice, and guys take that as the go ahead for a full court press bordering on sexual harassment... then if it’s not reciprocated they consider the woman a prude or a tease.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Guys:

doesn't matter. i say go for it either way. gotta swing if you want the home run etc etc. and no harm no foul if she's not interested, or if she's just a natural flirt- just say good day and move on once you realize it
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Why do you ladies always have to claim my favorite sweatshirts as your own?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »

Because you wear your favorite the most often, so that one is the most comfortable and smells the most like you. Also, because I enjoy breaking into your house and raiding for sweatshirts.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Have you ever tried to wear a ladies sweatshirt? Exactly, because they’re not as comfortable 😌
  • tinak33
    Options

Cuz you wear them the most. So they smells like you. And prob super comfy, too.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Cuz they feel like jammies...and smell like you.
  • wmd1979
    Options

Because you wear your favorite the most often, so that one is the most comfortable and smells the most like you. Also, because I enjoy breaking into your house and raiding for sweatshirts.

No wonder they are never where I left them.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Dudes:

Do long/well-manicured fingernails do anything for y'all, or is this something we're doing for ourselves only?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Dudes:

Do long/well-manicured fingernails do anything for y'all, or is this something we're doing for ourselves only?

Long - No.

Well-manicured - Yes.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

There is a trick to this - the whole guess where I’m taking deal - ... however I’m not picky at all and so I’ll go wherewver really - if she’s having a hard time deciding I usually just want the food in my belly so I’ll suggest some places and see if she bites if still nothing go to the first place i can think of if she’s not cool with it they will make up their mind by then - in my experience
  • wmd1979
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    Dudes:

Long - No

Well-manicured - Yes.

Long can be dangerous.