Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Took a visually impaired friend to a doctor appointment and had 5 piano students. There was a vibration in my piano that drove my student that is on the spectrum nuts. Therefore he drove me nuts with his trying to find where it was coming from. Short drive to nuts for me! My rubber band is stretched pretty far.

I.try to sing repetitive songs to numb my brain to help fall asleep. Nick knack paddy whack is my favorite. Find a boring song with lots of verses. Maybe it will help.

Waves to all.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    szrela5jueb3.jpeg

I don’t know if that pic will show up...I don’t know if anyone here is/knows a Star Wars fan...Scentsy is releasing “The Child (aka Baby Yoda) pre orders start tomorrow....it’s $5 for pre order $45 +t&s total...you can do pre order yourself on my site...or, I’ll be happy to help...Thank you all

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/11900328/Kelly’s Spring Fling

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,860 Member
    Options

It's WEDNESDAY! March 11, 2020

Wow, that means we get a Friday the 13th this week. I AM superstitious. A lot of theatre people are, though. 😳

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

avoiding the scale for a few days.....
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

It is Wednesday, but it's my work Friday. I head for Gatlinburg in the morning. Probably will have time to log in, but not to comment. I'll play catchup when I get back to work and need a break in my day.

Best wishes to all for a fabulous end to the week.

SW 222
    CW 185.4
    GW 145
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. I had PT this morning before work and I believe it really helped. I hope anyone else struggle with discomfort finds a quick fix. The meds help too, of course.

I forgot to weigh this morning until after I had dressed. So I weighed with clothes on. Will log it and not worry about the "increase." I might have already had coffee by then, too. Oops.

I hope everyone has a really good day.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

NSV got a pair of jeans at Walmart, not the largest I have ever worn and I dont have to sew them up.

Pair of tan casual pants (khaki type), spring summer sleepwear that says "love naps" in many colors. Got kleenex, no TP today at the store, and then things went slightly south, piece of cake,cookies,candy bars. I added too much tax so I have just under $15 dollars left on card.

Chicken and broccoli (frozen) for lunch with piece of cake - will try and walk some of it off.

Hang in there week is half over.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, glad you found some clothes you want. I hate clothes shopping and the decay of my "fat" clothes means I have to buy more before next winter--and I do not want to buy more in these sizes. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me and got me to return here.

I've found a couple other holes in my plan--like not having anything for lunch/snack at work. I will have to figure out what I want. I have been getting too hungry between breakfast and dinner and the only options at work are too high cal/low satisfaction.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Peeping in quick like.
    Wedding week!!!! Definitely not at the goal weight I aimed for but also not at my high. So I will forget the thoughts of weight over the next 4 days and enjoy. Will check in soon! Stay healthy all!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,860 Member
    Options

THURSDAY MARCH 12TH ~~~

One eye is open......

Lynn - Enjoy your Wedding Week!! How exciting!

Maureen - I am so with you on the not wanting to buy any more clothes ever in this current size!
    I am still working on finding things to help me NOT sabotage myself every 4 or 5 days. I seem to fall apart mentally and then go off the deep end.
    For your lunches - Do you have a "kitchen" with a microwave at work? Can you stand to eat salads most days? Or would a hefty cereal with milk and then a piece of fruit work for lunch?

Sara - Glad that you had success with the clothes shopping. Good for you!

Waving to Dawn and Holly and Kathryn and Tracy and Missy and all of the rest of you ladies~~

Lana

254.4 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning, all, and Lynn, have fun.

Lana, I do have a microwave. I left today without ANY food or water for the day. I will drink tap water, but I don't drink enough when it's tap. And there is a lot of food here, but nearly all of it will not be satisfying for all the calories it has. I'm going to buy my favorite cereals and store them at work. And I thought about salads, which will be ok for some days, but I really need to focus on high protein to see if the low protein is the reason I'm getting too hungry.

I need to figure it out and will. I also need to know it will take time.

Everyone, I hope you have a good day.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Dishes are done and laundry started - its a domestic day. Was going to make bacon quiche until I realized my bacon was frozen- tomorrow is soon enough.

Buckle down and make eye apt - some people hate dentists I hate eye apts. Need to get things done while I still have insurance.

Lynn - just enjoy, you will have time to take care of the edible enjoyment soon enough.

Looks like its a Miss T walk time.

Wishing all a great day.
  • holly1283
    Options
    Was at my G P for my 6 months check up. Switching antidepressants to prozac. I go back in a month. Would like to lose a couple pounds until then. I know what to do as most of us here do. Hope my brain is in gear or it won't happen. Waves to all.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th.

I have so much "junk" food at home in case we get quarantined (or whatever it's called when we are all told to stay home). My youngest son is a runner and needs lots of low volume/high fat foods b/c he tends to get too thin/fat % gets really low. If he lost weight, he wouldn't be as healthy as I want him to be for fighting off a virus. So, the food is now in the house. It's off limits, I've told my other two who live with me, but b/c I paid for it I'm not above taking it. What a challenge this will be.

But I also have lots of good stuff and low cal/low fat/high protein foods in stock--esp. tuna and TVP. If I am stuck at home, I will be able to fix more TVP dishes and see if they help me stay satisfied better.

In the meantime, we are celebrating Pi day by having our students make a circle on the floor with a 6' radius-the recommended social distance--and combining math/science/social studies lessons. I love teaching; this will be a good learning opportunity for students.

Have a good day, y'all.
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Errands done, my one pair of pants is a little big which usually does not happen so I went back and got second pair in lower size. Both will be short enough to wear for summer (except for the ugly 100 plus temps).

Bought broccoli to make quiche and a lot of snacks. Just is - I also bought 2 pieces of cake - one to share. I figure my way of dealing with this crazy stress is to eat cake!!

Time for lunch and then knitting.

Wishing all a great day.
  • holly1283
    Options
    The area schools are closed for the next 2 weeks. I may not be able to go swimming. Wide spread hysteria. I got my mile in today. Stock market is tanking. Doom and gloom. Sigh. I'm old enough to remember many viral scares and this one seems unwarranted. Here in PA we have 80 times as many flu cases as corona virus. Keep making those prayer shawls. Our nation needs all the prayers it can get.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Holly, I think this is different because seasonal flu does not overwhelm the healthcare system. I cannot imagine losing a loved one because a doctor decided s/he could not afford to spend resources on them. It boggles my mind as an American living in the 21st century. Also, the estimates of deaths -- if the healthcare system is overwhelmed -- are much, much higher than seasonal flu; 1.5 million compared to 35,000-50,000. Many of those deaths would have been preventable if the system wasn't overrun.

My state--WI--is closing schools March 18-April 6. I'm a teacher (high school). My biggest concerns right now are, how will my students' families fare? Most are the children of the working poor. My 2nd concern is that the number of cases went from 8 to 19 in WI today--and what will be the cost of having school on Monday and Tuesday? I don't object b/c we know families need time to plan for the next 2.5 weeks, but I pray and hope families and staff who are at risk or who have family at risk will choose to stay home. I anticipate that many will--but what about those who show up? Will it increase their risk? I guess we will find out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Like Maureen I have acquired junk food as a result of all the anxiety around me. I had to walk later than usual last night to stop listening to the food saying "eat me".

I did however buy a nice piece of honey cake with a layer of caramel on top - so not a saint but being selective and split the piece in 2 and enjoyed it.

Church is cancelled for the next 2 weeks and it was a grounding place for me - I face the "big monster" on April 1st in that I go back to work. Not having church to go to is unsettling, but maybe just walking more will help. Pale replacement, but there it is.

Thank you for continuing to post, I have a number of people who are becoming "negative Nellies" and they are annoying company,

Will see if my favorite restaurant is open this morning. Saw a post on FB to keep our small eateries open buy a gift card to use down the road - it would help keep them afloat longer.

Quiche it is this weekend and I may even make 2.....

Wave to all who follow.
  • holly1283
    Options
    Buying gift cards from the smaller retail joints is a good idea. I'm all alone this weekend and looking forward to it. Still in my nightie with my dog by my side. Will eventually make a list or nothing will get done. Have a good day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dear Lana-

Glad you have 2 CPAPs and if James will not assist you, you do what you must - can you get a third so you have 2 again??

You are going Tuesday to Las Vegas to sign tax forms? Gamble just for the heck of it or see The Blue Man Group?

Make a wish list, one year from now I want -- and work towards it.

You should see the size of my chocolate/ chocolate chip muffin - I have walked 5k so far.....

Neighbor with dog is moving tomorrow and both have been so wonderful. I gave him a $20 gift card from Target as he is moving to the Midwest and who knows what he will need and he in turn gave me a gift card to the Asian store we both liked along with his food court card that collects credits to spend on their food court every time you purchase things - he being vegan never used his. Hard when good people leave your daily life.

New prayer shawl will be in blues from light blue to turquoise and dark teal and ocean blue. Will get a nice piece of my oddball yarn into one project

Muffin and knitting. Wave to all who follow.