WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka – Congratulations on completing the course. You’re almost there! Funny about cleaning your work office area. When I worked for a rather fast-growing software company I was move 14 times in a year and a half. I learned to keep it light including printed paper. I could pack my desk and fit it in to one standard paper box.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

In my previous job I moved around a lot so I was able to do the box thing too ... but here, I've stayed put! I think this is the longest I've been in one office location in my life.

So, very gradually, things have accumulated.

The most difficult thing to bring home will be my plant. It has grown!!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day

Zwift bike trainer- 60min, 1066ft elev, 12.6amph, 158mhr, 12.6mi= 620c
    Apple Watch- 623c
  • PamelaFitGirl
    PamelaFitGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie: Thank you for the March link! I appreciate the new month, and I really appreciate this group of wise and kindhearted women.

Here are my March resolutions. They will look familiar. :wink:

March 2020 Resolutions

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol.

Awesome!!!
  • Machka9
    Options
    So here's what I'm working on at home ...

My first assignment for one of my classes asks us to clarify the definitions of 'utopian' and 'dystopian' and use them to describe the impacts of social media on humanity.

We have to use research to do this, all appropriately cited of course so I won't be using any of your comments ... but particularly in light of current issues, what are your thoughts?

Does social media have a 'utopian' impact on humanity or a 'dystopian' impact?

I may present the topic of my second assignment on Monday. :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: Good news about your son's call to you from the hospital! :flowerforyou:
  • Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I admit, I've been skimming over most of the posts about this virus. The answer to my question was probably somewhere in them

How long can the virus live on a non-human (like a doorknob or shipping container?)

Michele NC

A study has been done to answer your question ...

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

See also the FAQs here:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/coronavirus-faq-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions/12042318#Tell

Machka in Oz
  • Kiwibowler
    Kiwibowler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all, ventured out shopping and got a stock up of our emergency food kit.
    In NZ we are meant to have enough for the household for 21 days with little cooking facilities - in our case we have bottled gas so better off than many. This is in case of a big alpine fault rupture (a mega earthquake).
    We probably keep a reasonable stock for 10 days but now have closer to the 21.
    I want at everyone else's dinner time, and only missed a few list items...but flour was scarce.
    We had fun at a bowls tournament out at one of the peninsula settlements and I got lots of them used to the idea of elbow bumping rather than shaking hands. It will be interesting to see if the lady's tournament are OK about it on Tuesday - they are a bit more formal.
    I've managed to keep on task over the weekend with food which is great. Need to put more effort into exercise!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So here's what I'm working on at home ...

My first assignment for one of my classes asks us to clarify the definitions of 'utopian' and 'dystopian' and use them to describe the impacts of social media on humanity.

We have to use research to do this, all appropriately cited of course so I won't be using any of your comments ... but particularly in light of current issues, what are your thoughts?

Does social media have a 'utopian' impact on humanity or a 'dystopian' impact?

Machka in Oz

Machka
    If I had to argue one side, I would choose 'dystopian'.

>>>

Margaret So glad your son called. (((Hugs)))

>>>

I am heading out to Kroger this morning for a few items, planning to be there at 6 a.m. when they open.

Then I am off to work at 8!

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sunday -- more Zwift!

Distance: 16.79km
    Elevation: 136m 
    Moving Time: 48:21
    Elapsed Time:   48:21