New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    f5iikj5nfd2x.jpg
    g888qb8y0ryl.jpg
    These were very underwhelming and I would not buy. They caught my eye when I saw on instagram I think. The carob pb had barely any PB. I like a MUCH higher PB:chocolate/carob ratio. The PB&J was the better of the two which I didn't expect. The inside was a tart strawberry taste. It didn't remind me of PB&J, more of chocolate bar filled with fruit and I love the chocolate/strawberry combo.

I just recently bought this PB cup too and I agree that it was not good. The ratio is so off and the carob actually smells weird and I've had carob products before. It's also not worth the high calorie count for what it is.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    f5iikj5nfd2x.jpg
    g888qb8y0ryl.jpg
    These were very underwhelming and I would not buy. They caught my eye when I saw on instagram I think. The carob pb had barely any PB. I like a MUCH higher PB:chocolate/carob ratio. The PB&J was the better of the two which I didn't expect. The inside was a tart strawberry taste. It didn't remind me of PB&J, more of chocolate bar filled with fruit and I love the chocolate/strawberry combo.

I just recently bought this PB cup too and I agree that it was not good. The ratio is so off and the carob actually smells weird and I've had carob products before. It's also not worth the high calorie count for what it is.

Agreed. I was surprised they are 190 calories, yet are not much bigger than a reeses.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    2hfuj9rvbsqj.png
    jutt2v3m77b6.png
    The original sweet potato wraps sound interesting.

And the kids sweet Potato, banana and apple Wraps. They would be great for my fruit and nut butter wraps! Anyone had either of these?

• beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tried halva!! AMAZING! I would say its like a cotton candy made with sesame seed butter and nuts. So light and fluffy and delicious. This brand was absolutely delicious. I bought it from whole foods.8ylpnyje36bv.jpg
    vvg4ksgr99cz.jpg8abmixaywjhm.jpgryg07cwekbmw.jpg
    It looks gross like tuna lol, but tastes amazing!

Also tried one of these bars. 10/10 They are tiny but sooo good. Great pistachio taste. You guys were right they melt in your mouth. I would say the whole foods one was more cotton candy like, but these had a different texture.
    rd34z0qeq0gq.jpg Remind me of the caked part of almond or cashew butter at the bottom of the jar when you didnt mix it.o9ij38jrf7my.jpg

Had a nice little testing adventure the past week trying all this turkish pistachio stuff lol

Halva is ethereal! I love it too. I grew up eating sunflower seed halva. It is also delicious if made properly. I've had a hard time find a good one here in US. I tried several brands and it's never as fresh and toasted as I'd like it to be. Pistachio sesame seed one fills my childhood craving perfectly and it is more widely available.
    f5iikj5nfd2x.jpg
    g888qb8y0ryl.jpg

Is there a dark PB cup that you would recommend?

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2020
    Options
    beulah81 wrote: »

Is there a dark PB cup that you would recommend?

The Justin's Dark PB cup is good, IMO.

LOVE the justins brand. I also loved these...

vo4lbre9ygj9.png

The regular dark chocolate ones are also fantastic. I posted a review and pictures a few pages back but when I try to find them I cant for some reason? Maybe they were deleted.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    rjnm0gp9rzt6.jpg
    ygkr83yzleew.jpg

my favorites

I love both of these! It's funny, I went to a couple chocolate stores in Seattle and Theo's had the least fancy packaging but "won" in my peanut butter chocolate taste test. Fran's won for best salted caramels though. Those Trader Joe ones I used to buy and eat half the container on the way home, I can't have them in the house anymore!
  • beulah81
    Options
    Thank you to all of you for chiming in on PB cup recommendations! 🤗 Looks like I have a few to sample!
    Fran's gray sea salt caramels are amazing!! My sweet SIL spoils me with those when she visits from Seattle. She says their PB cups are something to write home about.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Today only, Built Bars, key lime flavor, 110 calories.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you for chiming in on PB cup recommendations! 🤗 Looks like I have a few to sample!
    Fran's gray sea salt caramels are amazing!! My sweet SIL spoils me with those when she visits from Seattle. She says their PB cups are something to write home about.

That reminds me... THESE are the best ever.

xjnjacqs2mo5.jpg
  • beulah81
    edited March 2020
    Options

xjnjacqs2mo5.jpg

My local Costco carries these. Sadly they are Milk Chocolate version, which I am not a fan of. Even a 4 off coupon was not enough incentive for me to get them. Dark chocolate version is often out of stock on their website. I bought a small bag of mini bites in dark around the holidays and they were really, really good!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options

I liked Theo's peanut butter cups more than Fran's but those sea salt caramels are insane, I went through them so fast! Who am I kidding, I skipped meals and ate chocolate instead until it was all gone!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2020
    Options
    2us8xr66deqr.png

Regular peanut butter? How disappointing unless its like pb butterscotch or pb white chocolate. Probably going to be salted pb caramel or something.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2020
    Options

xjnjacqs2mo5.jpg

My local Costco carries these. Sadly they are Milk Chocolate version, which I am not a fan of. Even a 4 off coupon was not enough incentive for me to get them. Dark chocolate version is often out of stock on their website. I bought a small bag of mini bites in dark around the holidays and they were really, really good!

OMG those look incredible with the SEA SALT. Sweet and salty.... my kind of candy. I want the ones at the bottom of the jar with the extra salt.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    q2o9mm0rbg9v.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options

xjnjacqs2mo5.jpg

OMG those look incredible with the SEA SALT. Sweet and salty.... my kind of candy. I want the ones at the bottom of the jar with the extra salt.

lfwbdfjghx0e.jpg

right?? These are also underrated imo.

And agree on the salt at the bottom! THat's my favorite part about pretzels haha... I lick my finger and eat the salt and crumbs. gross I know
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    2us8xr66deqr.png

Regular peanut butter? How disappointing unless its like pb butterscotch or pb white chocolate. Probably going to be salted pb caramel or something.

Peanut Butter toffee?
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    2us8xr66deqr.png

Peanut Butter toffee?

"We have good news. There’s a new Quest product coming – sooner than you’d think, too. This is your official reminder to keep your eyes (and stomachs) ready for what we have to share with you.

We can’t say exactly what it is, but we think you’re going to melt for the unbelievable taste. We don’t want to spread ourselves too thin, because it’s crunch time around the offices. Maybe we’ve said too much..."