New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    2us8xr66deqr.png

Regular peanut butter? How disappointing unless its like pb butterscotch or pb white chocolate. Probably going to be salted pb caramel or something.

Peanut Butter toffee?

"We have good news. There’s a new Quest product coming – sooner than you’d think, too. This is your official reminder to keep your eyes (and stomachs) ready for what we have to share with you.

We can’t say exactly what it is, but we think you’re going to melt for the unbelievable taste. We don’t want to spread ourselves too thin, because it’s crunch time around the offices. Maybe we’ve said too much..."

A peanut butter pretzel flavor would be good... or fluffernutter...
  • pancakerunner
    agcwsykx22js.jpg
    d32ocxv2z3u7.jpg
    sgtwvqcmm8u5.jpg
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    edited March 2020
    beulah81 wrote: »
    Thank you to all of you for chiming in on PB cup recommendations! 🤗 Looks like I have a few to sample!
    Fran's gray sea salt caramels are amazing!! My sweet SIL spoils me with those when she visits from Seattle. She says their PB cups are something to write home about.

That reminds me... THESE are the best ever.

xjnjacqs2mo5.jpg

My local Costco carries these. Sadly they are Milk Chocolate version, which I am not a fan of. Even a 4 off coupon was not enough incentive for me to get them. Dark chocolate version is often out of stock on their website. I bought a small bag of mini bites in dark around the holidays and they were really, really good!

OMG those look incredible with the SEA SALT. Sweet and salty.... my kind of candy. I want the ones at the bottom of the jar with the extra salt.

lfwbdfjghx0e.jpg

right?? These are also underrated imo.

And agree on the salt at the bottom! THat's my favorite part about pretzels haha... I lick my finger and eat the salt and crumbs. gross I know

These are awesome! I often sprinkle extra salt on them or use them broken into small bites as a condiment on pretzel thins.
    A few questions to you and @Noreenmarie1234 in regards to Quest bars. I see you both post about them. Do you find them satiating? Do you eat them as a stand alone snack or with a meal? Do you get extra flatulent when you consume them? What are your favorite flavors?
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    I found the doughnut flavors of Klondike Bars. Picked up the Boston cream and triple chocolate, will probably pick up the strawberry whenever I need to venture out next (luckily the ice cream aisle seems to be the one place that isn't being ravaged).

I tried the Boston cream flavor. It's even more difficult to hold than a normal Klondike bar and was just falling apart in my hands. Honestly, I'm not sure it even tasted different than a regular Klondike bar. Maybe slightly, but I'd probably have to do a side by side taste test to tell the difference.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    2us8xr66deqr.png

Regular peanut butter? How disappointing unless its like pb butterscotch or pb white chocolate. Probably going to be salted pb caramel or something.

Peanut Butter toffee?

"We have good news. There’s a new Quest product coming – sooner than you’d think, too. This is your official reminder to keep your eyes (and stomachs) ready for what we have to share with you.

We can’t say exactly what it is, but we think you’re going to melt for the unbelievable taste. We don’t want to spread ourselves too thin, because it’s crunch time around the offices. Maybe we’ve said too much..."

A peanut butter pretzel flavor would be good... or fluffernutter...

Yaasssss to fluffernutter, that would make me so happy!😋
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    I haven’t had my favourite Kameya wasabi mayonnaise since moving from Amsterdam to London ten years ago. Recently found a shop that sells it online. The wasabi is not uniformly distributed. If you look carefully those little green granules are tiny wasabi explosions in the mouth.
    bxzej5ws0kzf.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    m8lwcnlknvzp.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    m8lwcnlknvzp.jpg

These are so funny, I am so grossed out by skin on meat/fish I pick it off with my pointy finger and thumb or use a plastic bag over my hand and it goes straight in the trash. I know it's supposed to be the good part but I've always been that way.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member

Is there a dark PB cup that you would recommend?

BFree makes Sun Cup Rice Chocolate Minis that are addictive. Come loose in a bag - not individually wrapped (they are very small) but sit in the traditional individual little fluted cups.

Technically, they should be more like milk chocolate than dark chocolate, but they tasted pretty dark to me (made with rice milk, dairy-free). The filling is based on sunflower seed butter rather than peanut butter.

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    2hfuj9rvbsqj.png
    jutt2v3m77b6.png
    The original sweet potato wraps sound interesting.

And the kids sweet Potato, banana and apple Wraps. They would be great for my fruit and nut butter wraps! Anyone had either of these?

I like the BFree sweet potato wraps. Also their quinoa chia teff flax wraps.

BFree is a tasty source of gluten-free foods in general so their products are worth trying. I also like their GF seeded bread and their GF pita bread.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Tried halva!! AMAZING! I would say its like a cotton candy made with sesame seed butter and nuts. So light and fluffy and delicious. This brand was absolutely delicious. I bought it from whole foods.8ylpnyje36bv.jpg
    vvg4ksgr99cz.jpg8abmixaywjhm.jpgryg07cwekbmw.jpg
    It looks gross like tuna lol, but tastes amazing!

Also tried one of these bars. 10/10 They are tiny but sooo good. Great pistachio taste. You guys were right they melt in your mouth. I would say the whole foods one was more cotton candy like, but these had a different texture.
    rd34z0qeq0gq.jpg Remind me of the caked part of almond or cashew butter at the bottom of the jar when you didnt mix it.o9ij38jrf7my.jpg

Had a nice little testing adventure the past week trying all this turkish pistachio stuff lol

I LOVE HALVAH, LOVE LOVE LOVE
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Tried halva!! AMAZING! I would say its like a cotton candy made with sesame seed butter and nuts. So light and fluffy and delicious. This brand was absolutely delicious. I bought it from whole foods.8ylpnyje36bv.jpg

Also tried one of these bars. 10/10 They are tiny but sooo good. Great pistachio taste. You guys were right they melt in your mouth. I would say the whole foods one was more cotton candy like, but these had a different texture.
    rd34z0qeq0gq.jpg Remind me of the caked part of almond or cashew butter at the bottom of the jar when you didnt mix it.o9ij38jrf7my.jpg

Had a nice little testing adventure the past week trying all this turkish pistachio stuff lol

@Noreenmarie1234 if you're open to ordering online... this site has free shipping on orders $45+ and has sugar free halva!

https://www.halvaboutique.com/shop/Halva-Pistachio-p141282384
  • pancakerunner
    edited March 2020

Still have been obsessed with these bars! I wish they were bigger, lol.

@Noreenmarie1234 if you're open to ordering online... this site has free shipping on orders $45+ and has sugar free halva!

https://www.halvaboutique.com/shop/Halva-Pistachio-p141282384

I actually found that store a few weeks ago before I was going to order and really was excited about the sugar free! May have to indulge and try them out!

I have previously been disappointed by B&J vegan ice creams, but this one was EXCELLENT! I wanted to eat the whole pint. I see why it was excellent at 1280 for the pint.....

It had nice gobs of caramel with a creamy coconut taste. I actually am slightly allergic to walnuts and usually can feel a reaction right away. I still eat things anyways though because it is mild, but I did not have any reaction to this. That makes me think they really use peanuts instead because they are cheaper LOL. (My conspiracy theory) It had a nice peanut flavor to it as well and a lot of chocolate chunks. I would actually eat this one again.

n7cte5mrj5e4.jpeg
    jxhklg4vu0df.jpeg
    gnx1tvbigjx7.jpeg
    lobr6vr3l5wi.jpeg
    ub4zecdyvmlo.jpeg

Lastly I tried this Carrot Bacon jerky. It basically was just spicy carrot chips not jerky or baconlike, lol.

bit of an unpopular opinion but I can't stand Ben and jerry's! With the exception of chunky monkey...
  • pancakerunner
    aj797udm62rk.jpg

has anyone tried this flavor?
  • pancakerunner
    hgycta wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    i5dpii98v03e.jpg

"Klondike Donuts are rolling out in stores in Boston Cream, Triple Chocolate, and Frosted Strawberry flavors."
    "Klondike Donuts are available at Meijer and Kroger now, the three flavors will be available nationwide in March 2020"

More info: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/klondike-donut-ice-cream-bars-152300845.html

@hgycta where u at?!

IVE MISSED SO MUCH!!! ❤️❤️❤️😭❤️❤️❤️ I got married, went to Iceland, almost got stuck in Iceland because of all this COVID-19 nonsense, and now I’m back in America stocking up on Yoplait strawberry starburst yogurts and toilet paper because I didn’t think it would be a pandemic when I got home 😂🤣

I love all of you and I kept thinking of you all ❤️🥺❤️ What are the top five food things I missed!!!! Has anyone tried those new IHOP breakfast pancakes yet? 😱

YOURE BACK!!!!😭😭😭❤️👋🏼
  • pancakerunner
    3mw648mvf8cw.png

@Noreenmarie1234 apparently tastes like a butterfinger?!?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2020
    ukkkaiwvbb5t.jpeg
    Also, since I’m back, I need to make sure something is straight! When I was in Iceland I saw these “Maryland” cookies and let me just say... I don’t know if other states here in the US have them but as someone who was born and raised in Maryland this does NOT represent us!!! 😂 Us Marylanders love Berger Cookies, not this dry Famous Amos type cookie 😬 I thought it was HILARIOUS Iceland had them though!

Things to try if you go to Iceland:
    - Their gelato/ice cream. There’s a gelato shop called Valdis and it is, quite honestly, the best gelato I have ever had. Apparently Icelanders LOVE gelato and ice cream.... I ordered two scoops but then as I was leaving I overheard the guy behind me order SIXTEEN scoops, and as I turned around I saw them piling it in a giant container 🤯
    - Their espresso beverages!!!! As a coffee addict, I was very worried they wouldn’t have good coffee, but as it turns out, they’re fanatics of not just ice cream, but coffee (my heaven)! Our hotel had a full blown self serve espresso machine right in the lobby, stores had complimentary espresso machines to use, and if you finish dinner be prepared to ask if you’d like a cup of “coffee” only to be given a mug filled with straight up shots of espresso LOL
    - hot dogs. After indulging in a $160 7-course meal between my husband and I to try exotic things like puffin and whale (both which are NOT something I recommend, by the way), our tour guide informed us the very next day that Icelanders dont actually enjoy them, they just have to get rid of them so they pass them onto tourists 😂 he said their actual favorite food is hot dogs... which were actually pretty good!!! I’m not a massive hot dog person, but I figured I would include that for those who are!

P.S. seriously.... don’t do it, don’t ever spend that much money on puffin or whale. Puffin tastes like fishy beef jerky with a horrible aftertaste and whale is like slimy beef liver 😬
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    8d5wz616mgzi.jpeg

Omg I need to try this!! Where is @hgycta lol

DID YOU FIND THESE YET. I NEED THIS. THIS HAS BROUGHT ME OUT OF HIDING 😂😂😂😂❤️👏