Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguygam3rguy Member Posts: 3,655 Member Member Posts: 3,655 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!

I just ordered a whole bunch of anime...thank you amazon...I also am considering finding some darebee cardio stuff because I am definitely home more nights with nothing to do except sit around and I don't think that's the best...RavenCon was delayed indefinitely, so long princess leia, but I'm trying to keep on track with the fluff shedding...I did finally get a scale that works though it puts my body fat about 7% higher than the old one, at least it seems consistent.

Ooooo! Anime! I like anime!

edited March 18
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Member Posts: 429 Member Member Posts: 429 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    I was supposed to hit the gym today for my next chest workout, but my wife suggested I not go to the gym for a couple weeks. Probably her just being a little over-paranoid, but it's written, "He that listens to the wisdom of his wife shall have no lack of gain." (Text slightly off, working from memory here.) So if her wisdom says stay, I stay, at least for now. At my age, probably could use a break anyway for my joints.

All our gyms have been ordered to close. have to do something else for the foreseeable future.
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1”=Done!
  • TorqueMonster1972TorqueMonster1972 Member, Premium Posts: 11 Member Member, Premium Posts: 11 Member
    Just went for a 30km bike ride and cooked about 852Cal of stored energy around the body!
  • DjproulxDjproulx Member Posts: 2,079 Member Member Posts: 2,079 Member
    Hey Kids,

Well, my pool is closed, so I was forced to substitute a swimcord routine and run for actual pool time yesterday. No biggie, since the South Beach Triathlon was just cancelled. :(

While I'm sure to lose some swim fitness until I can begin open water swims, at least the cycling, running, yoga and strength stuff is "business as usual". Tonight's indoor cycling fun included a few rounds of FTP intervals, followed by some tempo paced work.

Stay Cool.....
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!

"22 Minute Hard Corps Spec Ops Cardio & Core 2”=Done!!!
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Resistance 3”=Done!
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Member Posts: 1,083 Member Member Posts: 1,083 Member
    Had to do some stuff at home today. Everything is Maryland is either closed or limited. Just have to make the best of it. Hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 3 & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • DjproulxDjproulx Member Posts: 2,079 Member Member Posts: 2,079 Member
    Got out for a couple hours on the bike. Fought through cold March winds all the way out, then enjoyed the tailwind on the way home. Did a short run off the bike that felt pretty good.
    I'm ready for Spring temps any time!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,191 Member Member Posts: 2,191 Member
    My gym is still open. Did some lifting and prowler work today. A little normalcy was nice.
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest & Arms"=Done!

“22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Spec Ops Resistance”=Done!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Member Posts: 1,083 Member Member Posts: 1,083 Member
    It's 3 a.m. and I am officially deemed out of my mind. I despise home work outs. My coach has offered zoom workouts as well as the gym equipment to use at our homes until the closures dissipate. Maryland has a high number of COVID 19 cases and everything nonessential is now closed. I have to use what's available to me until things get better. My mini tantrum is now over.
    Have a great day ahead.
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Member Posts: 429 Member Member Posts: 429 Member
    It's 3 a.m. and I am officially deemed out of my mind. I despise home work outs. My coach has offered zoom workouts as well as the gym equipment to use at our homes until the closures dissipate. Maryland has a high number of COVID 19 cases and everything nonessential is now closed. I have to use what's available to me until things get better. My mini tantrum is now over.
    Have a great day ahead.

Same here in Ohio. Gym has been closed over a week now. Finding it difficult to do anything at home.
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!

• LindsquadLindsquad Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Could use some insight. I’m one month in of eating healthy, routine exercise and no more alcohol. Feeling great. Purpose for doing so is I am 43. Have high blood pressure and I want to be able to keep up with my football fanatic 8 yr old. I have lost a total of 13 lbs. so from 234 now at 221. But last couple weeks have not seen not much weight loss. Is that normal? Do I just keep the same routine or try something different? My work out consists of 3-4 times a week on our elliptical.