gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Get it done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Welcome to all the new Cool Kids.

Now that I'm in the off season, I've returned to my trainer for strength work. We did all the basics: KB lunges and squats, renegade rows, iron abs, various planks, etcetera. Quite a reality check since I haven't done strength work in 5 months. The only part that didn't wipe me out was running the flights of stairs, lol.

It was also comforting to know that my trainer has retained her sense of humor. When I mentioned that the other Cool Kids always do great sounding workouts she went to the chalkboard and titled this mornings routine "The As* and Abs Miracle". That's probably why I'm having trouble sitting down right now.

Plan is for a bike ride tonight and a couple long runs this weekend.

Happy Friday.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Morning Cool Kids!
    Any plans for the weekend?
    I plan to finish painting my porch and work on my front flower bed. Also have a couple of high school games to go to. Now that the weather is cooler......I may sneak in some miles at the park.
    Have a good one.
    @aslanpw -Congratulations on loosing 20 pounds! Keep doing what you are doing. Obviously its working :)
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Remember the workout rut i was complaining about? totally non existent today! why?

I did Tapout XT2: Total Body! !!! There was no time for nagging and complaining. Had to hold on to every bit of energy to complete the workout. And the after the workouts endorphin rush was to die for! now that's what im talking about!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,985 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey mighty cool ones! Welcome to the newbs!

Got to the gym today to take a class - supposed to be abs and stretching and was more cardio and some abs...but they are still working on their classes as this is the first week the gym's been open. Also did a couple of sets of strength training with the machines. Couple of my friends were there and we played on their jungle gym...they called it something more impressive like martial arts and cross fit area, but they had the horizontal ladder that my friend and I kept calling the monkey bars to their chagrin. She could still go all the way across...I've got some work to do since I could barely hang on. Be both watched in awe of the dude doing the battle ropes...some day...

Per the weekend...might go for a paddle tomorrow, and have a church function to go to tomorrow night...also going to turn a year older, so might have to treat myself to one of my favorite restaurants (trying to decide between Turkish or Thai). I really need to get out to my flowerbeds and finish some weeding, do a little bit more planting, and do some trimming of bushes and palms. Been cooler outside, so now is the time to get some of that done since Christmas decorating will be here before we know it.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Running Scotia waterfront half marathon Sunday. Tomorrow is all- day pool (9-ball) tournament for our team to try for a spot in regional tournament in summer. I'll need to watch beer intake >:)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Happy early birthday @b3achy!

c3q29xuaehd7.gif

Good luck @misscagal! Have fun!

• b3achy
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Happy early birthday @b3achy!

Good luck @misscagal! Have fun!

Aw thanks...tried to sort of sneak it in there - good to see folks actually read my tomes...BTW, decided to do Thai and take a sympathy card to the owners of my fave restaurant since they have a picture of the Thai king and queen in their foyer to their restaurant. I'm sure they are mourning the loss of the king.

• MrsWOW2016
    MrsWOW2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am 40 and I'm new to mfp. I am on a journey to loose 80 lbs. I recently started a kickboxing fitness class and it's very hard but I don't want to give up. Looking for friends to talk to when times are tough. This is very different and difficult for me. I've never joined anything like this before but I figured I will never know if it will help me unless I try. Please feel free to add me because I need all the support I can get.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Long training ride completed! 141km 1,848m elevation in 7 hours. Not too bad but the pacing needs improving :| Tomorrow's plan is eat all the food in sight :D
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    @MrsWOW2016 - welcome! This is a kick butt group, always posting their inspiring workouts. There are also a lot of fun challenge threads to join in that category of the message boards. Most are very friendly and encouraging, and I find they keep me accountable.

Also, for anyone interested, last I heard there were still a couple of spots left in the Amazing Race Fall Challenge. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/116418-amazing-race-fall-fun If they are already full, they will start a wait list, and anticipate being able to slide people onto teams as others fall out. I've never done it, but it sounds like a fun way to be accountable to a team for your weekly activity, if you are into that kind of thing.

@gojaqs - depends on how far you have to go. I've got a similar scooter - serious workout for legs and glutes (have no idea how we did so much as kids). I need to get mine out again. But honestly, I can't go very far on mine...maybe a mile or two at most before being exhausted...so if it is farther, I'd be leaning toward the bike. However, for the fun factor, I'd lean toward the scooter. I really wish I could bike more around my town, but it's too heavy with clue-free auto traffic and virtually zero bike lanes in my part of town (though my city apparently thinks painting a picture of a bike in the middle of a busy car lane will transform it into a bike friendly road - epic fail).
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 Base + Back & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    @b3achy o:) Fun factor today, definitely. B)
  • b3achy
    gojaqs wrote: »
    @b3achy o:) Fun factor today, definitely. B)

You might have just motivated me to try my scooter when going to my gym. It's only 2.25 miles, but too many busy streets to bike, but a bit far to walk...maybe a walk, scoot combo might be just what I need to get some extra mileage in on the days I'm lifting ;)