40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Spec Ops Cardio & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • darkhead4u308
    darkhead4u308 Posts: 52 Member
    45 here--Newbie--just joined and looking for friends.
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    I am going to turn 40 in 3 months. Returned after a long hiatus and need to add new friends.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Kids,

Welcome Noobs!

Trying to maintain my training schedule, assuming a June 19th HIM race will happen. Had an indoor bike sufferfest this morning, included a couple twelve minute threshold blocks and some tabata style over/unders inside the 2 hr ride.

My bike and run fitness is coming along, but the pool closings will make it tough to maintain swim fitness. Dryland swim drills with bands is just not the same. I'll just have to start open water swims a bit earlier than normal this spring. Brrrr....

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm 48, New to the community but not new to MFP. Almost finished my journey and don't mind sharing what worked for me. Open to FR
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest & Arms"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Just checking in here. Hope y'all are doing well. Life goes on. Stay strong and keep working out at home. I keep remembering the phrase, "This, too, shall pass."
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1, Cardio 2 & Core 1”=Done!!! 💀💀💀
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hope all of you are well and enduring during this critical time.

We are officially on stay in place status effective 8 p.m. tonoght. If you do not have appropriate documentation highlighting that you're essential personnel and caught on the road. it's considered a crime. You can face up to a 5k fine and/or imprisonment.

Stay safe.

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,920 Member
    Last day of March. I have worked out every day (thank goodness for well-equipped home gym!) except 1, during these “Stay at Home” and social distancing recommendations.

I am tape-measuring every Thursday. I will update you on that success (or lack thereof) on Thursday!

My appetite was well-controlled for the first ten days, but crappy the next 5- or 6- days. I began anew, yesterday, to limit my portions, etc.

I did track my Late Night Snacking. 23 nights I did not LNS and 7 nights I did. Not terrible....considering it usually is about 50/50.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1+3”=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    I am pleased with my March performance - I kept LNS to single-digits!

And I enter April with this:

Streak +2

Yay!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1, Cardio 3 & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

I am navigating my way through workouts at home.

In closing, take nothing for granted, be grateful always.

• gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    You got that right, caramel!

Where I live, we have (at least) twelve more weeks of physical-distancing and “stay home” living. I do get my workouts in every day and now that the warm spring has arrived, I can walk around the block a few times (minimum 6 ft apart from any other human who isn’t in my household), too.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I'm struggling with motivation to workout at home. Just walking into the gym always energizes me for a workout. The recliner - not so much. Obviously, I'm going to have to change that mindset. I will be a puny human when this is over if I don't start working out at home. Thanks for the inspiration, y'all!