40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• thatgirl_blue
    thatgirl_blue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am a 40 year old divorced, mother of 3 and have noticed that it is REALLY hard to lose weight. I'm a stress eater and have gone up and down in my weight over the years. This time around, I can't seem to lose the weight. Even the low carb diet has stalled on me.

I am working out on the treadmill and doing Turbo Jam for exercise. My calories were at a goal of 1270 but with the increased workouts, I stopped losing and started building muscle (I guess). Today I changed my activity to more active and that has given me more calories to work with. Hopefully with adding a few more calories my body will decide to shed. Does that make sense?
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a leisure 90 minutes ride!
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    25 mile bike ride to Staten Island today with a group going to a couple of museums. B)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Happy early birthday @b3achy!

Good luck @misscagal! Have fun!

Aw thanks...tried to sort of sneak it in there - good to see folks actually read my tomes...BTW, decided to do Thai and take a sympathy card to the owners of my fave restaurant since they have a picture of the Thai king and queen in their foyer to their restaurant. I'm sure they are mourning the loss of the king.

I wasn't sure if you were celebrating or mourning. But looks like you found a way to do both.l :wink:
    At a certain age I think you just end up grateful to be able to have another birthday.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    ljberry216 wrote: »
    Hello all. I am a 40 year old divorced, mother of 3 and have noticed that it is REALLY hard to lose weight. I'm a stress eater and have gone up and down in my weight over the years. This time around, I can't seem to lose the weight. Even the low carb diet has stalled on me.

I am working out on the treadmill and doing Turbo Jam for exercise. My calories were at a goal of 1270 but with the increased workouts, I stopped losing and started building muscle (I guess). Today I changed my activity to more active and that has given me more calories to work with. Hopefully with adding a few more calories my body will decide to shed. Does that make sense?

First time posting...just joined the "club" in the summer. It does make sense...if your body thinks it is starving, it stops burning as much....1270 is pretty low.

My doctor warned me that the first 20-30 pounds might (key word is might)
    come off relatively easy but I'd probably hit a plateau at some point (haven't yet but haven't hit 20 lost, either). Just focus on maintaining the positive habits. You may need to boost the exercise (carry small weights when you walk or add ankle weights?) to kick loss back into gear.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    So...my goal is to be under 200 by the new year...and ulitimately, to be at or below what I weighed when I got hitched 16 years ago...160.

I'd like to be between 140-150 but even 160 would make me happy. My 'health coach' recommended MFP and I agreed to try it...2 months and counting, 14 pounds down!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Happy early birthday @b3achy!

c3q29xuaehd7.gif

Good luck @misscagal! Have fun!
    Thanks - race completed with a PB of 2:16 which inluded about 700 m extra for all the people passing! So pleased.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    Thanks - race completed with a PB of 2:16 which inluded about 700 m extra for all the people passing! So pleased.
    [/quote]

Congrats! That's a nice finishing time in a HM race. Time to celebrate your great results!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Congrats, @misscagal! That's a nice finishing time in a HM race. Time to celebrate your great results!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    [/quote]

Congrats, @misscagal! That's a nice finishing time in a HM race. Time to celebrate your great results!
    [/quote]

Thanks! "Celebrating" by laying on couch and watching "Rome" series for rest of day.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Tapout XT2: Recovery and Mobility ahhhhh!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 V Sculpt & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1/2 of P90X Yoga
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    P90X chest shoulders and triceps in da book!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Body pump class