What are you grateful for today?

Kyle_AKA_Moose
Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
So with these uncertain circumstances going on it is hard to see the good in life sometimes.

I'd like you to share with us what you are grateful for today and why.....

I'm grateful for the rain this morning and the the sunshine this afternoon. My garden definitely needed both.

Who's next? 😊

Replies

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I'm grateful for my brain and for my heart that operate sufficiently around the clock. They are two organs that amaze me and I wouldn't be here today without either one. I love you, brain. I love you, heart.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I'm grateful that one full cup of chocolate milk only contains 7 grams of oxalate.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I am grateful to have gotten to talk to my two grandmothers today that are in their mid 80's and 1 is 90.

They both called me today and are safe and healthy.
    That really is something to be grateful for.

I thought about my grandmother yesterday and got sad. She died before her time when I was a teenager. I still miss her dearly. I wish I could see her again if only for a few minutes.

God bless the elderly and kudos to everyone who are looking out for our elderly during these times.
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    I am grateful to have gotten to talk to my two grandmothers today that are in their mid 80's and 1 is 90.

They both called me today and are safe and healthy.
    That really is something to be grateful for.

I thought about my grandmother yesterday and got sad. She died before her time when I was a teenager. I still miss her dearly. I wish I could see her again if only for a few minutes.

God bless the elderly and kudos to everyone who are looking out for our elderly during these times.

I'm very blessed to have them still here. They both are still living on their own and we check in with each other a few times a week.
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    edited April 2020
    1. The ability to work with my hands to create amazing things, even if I think they're crap (sometimes).

Very true, I often don't remember my gifts and talents to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.

So you are an artist I assume?

If you want to share please do.... I am intrigued.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    1. The ability to work with my hands to create amazing things, even if I think they're crap (sometimes).

Very true, I often don't remember my gifts and talents to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.

So you are an artist I assume?

If you want to share please do.... I am intrigued.

Artist/craftsperson. It helps keep me sane. :p
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My
    - good health (so far)
    - good friend
    - job - I'm still working and making close to my full hours (for now at least)
    - cute apartment, and down time - not around other people...quiet, me time
    - some wine
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Thankful for Netflix

They got my favs

Grease
    Clueless
    Save the last dance

... so spoiled
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    I'm grateful

that my friends and family are safe and sound today from the virus.

for this roof over my head tonight and the full feeling in my stomach.

for my health to be as good as it is today.

for this app, I'm met some cool people here and it helps me tremendously with my new healthy lifestyle.
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Grateful that I was able to spend some quality time with some of my family yesterday.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    I was talking to my Dad today , about being on off duty status. A fancy word for laid off. We were talking about how banks in 🇨🇦 are so graciously offering to defer mortgages. Yeah, not the interest, which you will pay interest on top of once you resume payments. I jokingly said , it will be a cold day in hell before I ever do that . If it ever came down to it, I'd borrow the money from you to pay them .

He said , if I needed it, he'd just give me the money 🤑🤑

It would kill me to ask for $$$ but it's nice knowing it's there if I need it

So..... this dad of yours

is he looking to adopt anytime soon ??

( I'm asking for a friend. )
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Cheese.
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    I was talking to my Dad today , about being on off duty status. A fancy word for laid off. We were talking about how banks in 🇨🇦 are so graciously offering to defer mortgages. Yeah, not the interest, which you will pay interest on top of once you resume payments. I jokingly said , it will be a cold day in hell before I ever do that . If it ever came down to it, I'd borrow the money from you to pay them .

He said , if I needed it, he'd just give me the money 🤑🤑

It would kill me to ask for $$$ but it's nice knowing it's there if I need it

So..... this dad of yours

is he looking to adopt anytime soon ??

( I'm asking for a friend. )

Dunno . They might trade one of my sisters . Save them some $$

*Oops, that was out loud, wasn't it 🤐
  • Mommytyme
    Mommytyme Posts: 61 Member
    I’m grateful for my family. They surround me and make me laugh and smile daily.. they love me unconditionally and we’re all safe and healthy.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Netflix. And, espresso.