What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    My sister texted she’s coming home with a surprise for me. I hope it’s a puppy
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sibling, April fool's, surprise

I can't wait 😈
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Letitbeapuppyletitbeapuppyletitbeapuppyletitbeapuppy. If not I'll share mine. 😁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

I can't wait 😈

A slurpee and a six pack of hard cider. 😕
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I can't wait 😈

Damn, I was so rooting for you. Enjoy!
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to each and every direct care provider, that doesn’t have proper PPE still providing care. I will say, after using the SAME disposable “standard mask”, inserted into a fabric mask for EVERY patients room, I could no longer place myself at risk. I couldn’t allow myself, to continue to take my inserted mask out, at the end of shift and placing it into a paper bag that hung up in our employee lounge. I couldn’t continue to wear that same mask, that before this pandemic would be thrown away MULTIPLE times, throughout a shift and especially changed after entering an isolation room.

I have a child with an autoimmune disorder and a special needs son. I have a diabetic mother that I live with and elderly parents that no longer wanted to provide childcare.

Why do you think, 24 residents with 3 employees at a Tucson nursing facility tested positive?! Every facility is on lockdown, only patients out are patients on dialysis. There are NO visitors. “WE” those giving direct care, are being used as Guinea pigs on how to stretch out supplies that wouldn’t even protect from COVID-19.

I can’t protect you and neither can healthcare, if they’re not properly supplied.

I could've written most of this, and this is exactly why I'm typing this from my bed. I've been exactly where you are, and I've been sick for an entire week. There are so many elderly dying in facilities here in NJ, my heart is breaking. My frustration is mounting for us health-care workers...much like you, I feel like a guinea pig, not a hero. Hang in there, babe. I wish I had something encouraging to say to you, I can only offer support and let you know that you're not alone. 💜

Hope you and @KeepOnCardio stay safe. Sorry that's all happening the way it is.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I can't wait 😈

Oooh... slurpee-posting

I'll be here all night for this
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    not much to look forward to these days
    thank goodness i didn’t buy any sweets
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    2020, I'm tired of this April Fool's joke. :expressionless:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    2020, I'm tired of this April Fool's joke. :expressionless:

for real, right?
    Because a flu is gonna be here forever, realistically - and another new one next
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I want to go visit my mom, but don't know if I should...hold out another week?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I have to go out to get groceries for us/my dad. I'm feeling really anxious about it.

I know the feeling 🤗
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I want to go visit my mom, but don't know if I should...hold out another week?

Yeah, that's tough. Can you speak with her or Skype/FTime, if she's 'net savvy? And, I don't mean this to sound flippant, but if you want to see her, can she come to the window/door of her home & you can check on her from outside?

My mum is in her 80s, lives alone in another region of the country & is ill with the flu, but, it's scary as she never gets ill & apparently has been in bed for going into week 2. She's so ill, she can't answer the phone now... no one's heard from her for 5-days. 2 of my siblings live near her, but are ill with the flu, 1 is in the hospital... so, they can't visit. They both live alone & for 3-days now, aren't answering their phones either. No one's heard from my other siblings for a month... so, who knows what's going on with them... we all live in different states.

Stressful times.
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I have to go out to get groceries for us/my dad. I'm feeling really anxious about it.

Same. But, I haven't been in a market since the 12th, so have got to do it today... we have a lockdown at midnight, so I imagine many will be out & about today for food.

We'll be fine! Hope you find all that you need for you & your dad!
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Will life ever be the same?

Life is never the same.

It constantly changes & that's okay.

Will we recover from this? Absolutely.
    It might take a little while for the daily grind to return to normal & the economy will recover too.

Like all things, both good & bad: This Too Shall Pass

Hang in there.

I pictured the kitten hanging in there. . .thank you. :'(
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Well today is World Autism Day....I'm wearing blue for my son and to show support for embracing our differences ....💙

That is what's been on my mind the last two days and honestly it's been such a nice break from our new reality but I got some disturbing news last night.

My 82 yr old mom, who was forgetting to take her meds and or that she even had any left after my sister picked up a ninety day supply ....when she gets anxious she forgets to even eat properly ....she has just survived breast cancer and has high blood pressure etc....but lives a relatively independent life in a condo of a senior living environment .....we decided since my sister was home and both her and her hubby and two small kids have been home working and out of school for weeks that mom would be best there as she has the room and is closest etc. All has been perfect the past week her memory was much better ...her eating and meds all spot on.

My sister called me last night...

My brother inlaw came down with a fever, chills, headache and shortness of breath the other day.....

We basically moved my mom out of the pan and into the fire 😣

If we do everything right and still cant keep safe then how the hell can these front line folks and the very vulnerable remain safe with smoke and mirrors they are provided 💔

Its so discouraging and the bottom line is decisions will be made....then revised and re-revised again til we get better protection for those in need, we ALL social distance and we find a vaccine and/or a cure.🙏

Until then all I can do is pray...it comforts me and is all I can do while feeling so helpless to help....

Cyber hugs and elbow bumps my friends....I wish you all well!❤

💙❤️
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,844 Member
    Options
    Well today is World Autism Day....I'm wearing blue for my son and to show support for embracing our differences ....💙

That is what's been on my mind the last two days and honestly it's been such a nice break from our new reality but I got some disturbing news last night.

My 82 yr old mom, who was forgetting to take her meds and or that she even had any left after my sister picked up a ninety day supply ....when she gets anxious she forgets to even eat properly ....she has just survived breast cancer and has high blood pressure etc....but lives a relatively independent life in a condo of a senior living environment .....we decided since my sister was home and both her and her hubby and two small kids have been home working and out of school for weeks that mom would be best there as she has the room and is closest etc. All has been perfect the past week her memory was much better ...her eating and meds all spot on.

My sister called me last night...

My brother inlaw came down with a fever, chills, headache and shortness of breath the other day.....

We basically moved my mom out of the pan and into the fire 😣

If we do everything right and still cant keep safe then how the hell can these front line folks and the very vulnerable remain safe with smoke and mirrors they are provided 💔

Its so discouraging and the bottom line is decisions will be made....then revised and re-revised again til we get better protection for those in need, we ALL social distance and we find a vaccine and/or a cure.🙏

Until then all I can do is pray...it comforts me and is all I can do while feeling so helpless to help....

Cyber hugs and elbow bumps my friends....I wish you all well!❤

I hope your brother in law recovers quickly, and that no one else in your family catches it, especially not your mom.

I’m gonna go change into something blue. 🤗
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    The news can't have anything but "Covid 19" in the headlines... How boring.

But did you hear that pink eye might be a symptom
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    The news can't have anything but "Covid 19" in the headlines... How boring.

But did you hear that pink eye might be a symptom

really? Not to be all conspiracy-ish but I’m pretty sure we all had something very *kitten* similar back in late January