Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap Sat. 4/4 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings = Fitbit 4,753 steps, 250+ 9/14 & 17 floors :/
    2) Net calories green (not sure about supper) / 14c water = Using things in freezer & pantry so tried new recipe for pesto linguini & shrimp ~ yum! Net cals -80 :| sodium green :smiley: sugar -12 ice cream for dessert :D fiber & protein low :/ 9c water :(
    3) Enjoy day with hubby :)<3
    4) Complete census online :)
    5) Walk dog maybe (cooler & windy), otherwise rest day :)
    6) Floss / retainers :s:s

JFT Palm Sunday 4/5 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green (not sure about supper again, maybe order from local restaurant for pick up) / 14c water
    3) Enjoy day with hubby
    4) Watch church service on video
    5) Walk dog
    6) Floss / retainers

This morning I learned from a choir friend that an elderly friend of ours from church passed away yesterday from a stroke ~ so sad. His wife is late 70s and we see each other frequently at the area 5K races we both enter. They both have played Santa and Mrs. Claus, with their naturally white hair, in the annual holiday parade for which I volunteer staged for over 25 years. He is going to be sorely missed. But I can't help but think he went to join Jesus for Palm Sunday!

Enough lazing about today, although I did wash blanket & comforter (cat threw up, thank you very much) from our bedroom already. Time to get out, enjoy the sunshine, and make dog happy.

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰
    Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 [10X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 1, 2, 3 [3X]
    🐰🐰🐰

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    4/4
    1) Log food - yes
    2) Yoga - yes
    3) Dumb bell work out - no
    4) Hike - yes
    5) Coaching cast day 2 - yes
    6) Do not look at work email - yes

4/5
    1) Log food
    2) Yoga
    3) Hike
    5) Coaching cast
    6) Do not look at work email
  • smhughes6578
    smhughes6578 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello packerfaninGB,
    Could you please explain how you do a lymphatic massage?
    Thank you.
    Sarah
  • smhughes6578
    smhughes6578 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello all...

Is there someone on here who can answer me this puzzle? :smile:

I am not sure if I completely understand calories needed in relation to calories burned.
    Every day, I go into my Fitness Pal account (I tell them how much I weigh and what my weight loss goal is; then log in daily and log my food and exercise).

The Food journal says that my total calorie goal for the day is 1,200; when I add my cardio exercises for the day the number of calories “goal” for the day increases.

For example: today I start out with 1,200 calories. As I logged the cardio exercises I’ve done, it says “[I’ve] earned 269 extra calories from exercise today”. Bringing the “Daily Goal” for calories up to 1,469… if I only eat 1,125 calories, will that cause my body to hold onto the weight because I still have 344 calories remaining?

Or am I supposed to eat 1,469 calories to make up for the calories burned?

Thank you so much for your help.

Sarah
    P.S. Trying to lose 35lbs.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    Hello all...

I am not sure if I completely understand calories needed in relation to calories burned.
    Every day, I go into my Fitness Pal account (I tell them how much I weigh and what my weight loss goal is; then log in daily and log my food and exercise).

The Food journal says that my total calorie goal for the day is 1,200; when I add my cardio exercises for the day the number of calories “goal” for the day increases.

For example: today I start out with 1,200 calories. As I logged the cardio exercises I’ve done, it says “[I’ve] earned 269 extra calories from exercise today”. Bringing the “Daily Goal” for calories up to 1,469… if I only eat 1,125 calories, will that cause my body to hold onto the weight because I still have 344 calories remaining?

Thank you so much for your help.

Sarah
    P.S. Trying to lose 35lbs.

For me personally to lose I would only eat half of my exercise calories back. I found it took me a few weeks of being consistent to find what worked best for me.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Hello all...

Hi Sarah!

MFP is designed to put your calorie goal at a deficit so you lose weight according to the stats you entered. If you burn extra calories, you’re supposed to eat those calories back to maintain the same deficit. If you don’t eat at least some of them back you’ll run the risk of under-eating. (Especially at a 1200 calorie goal. That’s the minimum a female should eat without any exercise.)

Some of the fit bit devices tend to over estimate calories, so as Snowflake said, you might want to eat a little less than the full amount it calculated.

If you want a more detailed answer, I suggest posting this question in one of the other boards. The “Getting Started” board has some folks there that can break it down for you better than I can!

Good luck!
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    SUNDAY:
    - Virtual church🟢
    - Log🟢
    - Stay green🔴
    - Exercise🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Laundry🔴
    - Birthday drive-by caravan for a friend🟢
    - Pick another house project🔴

We had a nice day catching up with family yesterday. We’ve been in isolation for 3 weeks now and everyone needed a little break. We saw two sets of grandparents and 3 aunts. We did quick stops from the driveway. Never got out of the car, but the girls loved it and so did the family. I worry about my mom the most. She’s on her own.

JFT MONDAY:
    - Homeschool
    - Log
    - Stay green
    - Exercise
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Get outside (might hit 60 today!) Home projects can wait for a cold/rainy day.

Bunny challenge: 10k steps in nice weather or an indoor workout when I can’t get outside
    March 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 2,3,4,5
    🐰🐰🐰🐰

Be well💕
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Darn you vacation!
    Not really hitting my goals this last weekend
    Stayed green but enjoyed a little too much beer

Goals for Monday
    Workout
    500 cal in green
    No beer
    Lawn work
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    JFT Goals for Monday, April 6, 2020

Log everything today
    Be mindful of everything I eat
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do at least 1 chair exercise video for seniors (at least 5 min)
    Do stretching video in full
    Declutter rest of DGD items in living room
    Do Yard cleanup for at least 15 minutes.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »

Next: Does anyone have some creative ideas to share on entertaining children inside the home and burning some much needed energy? The children in our household are constantly saying they're bored and they have allergies, so with the pollen being so heavy right now, outdoors is almost completely off the play list. I would love to get some good feedback on this. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    . Here's a couple of ideas that have been proposed in a local on-line group ---
    Using the cardboard tube from a used roll of toilet paper, have the kids make cars, trucks, farm equipment ... using the tubes, paint, toys, etc ... using their imaginations.
    a899apnh114o.png
    a6t8q2y2ujny.png
    43koe8nvi41s.png
    Here's a link to a site that is a virtual drawing class. It also has links to other things that you can do with kids to help them stay engaged and involved in something creative.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/dav-pilkey-captain-underpants-will-host-virtual-drawing-classes-kids/?utm_source=FB&fbclid=IwAR1eWWgSXC6InClXTByJ7-re5Q_W37SNevdTxM2iJEB66ORYn-9-q2rY3uE
    Good Luck. I'm sure it's really challenging juggling all you have to do during this very stressful situation. Sending prayers and blessings. Regards, Cesse o:)

😍😀 Oh how cute... Great idea. Hey @cesse47 Thank you for sharing it means a lot. That was very kind of you🌹