What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Breakfast 3yvp6iv1xk1x.jpg

Looks interesting but I don't do soft boiled egg. 🤢
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    amandaeve wrote: »
    gms488uonyq6.jpg
    qgww6iqcqns4.jpg
    tq9kgv6odpn1.jpg
    inb6dg3pzl6n.jpg
    v5klzgjjrs31.jpg
    lr1n5b4qg06g.jpg
    fut6yrjywa1b.jpg
    tf31kygxyl7b.jpg

2d & 3d pix- is that eggplant lasagna??? looks good
  • MistressPi
    Breakfast 3yvp6iv1xk1x.jpg

That sandwich looks perfect IMO. Eggs cooked just right. :)
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Starter of griddled iceberg lettuce drizzled with ranch. Tagliatelle cacio e pepe and roast okra.
    f460d0yh0a4d.jpeg
    e8zyjyed2ak9.jpeg

Your food always look delicious, I noticed you often make grilled romaine lettuce. How do you exactly grill a lettuce? Is it pan grilled or done other type? What dressing do you use?

Thanks in advance
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Kuchiness wrote: »
    Starter of griddled iceberg lettuce drizzled with ranch. Tagliatelle cacio e pepe and roast okra.

Your food always look delicious, I noticed you often make grilled romaine lettuce. How do you exactly grill a lettuce? Is it pan grilled or done other type? What dressing do you use?

Thanks in advance

I grill sturdy lettuces like iceberg and romaine. Carefully cut off a thin slice of the brown end of the stem to make your lettuce look nicer. Slice romaine in half and quarter iceberg. Drizzle olive oil on the cut sides. I grill cut sides down on a hot cast iron griddle pan. But you could use an outdoor BBQ or or broil cut side up in the oven. I like to drizzle with ranch or a little balsamic afterwards. You can also add a few dots of blue cheese and finish under the broiler so that the cheese melts into the lettuce.

This is a nice thing to do on the outdoor BBQ because it only takes a few minutes and you can serve something right away while everyone is waiting for meat to cook.
  • acpgee
    Szechuan cumin lamb and Di San Xian where I used courgette instead of green pepper.
    itlcjhx9zp7i.jpeg
  • Kuchiness

Thanks in advance

I grill sturdy lettuces like iceberg and romaine. Carefully cut off a thin slice of the brown end of the stem to make your lettuce look nicer. Slice romaine in half and quarter iceberg. Drizzle olive oil on the cut sides. I grill cut sides down on a hot cast iron griddle pan. But you could use an outdoor BBQ or or broil cut side up in the oven. I like to drizzle with ranch or a little balsamic afterwards. You can also add a few dots of blue cheese and finish under the broiler so that the cheese melts into the lettuce.

This is a nice thing to do on the outdoor BBQ because it only takes a few minutes and you can serve something right away while everyone is waiting for meat to cook

Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips🙏🙏
  • Kuchiness

Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips 🙏🙏
  • acpgee
    Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips 🙏🙏

I haven't tried it personally but imagine a cast iron frying pan you can heat up to high temperature would work for grilling salad.
  • MistressPi

Thanks in advance

This is a nice thing to do on the outdoor BBQ because it only takes a few minutes and you can serve something right away while everyone is waiting for meat to cook.

Thanks for the method. One of my favorite restaurant salads is a grilled Caesar that this one place makes. It is so scrumptious. I will have to try this.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    p8fm2p9hhgvd.jpg

Spiced carrot and chickpea over a kale and feta salad with 11% Krema yogurt underneath. Vegetarian and very filling!

Those carrots look delish!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Chicken wings, Kidney bean rice with celery sticks!
    uuxv4ss6pedt.jpg
    t48duhmi2hgr.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Made a loaf of almond- flax bread. I added in a bit of grated Romano cheese and it emerged with a nice crispy crust. 😋

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

This could be either really yummy or not...which one was it? Do you mind sharing your recipe (that is if it turned out 🤣)?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Made a loaf of almond- flax bread. I added in a bit of grated Romano cheese and it emerged with a nice crispy crust. 😋

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

This could be either really yummy or not...which one was it? Do you mind sharing your recipe (that is if it turned out 🤣)?

@PAPYRUS3 haha lol!

It did come out good! Although this loaf came out with a face only a mother could love. 😉

I’ll grab the recipe for you!