"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF!!! Today I'm gonna clean out my gutters before it storms this weekend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Pulled pork sandwich for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    Weekend Blues

Working on liking myself Unconditionally

I don't seem to find my weekends as enjoyable nowadays, I wonder why hahaha. Only thing this quarantine is good for is giving me ample time to workout each day. But on the bright side it's finally nice enough where I live to start grilling!

Cardio: Day 14 Rest Day

Strength: N/A

Assessment: Hamburgers and baked beans

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Well I got the first story gutters all cleaned out. But not so good on the second story. Supposed to rain all weekend so I'll be doing most of my workouts on my treadclimber and Bioforce.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Today I'm working on cleaning out our entertainment system of old stuff. Gonna be a lot of stuff getting tossed out today.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Wish I could say it to her in real life. Happy Birthday mom. You would have been 94 today. It's only been since last July you passed and I miss talking to you so bad. I love you.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Trying to figure out something to fix today.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, cable pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and corn for dinner.

• LargeEricS
    Still here

Diet is getting better every week which I'm please about. On the other hand Insanity gets worse every day. I'm ready for the gym to reopen hahaha

Cardio: Day 20 (plyo circuit) 450 cal.

Assessment: Impossible Cheesburger Pie

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Today I'm breaking my indoor grill down and cleaning the crap out of it.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! Laundry day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Salisbury steak and rice for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    Friday

Three weeks of Insanity in the books. Glad today is rest day as insanity is brutal on the joints, but not standing still either. Little yoga for some deep stretching sounds just right. Diet has been on point all week and hoping the scale agrees. If it doesn't I can see and feel it so who cares.

Cardio: 30min lite yoga (200)

Assessment: Chicken, Rice and Red skin potatoes

• ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    Friday

Three weeks of Insanity in the books. Glad today is rest day as insanity is brutal on the joints, but not standing still either. Little yoga for some deep stretching sounds just right. Diet has been on point all week and hoping the scale agrees. If it doesn't I can see and feel it so who cares.

Cardio: 30min lite yoga (200)

Assessment: Chicken, Rice and Red skin potatoes
    Are you doing the whole series? Where it changes week to week? And assuming you're doing it streaming vs having the DVD collection?

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Lol, okay got one of the toughest jobs to do yet. Helping my DD clean out her room!

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Fish sticks and salad!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! A little bit of yard work today.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lasagne for dinner last night.

• LargeEricS
    edited April 2020
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Are you doing the whole series? Where it changes week to week? And assuming you're doing it streaming vs having the DVD collection?
    I'm going to TRY and do the whole series hahaha. I ironically have the DVDs from my high school days, when I attempted the series once before(didn't finish though). And yes the workouts go back and forth throughout the week and switch in month two.

I know these aren't the typical workouts people post on here. But I'm not a very knowledgeable lifter, having started my fitness journey 1.5 yrs ago. What I do know about lifting comes from a routine I have down from a friend who was an amateur body builder, and went to school for two semester(before switching, no demand in our area) to be a personal trainer. Obviously that doesn't make him a genius as everyone tries/thinks they're a body builder too. However he was jacked, and if I could obtain even half of what he had I'd be happy. I was originally 285 lbs and flat out a fat *kitten* no way around it. I got engaged and decided to do something about it. He helped me shed 70lbs, and I couldn't have been happier. Fast forward to switching jobs and living in a truck, driving all day and I'm 240lbs again and just trying to trim down before we can hit the gym together again. For the record I dont have single piece of home equipment not even a dumbbell or set of bands lol. The gym in my town was much more cost effective and they had everything already.
  • LargeEricS
    Still here lol

I tend to skip some days on here, but take solace in knowing I just forget during my days to post. I am getting my workouts in and staying on point. Also if it seems like I do this plyo everyday I don't, only twice a week. Just so happens that seems to be one of the days I always post. I do hate this day the most, maybe subconsciously trying to get motivated to do it??? Anywho 3 weeks in and down 5lbs!!!

Cardio: Day 24 (plyo 425 cal)

Strength: N/A till my gym reopens

Assessment: spaghetti and turkey meatballs
  • ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

I'm going to TRY and do the whole series hahaha. I ironically have the DVDs from my high school days, when I attempted the series once before(didn't finish though). And yes the workouts go back and forth throughout the week and switch in month two.

I know these aren't the typical workouts people post on here. But I'm not a very knowledgeable lifter, having started my fitness journey 1.5 yrs ago. What I do know about lifting comes from a routine I have down from a friend who was an amateur body builder, and went to school for two semester(before switching, no demand in our area) to be a personal trainer. Obviously that doesn't make him a genius as everyone tries/thinks they're a body builder too. However he was jacked, and if I could obtain even half of what he had I'd be happy. I was originally 285 lbs and flat out a fat *kitten* no way around it. I got engaged and decided to do something about it. He helped me shed 70lbs, and I couldn't have been happier. Fast forward to switching jobs and living in a truck, driving all day and I'm 240lbs again and just trying to trim down before we can hit the gym together again. For the record I dont have single piece of home equipment not even a dumbbell or set of bands lol. The gym in my town was much more cost effective and they had everything already.
    That's good. I personally learned from a bodybuilder and then 4 years later competed myself in local amatuer shows. Never won cause I was 4 inches taller than most of the guys I competed against and looked skinny next to them. But later went on to get my certification and I've been instructing ever since.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Gonna start little by little and start caulking and painting the trim on the house.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.

• LargeEricS
    Hey

Shaun T calls it recovery day, I call it leg day. All bodyweight squats, lunges, pulses, holds. at least when the gym reopens I won't have to work on them. Everyday will be arm day lol

Cardio: Day 25 (Recovery 300 cal)

Assessment: spaghetti and turkey meatballs as leftovers
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Working on painting the trim on my house.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, cable pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Keilbasa sausage and salad for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    Wednesday

All out cardio with some nice core work at the end. Still waiting for this stimulus money. I'm still working but the old lady's hours are cut way down. Will be nice once we get it!

Cardio: Day 26 (Pure Cardio 400 cal)

Assessment: Homemade Chili