April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I saw the virtual race too, the medal is great.

I have rest day today and I'm good with that, it's windy and chilly and yucky. At least all the tornado activity missed us.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY UPDATE - Pastor Vincent vs Boston!

So, this was a cut back week. I guess I just overachieved. :)

It's all in the perspective! Love this!!!!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Sounds like a rough day. I hope you get some rest and can run tomorrow.
    They are limiting the numberof people allowed in the store here and would have let the mom in with kids, but not both parents plus kids. Plus they have signs on the floor at the registers and they are doing a decent job of enforcing it. But some people are just always going to be rude.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart.
    They did have the signs on the floor, but they were ignoring them. Obviously. I did notice, and found interesting, that they had made little squares out of painter's tape at the self check counters and people were tending to stand in those. But a round sign on the floor seemed to do nothing. They had people standing at the doors going in and coming out, but they really weren't doing anything. I like the idea of not letting an entire family go in, but letting a mom (dad) go in with the kids.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @Tramboman ! Had I been a dinosaur, that family would have been eaten. LOL

@hanlonsk I hope you get to see your boyfriend soon. That must be hard. Love the care packages. The stores here are still depleted of cleaning supplies. I did see lots of bleach yesterday, but no wipes, few paper towels, and very little TP. Thankfully, I have plenty of all of those things. I did look in the total opposite direction from that family. I wasn't going to breath in their air. Great job on the running front too!

Sorry you had such a hard run on Saturday @shanaber . I try to keep my toenails cut really short so my nails don't dig into their neighbors. That is so painful. Glad yesterday's run was better.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent That picture is me to a t!

4/1: 7.75m
    4/2: 4m
    4/3: 2.5m
    4/4: 7.25m
    4/5: 13.5m
    4/6: 1.25m
    4/8: 7m
    4/9: 4m
    4/10: 3.75m
    4/11: 7.5m
    4/12: 15.25m
    4/13: 1.5m
    4/14: 4m
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My 10K has not been canceled yet. I expect it will be. My entire family signed up to run or walk it with me and parents are quite upset that the race organizers will not refund their money. I explained to my parents the idea that our race money will keep the race available in this area for the future, but they don’t get that. They want to call their credit cards. Since you all have more experience in this area, is the right thing to do to just forget about the money? It doesn’t seem like a lot of money to me in the big scheme of things, but for my parents it’s currently a big deal to them.

Unrelated, when you post long posts, do you compose in another app and copy and past or type it all out on your phone?