WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Watching a bit of TV then going to bed...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    :heart: Good News :heart:

Coronavirus pandemic pressure eased by children's chalk messages and letters of thanks
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-15/coronavirus-pandemic-mental-health-eased-by-childrens-creativity/12126646

"From teddy bear hunts and rainbows, to chalk messages and letters of thanks, children appear to be taking the initiative when it comes to staying positive during the coronavirus crisis."

:) When we were out cycling yesterday, there were a few chalk messages, especially one huge flower with the message "Keep Smiling". :)

Chalk messages and drawings on streets are bringing hope during the coronavirus pandemic
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-02/coronavirus-covid-19-chalk-messages-on-streets-around-australia/12102778

""It was something for the kids to make them feel connected to other people, because obviously they're feeling a little bit uncertain about staying at home and what this means, and not being able to go to the playground and the park," Ms Turner said."

:) The suburb where we cycle also has lots of teddy bears in the windows. :) Have you gone on a "teddy bear hunt" in your neighbourhood yet? :)

Socially distant bear hunts popping up all around the world to distract children from coronavirus
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-25/coronavirus-bear-hunts-around-the-world-including-melbourne/12085168

"teddy bears and rainbows are beginning to pop up in gardens, windows and on fences around the world to create some social-distancing magic for children during the global coronavirus pandemic."

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Your new kettle is a beauty. I love the proportions and design. Enjoy!!! :star:

Penny: Your husband is undoubtedly brilliant. Making sure the girls and women have a good education is the best possible foundation for success. :star:

RV Rita: Sending happy thoughts your way. Your chard looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

Rebecca: Your middle sister almost makes me feel lucky to be an only child. I know you are an excellent friend and I’ll bet anything you are an awesome sister. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Sending good thoughts for Vince and his visit to the cardiologist. I hope all goes well. :star:

Barbie: I do all the shopping for us these days. DH has autoimmune issues and it is better that he stays at home. I don’t mind. I shop and he pays bills. I think I’m getting the easier part of the deal. :bigsmile:

Machka: I love the children’s chalk messages. :heart: I also love the socially distant bear hunts to help the children feel happier. What a wonderful idea. :star;

Have a good evening and a great day tomorrow that includes kindness and joy. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    Another good news story ...

Coronavirus restrictions see Australians head outdoors in big numbers to stay healthy
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-15/coronavirus-restrictions-see-aussies-head-outside-to-get-active/12148484

It's not my imagination that I'm seeing a lot more people out there walking, jogging, cycling etc. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Working on assignments.

One paper is about Qualitative Research: strategies, data collection techniques and analysis techniques with experiences of smart phone users with different types of text input assistance in mind.

One paper focuses on impacts of smartphones from the perspectives of technological determinism, uses determination and social determination.

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Today we would have been in Trondheim, just strolling around the town. Not on a tour. The weather is rain, wind and 3°C.
    :D:D:D
    I think I might have stayed on the ship and gone to the craft class and had a swim. :o

Hope to go for a 5k run this afternoon. Weather absolutely fabulous again. B) Will probably keep down the west end where there are fewer people and a wide promenade.
    Machka - Brighton and Hove is the second slimmest place in the UK. After Kensington and Chelsea. Even in normal times I think every single person is running and cycling, or at least walking. Yoga on the lawns. Of course, it is a privileged place economically. That might change as the economy will take a huge hit with its restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres, all closed. :'(

My friend has booked us another Zoom session for next Wednesday. <3

Must do some writing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Oh Luci, what a delicious granddaughter. <3<3<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    auntiebk yup that was in SF and Alcatraz. good eye
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka could you share a pic of Jasmine pining/flirting/teasing outside Rhody’s window?

She's hard to photograph as she disappears when she sees us!

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    LUCI ~ I can remember coloring my hair and cutting it at 5 in the morning. LOL The baby is such a doll! I can well understand how tired you must feel after watching over her every day as I watched both my grands until they were a year old.

MICHELE ~ Jessie is so lucky to have you as a mom...making her special cookies!

ALLIE ~ My son has applied for unemployment as his restaurant totally closed down. So far, he has not heard anything and when he calls the help line he only gets recordings. No one ever answers.

LISA ~ That photograph is brilliant. How did she get the world map in his eye?

Have been reading but not taking notes, so can only wish all who need it hugs and prayers!

Carol in GA