WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @SophieRosieMom your friend is right not to have joined the crowd. i dislike moralists but i find it irresponsible to be gathering together close, maskless, etc. do nice of you to provide a mask for your friend. i wish i had a sewing machine. i have a mask though, but it would be nice to be able to make one or some. they said, a couple of days ago that they were giving million out to Parisiens "in the next days"

@Machka9 wow that is a huge fine. Here well there is no work so no work gatherings but some are fined 135 1st offense, 200 2nd offense and well over 1000 and possible 6 months jail time for 3rd offense. (i don't know if they really have put people in jail). scary dream.

@Barbiecat true a great computer and a freezer are good thing to have now.

@Katla49 who did you give the masks to finally. your daughter wanted to give you masks you got for your son? True there are more and more on sale online now.

@kevrit nice mask.

@spikeyhair i'm really sorry about your friend. that is very sad and also frightening. with the dying lady, it might depend. that is really sad. if she catches covid19 in addition that could be more suffering and a faster death. it's such a hard situation though.

@LuciBThinner do you have paper towels or can you use torn newspaper?

@trucker743 hi i'm feeling better today. i really don't think it was low grade pneumonia. i think maybe it was allergies (hay fever) plus eating a tad of dairy (in a frozen quiche). i can usually eat a little dairy but tend to avoid it in pollen season. i didn't realize it but we are in high pollen season here for some trees. i don't drink enough water that's true. i never knew a cat that fetched well. it sounds fun.

@janetr7476 that's horrible about the vehicle and tools.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    better day today. worked on classes and gave class. usually kids are happy to leave after 2h most times but now they want to stay and stay. they are so bored. one of them didn't realize that we are in for at least 8 wks of quarantine (at least 4 more weeks). i had a nice day and went for a short walk at 8 ish. (still light out). i took an antihistamine (with much hesitation) and feel much better. i only have one left i think. my landlady is a dr so i may ask her for a prescription to avoid having a useless online drs appointment or buying over the counter out of pocket.

hungry tired. no classes for 9 days.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Penny - The kale is just an accompaniment to the chicken dish. It doesn't go in it, but I thought the sourness of the lemon dish would compliment the slightly bitter kale. :D
    Do you have preserved lemons where you live? You can make your own at home, but, when I did, they went 'off' more quickly than the commercial ones. It's a Moroccan recipe. You also need saffron.
    If you can get those ingredients I'll write out the recipe. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I can't get preserved lemons, but I've got fast internet, so I've found both instructions on how to preserve lemons and how combine them with free-range chicken and saffron and some of my other favorite spices in a tagine, courtesy of the Hairy Bikers :D Odds-on they're the source of your recipe. :laugh: What do you do to the kale?

/Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    It's not Hairy Bikers, but I'm sure their recipe is great. Mine also has olives in it. I use skinless, boneless chicken thighs, though my original recipe uses a whole chicken. It also puts a bit of chicken liver in at the end, but I don't bother with that. I love the recipe, which has a taste unlike anything else. I often cook it for guests.
    I also had it in a posh hotel in Morocco and mine was better. :D
    I found the preserved lemons I made were good, but they did develop mould after a while. I should have kept them in the fridge after the salt had done its work.
    Good luck! You can also use the lemons in other tagine and couscous dishes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Feeling down today spoke to relative of our friend actually she is the sister of the widower. She said he is alone can’t see kids or grandkids. I posted a card through door earlier. Also a long time neighbour who has been ill for some time was in hospital not CV she was brought home today as she is dying. Her grandkids were standing around outside house. Personally am I wrong but lady is dying does it make sense to keep family from saying goodbye
    Sorry to be so down
    DH and I are fine
    Keep yourselves safe

Kate UK ❤️

Kate If the hospital had patients with C-19, the dying grandmother could be an asymptomatic carrier, even though she is dying of something else. If so, the grandkids might be at risk in this situation, not the grandmother. So sad.

<3:'(

>>>

JanetR

Oh no! People are so desperate. Cutting catalytic converters off tailpipes and such. Sooooo sorry someone lifted your stuff, especially that cute little farm vehicle.

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Heather: I expect that most of us may yet lose friends/loved ones to this fearsome virus.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Any ideas of good exercise when your right leg muscle is sore from climbing to clean ceiling fans y your wrist hurts from falling? I got 1 good side left lol 😂. My right side went caput. Oh well God saying rest woman 👩🏼! Stayed on my calorie goal been going nicely.

Meal ideas for my next feast eluding me every calculation sends me over but I’m wanting something new ! Talk about limited choices tho I substitute up a storm lately even to make spaghetti 🍝.

Godmom of my kids work up to 20 cases luckily she still on worker’s compensation pray Gals that the Doctor will not take her off! She was born without a heart valve was in the disability classes with me as a kid.

Daughter found more cleaners so sittin pretty in her room. Dad won’t leave to grocery shop y stays in the car for church✅

Got hubby wearing his mask 😷! Woohoo 🙌 gloves 🧤 unsure. Let’s hope.

My house is so clean if I died tomorrow they’d think it was a newly built just opened the doors hospital 🏥 lol 😆.

Amber Tx

Got fish in the freezer we all hate lol 😂 I’m probably not cooking it right. Salmon any recipes that are healthy make it taste less nasty is welcomed so I can get it out of the freezer !
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 wow that is a huge fine. Here well there is no work so no work gatherings but some are fined 135 1st offense, 200 2nd offense and well over 1000 and possible 6 months jail time for 3rd offense. (i don't know if they really have put people in jail). scary dream.

Here's an article about the fines they've been giving people:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-06/coronavirus-enforcement-covid-19-gathering-laws-state-territory/12124334

They go through it State by State, describe actual incidents which have attracted fines and then emphasise the penalities.

Queensland
    The penalties: Police can issue on-the-spot fines of $1,334.50 for people and $6,672.50 for corporations breaking the two-person rule.

NSW
    The penalties: Individuals could be jailed for six months and/or fined $11,000, plus a $5,500-per-day fine if they keep breaking the rules. For corporations, those fines are $55,000 and $27,500 respectively.

Tasmania
    The penalties: Non-compliance can attract a fine of up to $16,800 or six months in jail.

Western Australia
    The penalties: The State Government says it will introduce on-the-spot fines for people who disobey self-isolating and gathering directives. The fines will be $1,000 for individuals and $5,000 businesses.

Victoria
    The penalties: Police can issue on-the-spot fines of up to $1,652 for people and $9,913 for failure to comply with public health directions about gatherings and self-isolation.

Northern Territory
    The penalties: The infringement penalty for failing to comply with Chief Health Officer directions for is $1,099 for individuals and $5,495 for businesses.

ACT
    The penalties: Individuals face a maximum fine of $8,000 while corporations could be slugged with a $40,500 fine.

South Australia
    The penalties: Individuals who don't comply with the 10-person rule can be fined $1,000, while businesses face a $5,000 fine.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Ginny- Wearing gloves but not touching ones face is key to them working. Not answering a cell phone to the face (which I see without gloves also! ) take a shower change clothes when you get home clean off the wallet y credit card 💳 (I have stopped carrying a purse 👜. ) Plus gloves keep cracked hands needing lotion from cleaning so much lately or a cut on a finger from leaving you open to the virus. Important to wear a gloves y clean your car steering wheel doorknobs any buttons you touched after also including keys 🔑. No gloves but touching face not cleaning stuff but you washed your hands after is not good either. Doesn’t help that state’s to cities in every country are not on the same page at all. They tell one country wear masks..another is told not to. One city tells a certain minority group different information than another (I can read Spanish y English so trust me some of the wording isn’t worded right that changes the meaning by 100%!!!). Some still think ones with masks on are silly. No ones on the same page so take it all with a grain of salt even Doctors to scientists are still trying to figure this all out like any pandemic. Small pox first one was stopped by grinding up a nasty old pus filled scab blowing it up ones nose dropped the 30% death rate to an amazing 3% that was when hygiene practices weren’t so pretty back then! Will get through this just do what’s best for your family we all have to decide each path ourselves best we can as we weigh all the information being tossed at us. It’s like the 3 infected dogs we still do not know why they got it but others are not by what their seeing. Yet cats 🐈 seem to be more susceptible. It’s like their kids can’t get it less bad for them now we’re seeing that’s wrong. Learning curve of a roller coaster 🎢 even Doctors y Nurses in Major hit areas are changing their views one got Daughter in touch with a mask maker same nurse who said no masks too back weeks ago over the cell to me arguing with me for always telling Daughter to get a mask! Now the base has over 6 cases That I know of.

Amber Tx

My muscle in my left legs sore now think my Peri making my muscles loose again more prone to soreness y injury going to take it easy a few days probably a period sign like the cramps that are showing tonight.

JRs been super happy today he liking Daddy being home more. Thinking of making a dessert next week not sure which but thinking I’ll need a banana y hubby only has a few won’t let me near them. Anyone else in a heater be AC fight lol?? I want it at 75-76 he wants it at 68-70 ... of course colder room temps like a Hospital probably better but feels like I’ll get darn frostbite 🥶 from the AC wars lol 😆. Good think e revising gives me hot flashes to warm up
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

beat my record in getting to work!
    missed the train and it was almost an hour b4 the next one was due to come so I rode home

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 56.54min, 149mhr, 13.9amph, 13.22mi= 514c
    apple watch- 506c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.53min, 9.53min mi, 142mhr, .49mi= 57c
    apple watch- 56c
    Jog wrk 2 sta, windy!- 4.19min, 9.28min mi, 150mhr , .45mi= 41c
    apple watch- 55c
    Bike ride sumn station 2 home, 105mph winds!! 1hr 5min 48sec, 149mhr, 11.6amph, 12.73mi= 578c
    apple watch- 526c

total cal 1190
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Machka- My lord those fines are steep in a time many aren’t working! Ours is high but only $500 but our enforcement rules are still behind yours.

Jokes
    xldl4v4jjso2.jpeg
    1dm04rcv48jy.jpeg
    wxkyb9mb1ws9.jpeg
    zslsontyazha.jpeg
    ra408iedv3q0.jpeg

Amber Tx

Goodnight friends stay safe keep strong we’re stronger than we look. Heard a beautiful story one guy beat the virus by fighting hard as he could he kept mumbling to his nurses got to get to my babies (he has a herd of daughters wife y them caught it but luckily they had Asymptomatic reaction unlike him on his respirator). He made it hone to them! He’s in a wheelchair now temporarily it looked like his Daughters y wife are so happy they couldn’t stop bouncing with joy as they hugged kissed y enjoyed every second they missed. A simple Skype call his heart rate y breathing improved every time! Their finding this to be true with many of them. We got this will loose weight to get more physically mobile as we go - As the Army says hoorah! Fight on tired troops.

Chicken song lol https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    We've had a situation already.
    Janetr OKC

I am so sorry to hear about this!! There's just something about theft that's scary and violating! Odd that the police won't come ... I think I'd call again and insist. You don't have to stand close to them when they come.

Our police are busy catching people doing things they shouldn't, and the first thing they hit them with is the fine for being out.

When I went to grocery at 6 this morning noticed a police car parked outside of the store. Didn't surprise me.
    :heart: Margarret

When I read this, I thought ... is a police car outside a grocer store unusual?

The grocery store I used to go to, near where my office building is, almost always had police in or around it to try to help prevent theft.

But I have noticed an increased police presence and the SES have joined them as well. The other day the SES checked on someone up the road to see if they were in.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Crabs 🦀 are great musicians lol
    https://youtu.be/cE0wfjsybIQ

Amber Tx

I want to buy this island relax with no chores who’s with me?