Why is being a stripper bad?

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    I would love to be a stripper but my age, job and husband prevent it lmao!

Lol.

A 4-yrs later update from the OP would be nice to see how she fared, cuz so many strippers have sad tales to tell (I've known a few)... addiction, abuse, often pressured into champagne room trysts (according to the aforementioned). There are other avenues.

I met a 23-yr old bartender recently. She worked at a beach nightclub, made more $ in 1 night than I've ever made in 1-wk & had just purchased 1 condo for herself & another for her mum. I should have learned how to make a gimlet.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

Lol.

A 4-yrs later update from the OP would be nice to see how she fared, cuz so many strippers have sad tales to tell (I've known a few)... addiction, abuse, often pressured into champagne room trysts (according to the aforementioned). There are other avenues.

I met a 23-yr old bartender recently. She worked at a beach nightclub, made more $ in 1 night than I've ever made in 1-wk & had just purchased 1 condo for herself & another for her mum. I should have learned how to make a gimlet.

Yeah, I know a couple of bartenders who are similar in banking good money a night. But, the stories are also very similar in that not all make that kind of money unless they're working in a very busy nightclub or bar. Most do okay but not good.

Strippers are similar. The run of the mill local strip joints which are smaller don't do all that well. it's the higher end clubs that cater to more affluent clientele such as stars, athletes, business districts, etc. that get the money in.

Though, in current times, strippers are out of work as well and it's webcam models who are making the money. At least until people's savings dry up from being out of work, then they'll be SoL unless they've got a rich tipper.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member

Lol.

Yeah, I know a couple of bartenders who are similar in banking good money a night. But, the stories are also very similar in that not all make that kind of money unless they're working in a very busy nightclub or bar. Most do okay but not good.

Strippers are similar. The run of the mill local strip joints which are smaller don't do all that well. it's the higher end clubs that cater to more affluent clientele such as stars, athletes, business districts, etc. that get the money in.

Though, in current times, strippers are out of work as well and it's webcam models who are making the money. At least until people's savings dry up from being out of work, then they'll be SoL unless they've got a rich tipper.

True to all the above & many other professions. Location, location, location.

And, yes, we're in the Tampa area & she works at a beach nightclub, so the money flows freely.

Have a great day!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    addiction, abuse, often pressured into champagne room trysts (according to the aforementioned).

There are no trysts in the champagne room.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I'm not gonna knock your hustle 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,111 Member
    Nothing wrong with being a stripper, but as with any profession there are pros and cons. Good money of course is one of the biggest pros....but you need to be careful. There are numerous dangers out there. A stripper in a well-managed, high end place might be a lot safer that other places....Working the pole takes tons of strength and agility...Make sure you are doing it for all the right reasons..
  • CrossFitCarnivore
    CrossFitCarnivore Posts: 34 Member
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Well...you’re about to be flooded with friend request!

• Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Sometimes you can’t just paint over something and it’s best to get down to basics before starting again
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Word
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Depends... If she's hot 🤔
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I taught him that
  • CrossFitCarnivore
    CrossFitCarnivore Posts: 34 Member
    Anybody got change for a 5
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    I taught him that

Are you pleased with me Sensai? 😁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I taught him that

Are you pleased with me Sensai? 😁

Patience grasshopper
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Depends... If she's hot 🤔

Let's go with...shes the hot one always.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    :# oh. Well. I am thinking of a career change. Do you think people will judge me? I like the cute outfits.

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions. But it's certainly better than * shudder* food service.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    :# oh. Well. I am thinking of a career change. Do you think people will judge me? I like the cute outfits.

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions.

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

......although, that would mean cleaning my office & frankly, I'm not quite up to it right now.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions.

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

......although, that would mean cleaning my office & frankly, I'm not quite up to it right now.

I wouldn't bother. There's probably a fetish niche for that.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Sometimes you can’t just paint over something and it’s best to get down to basics before starting again

you made me laugh!
    Clever!!