Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    :# oh. Well. I am thinking of a career change. Do you think people will judge me? I like the cute outfits.

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions.

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

......although, that would mean cleaning my office & frankly, I'm not quite up to it right now.

I wouldn't bother. There's probably a fetish niche for that.

Considering there are men who pay women to sit around and do their "day to day" thing while on camera (nothing sexy or naked), I would say yes. Voyeurism is a thing.
  • notmyachillesheel8
    notmyachillesheel8 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Strippers are fun, it wouldn't be a bad thing. As long as you keep your morals, but you probably wouldn't make much money then. Also not a great time to get into the profession with social distancing and all...
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    :# oh. Well. I am thinking of a career change. Do you think people will judge me? I like the cute outfits.

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions.

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

......although, that would mean cleaning my office & frankly, I'm not quite up to it right now.

Considering there are men who pay women to sit around and do their "day to day" thing while on camera (nothing sexy or naked), I would say yes. Voyeurism is a thing.

This sounds like too much work. Will they pay to watch me sit and drink and watch tv?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

This sounds like too much work. Will they pay to watch me sit and drink and watch tv?

Some do, yes. It's the voyeurism aspect that attracts them and that they're mostly paying for.

People are weird.
  • ifonlyaname
    ifonlyaname Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kids or not people should do what makes them happy! If that's stripping go for it!
  • CrossFitCarnivore
    CrossFitCarnivore Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stripped my way through college
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options

I tried, but I lost so much money having to pay people to watch. 😒
  • CrossFitCarnivore
    CrossFitCarnivore Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

I tried, but I lost so much money having to pay people to watch. 😒
    Haha!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I think stripping is bad because it objectifies women in a negative way and the environment tends to be dangerous. Many girls there are at risk for sexual assault, drug addiction, mental illness, and more. I do understand that some lucky ones won’t fall victim to these things but many do.

I went to a couple female strip clubs when I was younger because my friends and I were out and there wasn’t much else going and we were bored and curious. I am from Los Angeles and assumed that women there would make good money, but I could be wrong. The clubs I went to almost 20 years ago were on Sunset blvd. From what I saw, the money couldnt have been that great. We went on Saturday nights, there weren’t that many men there and the girls got a few measly $1 tips for their pole dances. From what I was told, private dances pay much more but the customers also expect more than just dances. Definitely NOT worth it IMO.

I do respect pole dancing as an art form but that’s a lot different than stripping imo, it is more of a sport. I am a medical professional (Physician Assistant) and had to work long and hard to get where I am and never resorted to stripping although I did a job many probably couldn’t do (human tissue recovery). I had roommates who worked as waitresses at popular restaurants like Cheesecake Factory and Houston’s and they made great money. You can make more money doing other jobs to help with college or take out loans without having to sell your body to do it. Just a thought.

What about the male strippers?

I also feel it objectifies men in a negative way although from what I have heard directly from guys who used to strip, they didn’t have the same issues with drug addiction or sexual assault that the women were at risk for. I could be wrong.

I addressed my response toward the female stripper industry since the OP is a woman. I am not a fan of either male or female strippers, don’t find them particularly entertaining, and don’t go to strip clubs aside from a couple instances in college like I mentioned. I don’t think they are bad people though.
  • jrhodes8402
    jrhodes8402 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a good or bad thing.

They all get painted with a broad brush. Is it fair? Of course not, but that's the reality of it.

If being a stripper is your goal, then do it. I'd support it lol!
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I mean. this is click bait. Clearly. But i take issue with you saying moms can't strip. Anyone can strip. Money is money. we all do what we gotta do. Who are you(The proverbial you) to judge anyone?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This post is 100% true.

I striped as a part-time job in college.

I'm neither proud or ashamed of what I had to do to make ends meet.

It was Summer work & the pay was sub-par.

We attracted little attention and we were treated poorly by the management.

It trashed my tennis shoe and my clothes.

We would measure and mark the parking lots and used either white or yellow paint.

The work was hot and low pay.

parking-lot-striping-495x351.jpg

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    This post is 100% true.

We would measure and mark the parking lots and used either white or yellow paint.

😮 This is just morally wrong. How can you even live with yourself?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    TLDR on the whole discussion. I read a story in a newspaper about a woman remembering her last day working for Jack Ruby. Jack was the fellow who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, who had earlier been accused of being the fellow who killed President Kennedy. Anyway, the woman had been a stripper. She was also a Catholic. One day after Holy Communion she asked her priest if her work as a stripper was a sin. He furrowed his brow and after a moment decided that if the customers were not touching her, then she was not sinning. He added, "I may even come to your show and see for myself". At that, she recoiled and demanded that he not do so.

From that story I concluded that she, who by the way was married to a man she described as the best safecracker in Dallas, could identify some individuals she would be ashamed to strip for.

I'm still not sure if that's a learned religious thing or a human taboo.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    This post is 100% true.

😮 This is just morally wrong. How can you even live with yourself?

I make no apologies....

plus I have a thing for yellow paint & asphalt.

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    There’s a big difference between real strip clubs and what you see in some movies. Yeah, umm, not a lot of people there to appreciate genuine artistry. :D

I think it’s great that some women have been able to do it and make great money without getting hurt in any way, but I think that’s the exception.

Like surprisingly many of you, I have a close friend who was a stripper. She’s very successful today and has triumphed over drug addiction and mostly recovered from the trauma resulting from multiple sexual assaults.

It’s not wrong to strip. It’s wrong that strippers may be treated like meat with no right to refuse sexual advances.
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wut
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Isn't bad a subjective opinion? Religious people would deem it horrible and bad, but others may think it's fine especially if the person doing it has no issue with showing off their body nude.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png