Calorie Counter

Message Boards Getting Started
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

1707172737476»

Replies

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 6,197 Member Member Posts: 6,197 Member
    Pain is the precursor to change. From the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, pain will speak to you like nothing else will.
  • curtiskat8curtiskat8 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I have been overweight for over 5 years and I just am unhappy with my choices. I want to change so I can make the next 5 years enjoyable. I want to be confident again. I want to be happy. I made the choice because I dont want to live with regret anymore and I want to make the most of my future. And being healthy is my #1 priority now.
  • brenn24179brenn24179 Member Posts: 1,954 Member Member Posts: 1,954 Member
    pain, have to let go of adult children and not eat myself todeath over them, so dealing with my emotions also the pain of not fitting in my clothes. I had a flu and ate everything in sight after feeling better and realized all this food was not solving any of my problems. All this pain was saying go in a different direction, go to Healthy people and foods.
  • dougl004dougl004 Member Posts: 92 Member Member Posts: 92 Member
    fitchick37 wrote: »
    I didn't have a big "aha" moment, it just kind of started happening from New Year. I quit booze by accident, one day just rolled in to another and I stopped wanting a glass of wine at the end of the day and started taking the anti depressants the doctor had prescribed me regularly. I'm nearly 30 pounds down from the beginning of the year and insanely proud about it. I've got 20 to go to hit 200 and then another 50 after that.

Keep up the great work!! You got this!!
    5 years later and this post is still going strong!! Keep those ah ha moments coming!!!!
  • Dogmom1978Dogmom1978 Member Posts: 528 Member Member Posts: 528 Member
    When my husband bought a used doctor office scale (they’re pretty accurate) and I weighed more than him. He’s 6 inches taller than I am.
  • Jessieb00Jessieb00 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    When I weighed in at 240 I decided that I didn't want to be inside that body anymore. I was depressed and drinking heavily at the time. I saw a new primary care doctor and she helped me get on track.
  • reducingrenee622reducingrenee622 Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    1) Health..... My personal health, and family history.
    2) Depression...... Not that my weight was to sole factor of my depression, but it didn't help it.

Currently down 56.4 since February 1!
  • nanastaci2020nanastaci2020 Member Posts: 518 Member Member Posts: 518 Member
    The first time: size 18's were becoming uncomfortable/tight and I did not want to buy 'plus size' clothing.

The first time that really 'stuck' with me, so that I continued and took more steps forward than backward: I had gone back to school, and walking on campus between parking and classes wore me out. It was the first time that I felt my life was harmed/impacted by my weight.
  • Nikki31104Nikki31104 Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    echofm1 wrote: »
    I went to the doctor's and she hounded me about my weight before she even asked why I was there (which I was a bit upset about). She encouraged me to see a nutritionist, which was free through work. I agreed to see the nutritionist, dropped the doctor, and started MFP to track what I was eating for the nutritionist to see. Turned out it was a lot easier to manage than I'd ever thought, so I kept on doing it. Seeing the scale near 350 pounds was definitely a wake up call too.

Happy to say that I've been here a year and a half, am at 246 currently, and still going strong on my goal towards a healthy BMI.

YES!!!! You are amazing.
    Nikki31104 wrote: »
    echofm1 wrote: »
    I went to the doctor's and she hounded me about my weight before she even asked why I was there (which I was a bit upset about). She encouraged me to see a nutritionist, which was free through work. I agreed to see the nutritionist, dropped the doctor, and started MFP to track what I was eating for the nutritionist to see. Turned out it was a lot easier to manage than I'd ever thought, so I kept on doing it. Seeing the scale near 350 pounds was definitely a wake up call too.

Happy to say that I've been here a year and a half, am at 246 currently, and still going strong on my goal towards a healthy BMI.

YES!!!! You are amazing.

Glad you dropped that inconsiderate doc and keep dropping those pounds!! Healthy BMI here we come. Keep pushing towards your goal. You've done a fabulous job so far.
    The first time: size 18's were becoming uncomfortable/tight and I did not want to buy 'plus size' clothing.

The first time that really 'stuck' with me, so that I continued and took more steps forward than backward: I had gone back to school, and walking on campus between parking and classes wore me out. It was the first time that I felt my life was harmed/impacted by my weight.

I feel you. I'm determined not to buy a new wardrobe in a bigger size. We can do this!!
    1) Health..... My personal health, and family history.
    2) Depression...... Not that my weight was to sole factor of my depression, but it didn't help it.

Currently down 56.4 since February 1!

Wow down almost 60 lbs in 5 months you are super woman!! Keep it up.
  • LyallatronLyallatron Member Posts: 32 Member Member Posts: 32 Member
    Saw my reflection in a shop window and thought ‘that’s not me’. I want to do this for me. I want to feel good.