Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

To Keto or Not To Keto?

maggiemax18maggiemax18 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
Everything I hear is either "OMGGGGG you must go Keto, I lost a bazillion pounds!"

Or it's "Don't go keto. The minute you eat anything not keto, you gain SO much weight."

Replies

• J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,657 Member Member Posts: 5,657 Member
  • mdmccall34mdmccall34 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    I have been on keto since feb 1, almost 2 months. I have lost 12 pounds. I try different meals to help keep me on track. I don’t eat pork or beef. So I do a lot of Salmon, turkey, chicken and shrimp and a lot of vegetables
  • ataleforthetimebeingataleforthetimebeing Member Posts: 80 Member Member Posts: 80 Member
    May ask your physician first before you get on any diet. I think keto can be a wonderful diet for some people but what happens when you deny yourself carbohydrates? How does it affect your health? Those are things to consider.

Another way to go about it is to gradually reduce your carb intake rather than reducing all at once. Stay observant and keep track of the changes you feel daily.
  • Jin_tanJin_tan Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    If you could give up pasta and bread, go have a try
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,291 Member Member Posts: 24,291 Member
    Jin_tan wrote: »
    If you could give up pasta and bread, go have a try

Why?
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 633 Member Member Posts: 633 Member
    I tried Keto as a quick fix two years ago. Didn't ever track my calories and was successful dropping 45lbs.
    It was easy to give up bread/pasta (never really cared for it) but continually depriving yourself of things like fruit or chocolate etc is not great mentally. For me it became very restrictive- planning where we ate in advance etc, which doesn't work with our lifestyle as we like to travel.

Idn- it works for some people, but it is restrictive
    I'd much rather personally just track my food and eat what I want.