Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

To Keto or Not To Keto?

13»

Replies

  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 626 Member Member, Premium Posts: 626 Member
    something broderick posted up today on FB
    obviously a rodent study, would be interesting to see if it affects humans
    in the same way long term

    ozypvkura4j8.png
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,237 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,237 MFP Moderator
    watts6151 wrote: »
    something broderick posted up today on FB
    obviously a rodent study, would be interesting to see if it affects humans
    in the same way long term

    ozypvkura4j8.png

    It's been awhile but I believe the evidence suggest a temporary impairment to glucose regulation in humans. I believe its a day or two.

    Personally, my refeeds do well but if i consume high carb high fat, it seems fat accumulation comes quickly and its hard to get my weight back down.
  • shonnakraft89shonnakraft89 Member Posts: 286 Member Member Posts: 286 Member
    I do dirty keto usually, but I also take my pruvit ketones(my magical unicorn juice🤣) and ot makes sticking to it and losing weight a breeze.
  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 626 Member Member, Premium Posts: 626 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »
    something broderick posted up today on FB
    obviously a rodent study, would be interesting to see if it affects humans
    in the same way long term

    ozypvkura4j8.png

    It's been awhile but I believe the evidence suggest a temporary impairment to glucose regulation in humans. I believe its a day or two.

    Personally, my refeeds do well but if i consume high carb high fat, it seems fat accumulation comes quickly and its hard to get my weight back down.

    Would be interested to see a study on long term keto in humans, I’m assuming a long term study in rodants would equate to decades for humans
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,237 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,237 MFP Moderator
    watts6151 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »
    something broderick posted up today on FB
    obviously a rodent study, would be interesting to see if it affects humans
    in the same way long term

    ozypvkura4j8.png

    It's been awhile but I believe the evidence suggest a temporary impairment to glucose regulation in humans. I believe its a day or two.

    Personally, my refeeds do well but if i consume high carb high fat, it seems fat accumulation comes quickly and its hard to get my weight back down.

    Would be interested to see a study on long term keto in humans, I’m assuming a long term study in rodants would equate to decades for humans

    I agree. It would be very fascinating.
Sign In or Register to comment.