What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• distortedvision78
    distortedvision78 Posts: 43 Member
    Today's dinner.

2020-04-30-23.jpg

#cleaneating
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Lunch - salad with fried rice and tempeh
    Dinner- lentils... jambalaya? With roasted cabbage wmmr12tea4b7.jpeg
    v56atf5x2o1g.jpeg
    cb9jjs5s6run.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Today's dinner. #dirtyeating

Fish n things. Yes I do eat a lot of fish, so sue me haha

oaczibqxkz8y.jpg

My husband doesn't eat meat (spit it out as a child and they tried to make him eat it). So, I respect that and the majority of my pasta dishes are without meat. However he will eat fish, and I too, cook it often. He has always been thin and it drives me crazy because he eats cheeses and deserts.

Also, cooking fish is an art. It can get dry really fast if overcooked. My compliments.
  • snowflake954
    Today's dinner. #dirtyeating

Fish n things. Yes I do eat a lot of fish, so sue me haha

oaczibqxkz8y.jpg

Fantastic--as always!
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Baked tofu with broccoli and spring rolls! I stuffed it with turkey, veggie and flavored it with ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
    sk677gcj1blw.jpg
    60syna6mngwh.jpg

This looks fantastic!
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti w clams (Veraci type), garlic, EVOO, chopped tomatoes, red pepper, black pepper, and white wine (which I didn't have, so used beer).

I really hope ppl here look at your pics and do take a notice of how Italians cook their pasta dishes vs the north american way.

You mean "al dente" instead of overcooked? That's so easy--use a durum grain pasta always (if using dry) and if the package says 10 min cooking time, take it out at 9 min. I always take a piece out at about 8 min and taste. Different companies can make a slight difference. When cooking pasta watch the clock like a hawk or set a timer.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Roasted chicken, potatoes and broccoli. Carrot ginger soup on the side.
    mnmqrwur1ist.jpg
    73o5f5b9q8uy.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    @kcmcbee, thanks! Spring rolls are so easy. I don't know why I don't make it more often! Kids LOVE it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Roast chicken day 4. Sesame noodles and spiralized carrot topped with chicken and julienned cucumber. Not very photogenic I’m afraid.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    @weatherking2019 How do you cook your spring rolls? Are they baked or air fried?
  • weatherking2019
    acpgee wrote: »
    @weatherking2019 How do you cook your spring rolls? Are they baked or air fried?

I air fried! For this one, I cooked the contents and wrapped it up. Then placed in the basket, sprayed oil and done!
    Less calories and much faster too.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Left over lentils in saladvpuscdr869sy.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti w clams (Veraci type), garlic, EVOO, chopped tomatoes, red pepper, black pepper, and white wine (which I didn't have, so used beer).

I really hope ppl here look at your pics and do take a notice of how Italians cook their pasta dishes vs the north american way.

You mean "al dente" instead of overcooked? That's so easy--use a durum grain pasta always (if using dry) and if the package says 10 min cooking time, take it out at 9 min. I always take a piece out at about 8 min and taste. Different companies can make a slight difference. When cooking pasta watch the clock like a hawk or set a timer.

That and drenched in heavy sauce, all kinds of cheese etc.
    I always cook my pasta 3/4 time of what it says on the box for bought. Then it all gets finished in the pan tossed with whatever and pasta water. And thats another thing, ppl typically just drain the pasta water and let the pasta sit there waiting to be covered in sauce on the plate. Also a nono in my books.

I usually drain my pasta in a colander and quickly put it back in the pot. Then I put on whatever sauce I've prepared and give it a good stir. Extra sauce is sometimes left next to the pot so extra can be put on top--like lentils, or clams (I just poured off the liquid into the pasta, stirred and let everyone put on their own clams). Normally, everyone dishes their own plates so they can take as much as they want (or not).

As I once said, I learned to cook simply from my husbands family. Fewer ingredients, but higher quality, so you can taste each one. I get your point about North America, too many things are thrown in.
  • weatherking2019

And the rice paper did not fall apart in the oven? Or are you using the yellow doughy wrappers?

a3fpo62ru9ld.png used this. And no, it's just fine! Crunchy and all.
  • jjkh5970
    jjkh5970 Posts: 466 Member
    0e7r4ysjxub7.jpeg

Ground beef casserole with spicy tomatoes and lots of cheese
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    jjkh5970 wrote: »
    0e7r4ysjxub7.jpeg

Ground beef casserole with spicy tomatoes and lots of cheese

🤤
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member

I air fried! For this one, I cooked the contents and wrapped it up. Then placed in the basket, sprayed oil and done!
    Less calories and much faster too.
    Yes should have asked but looked fried. I am going to do this soon in the new air fruer, which I have been pleased with for the most part so far. Thanks!