The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Middle-Ager here too! Trying my best to get started and stay motivated while home schooling two kids and staying in a relative lockdown in toohothothot Texas :D
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    Middle-Ager here too! Trying my best to get started and stay motivated while home schooling two kids and staying in a relative lockdown in toohothothot Texas :D

Now I'm feeling old. I don't have any kids left to home school or regular school.

Out of lockdown now anyway, but still lots of warnings and cautions in this "new normal".
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Have a good day everyone
  • ajhull11b
    ajhull11b Posts: 4 Member
    Hey everyone. 33. Getting back into the swing of things. Feel free to add me!
  • MommaGemz
    @TonyB0588 I'm in Texas, so it's safest to still lock down here. But it's also super hot summertime now, so I'd be inside anyways :D
  • MommaGemz
    @clehman71 I sure do know "the struggle" as well! I remember a time when it was super easy to lose weight, gain muscle, and feel better, but now..... every step feel like a challenge. But it's a challenge we can still succeed at! :)
  • torridcrafter
    torridcrafter Posts: 3 Member
    45 in a couple months :)
    This is a lifestyle and a journey for me after many years of being obese. I do hybrid hypertrophy/bodybuilding training and work with a coach to keep me on track. Bf and I daily track our macros and hold each other accountable. The older I get, the harder I have to work to maintain or lose...hormones suck!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    45 in a couple months :)
    This is a lifestyle and a journey for me after many years of being obese. I do hybrid hypertrophy/bodybuilding training and work with a coach to keep me on track. Bf and I daily track our macros and hold each other accountable. The older I get, the harder I have to work to maintain or lose...hormones suck!!!

Awesome transformation, @torridcrafter. You're right - it does get harder to lose as we age. But the support and encouragement from the fine people here keeps me on track.
  • blustarr505
    blustarr505 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll be 40 in December and I want to look and feel good on my bday. It’s hard to stay on track sometimes.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Hit 40 in May. Had wanted to lose 40 before then. Nope. Trying again for the umpteenth time. No guarantees, but lets see what happens!
  • jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    45, M Chicago. Need to lose 50lb. Bit ambitious since id be what I weighed in highschool. Sick of the beer gut tho. Cheers
  • Befitat40
    Befitat40 Posts: 93 Member
    41 and living my best life! Feel free to add me!
  • Another4LetterWord
    Another4LetterWord Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! I'm 31. I'm looking for MFP friends too!
  • capgordon81
    capgordon81 Posts: 105 Member
    Hey guys jow we all doing am new to this and getting use to it tips welcole to shift the fat gain th to muscle 💪 💪 💪
  • capgordon81
    capgordon81 Posts: 105 Member
    dju99guhvk2a.jpg hope can help other people and they can help mr grow
  • planehabit37
    planehabit37 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi group. At 45 Im getting back into this with my wife. Dropped 45 lbs (440lbs to 395lbs today) so far this year with another 170 lbs to go to get to my original 225 lbs.
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Happy Friday Eve Y'all.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Hi group. At 45 Im getting back into this with my wife. Dropped 45 lbs (440lbs to 395lbs today) so far this year with another 170 lbs to go to get to my original 225 lbs.

That is a fantastic loss 👏 well done. I wish you continued success
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Morning Middle-agers... woohoo for Friday 🥳
  • eh613c
    eh613c Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, I’m in my early 40s. I used to have a job where it required me to be on my feet for 8-9 hours. My new job (not really new, it’s been a year) has me sitting in a desk all day. Gained a few pounds due to being sedentary during the day. And a few more since the quarantine. I’m finding it difficult to lose the weight in my 40s than when in my 30s. I’m looking forward to some tips, advise and motivation from this community.