Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• Choirgirl37
    Options
    Tank Girl--Whatever works for you! Spreadsheet or this thread is fine. I think Ralph can read it just fine either way.

Choir Girl--The monthly challenge is to follow your food plan aka challenge level aka custom plan. It's whatever you set for yourself. The weekly and daily challenges are specific rules to follow each day or week (depending on the type of challenge it is...daily challenge=follow it that day....weekly challenge=follow it that week)...HOPE THIS CLEARS THE AIR :)

If one fails the weekly challenge, you do NOT fail the monthly challenge....here's how it works... you have 3 opportunities to earn points each day for a total of 3 points per day:

1 pt = follow your food plan aka monthly challenge-->this is why it was confusing to me too...the way it's named makes me think it's something you must do for the entire month in order to "complete"

1 pt = follow your weekly plan (see the weekly plan laid out for us each sunday or on the excel spreadsheet. i will try to update it as soon as i hear it from Ralph).

1 pt = follow your daily plan (see the daily plain laid out for us each sunday or on the excel spreadsheet. i will try to update it asap after ralph posts it here).

THEN you have opportunities to earn more points through weight loss at the end of the week:

1 pt / 1 pound lost

ALSO the ENTIRE TEAM WOMR has an opportunity to earn 5 points if EVERY PERSON was able to follow their MONTHLY PLAN aka food plan for EVERY DAY of that week....this 5 points goes to the TEAM, not the individual's points.

Hope that clears it up!

Here's the new spreadsheet revised with more clarifications in case if people are still confused:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0
    I guess it makes sense to bookmark it or add to favorites for your reference on the weekly/daily challenges and the challenge level you chose.

Thanks You. That helped me.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/2 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges (barely!)
    9/4 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges - i'm drowning in water!
    9/4 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges - quite difficult to do since I was staring at a birthday cake for 3 hours
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

Since joining the team I have lost 7 pounds. Been told it's probably water weight but every little helps. Need to add more calories to my daily food intake.

• lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WEEK TWO - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - Meatless Monday (100% veggie day)
    9/6 - No Gluten
    9/7 - 120 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 6 of the following challenges:

No alcohol
    No fast food
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day
    Minimum 2 fruit per day
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep
    No gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed
    7 hours of sleep

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan!

Remember: You be within 100 calories of your calorie limit as established by your food plan or MFP (your choice).

These challenges will get progressively harder as the weeks progress.

WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - LET DO THIS!!!!

Monday's going to be tough as I have my meals all planned already for this week and I don't have this in the plan...Oh well! I usually try to plan my meals a week in advance...
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    WEEK TWO - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - Meatless Monday (100% veggie day)
    9/6 - No Gluten
    9/7 - 120 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 6 of the following challenges:

No alcohol
    No fast food
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day
    Minimum 2 fruit per day
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep
    No gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed
    7 hours of sleep

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan!

Remember: You be within 100 calories of your calorie limit as established by your food plan or MFP (your choice).

These challenges will get progressively harder as the weeks progress.

WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - LET DO THIS!!!!

bump
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/3 – daily not meet...weekly and monthly meet
    9/4 – daily not meet..weekly not meet,.,monthly meet
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

helping son move, had fast food (which i had not had in years,,ugh!!)
  • OSUalum
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges (barely!)
    9/4 – Did NOT Complete Daily, Did Complete Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

Correction.... Sorry. I had an English muffin at breakfast. Refined flour.
    Also may be considered a processed food. (not sure about the total definition)
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/3 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges - i'm drowning in water!
    9/4 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges - quite difficult to do since I was staring at a birthday cake for 3 hours
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

Oh how I understand the birthday cake... WAY TO GO!!!!!!! that is AWESOME!!!!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    ughh...i forgot that today was no refined flour / wheat day! I had a wheat flour naan/tortilla....also a roti (both are indian foods and are made from wheat). BUT they were vegan!

i also ate some chocolates tonight ***embarassed*** NO MORE CHOCOLATES!! i start challenge level 3 today! right now! (no refined sugars)

I'm really focusing on cutting out dairy this week as my "personal" plan. So far so good!

I'm having a hard time with my monthly challenge as I cannot complete the "no processed" food part of challenge level three, however i will try my best with some exceptions (which are necessary for my current nutrition requirements and with what i have at home already)...

OK processed foods for me:
    -Natural Crunchy Peanut butter (Earth Balance brand...it's pretty natural and not heavily processed).
    -Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
    -Oils (these are processed foods too, not all are cold pressed, like sesame oil or refined coconut oil..they're processed)
    -Vegetarian Smart Dogs protein links (i know I have a BBQ planned coming up, but only plan to have at the most 2 links)
    -Vegan Butter--need it for cooking some foods and to flavor

I guess that's it...whatever else i have that is processed will just have to avoid....if I can't think of it right now at this moment, it must not be that important to eat....oh and also dehydrated foods like wakame (seaweed) and dulse (kelp), which i need for iron / iodine. Yep, dehydrated foods are PROCESSED foods too...but not as bad as other packaged processed foods.

other than these exceptions, i have been eating WAY better due to this challenge! I will also start juicing to replace 1 meal each day for 17 days starting Sept 6 (tuesday)...so WATCH MY DIARY!! Keep me accountable teammates!

Doing good everyone!

Congrats on losing 7 pounds TOPSKING!

ADD ME AS A FRIEND if you haven't already (or if i haven't already) ...Just mention WOMR in the message before you try to add me.... :)
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    BTW...

This Thursday (9/8/11) will be no processed foods day, 100% natural foods only....

I just wanted to clarify to those out there also struggling with "processed foods" .... because there are many definitions of what constitutes "processed".

If you google or wiki the words "processed foods" there are many definitions. I think for this challenge, try to come up with your own challenge as to how you want to define "processed".

For example, dehydrated wakame (seaweed) is processed since the wakame has gone through food processing via dehydration. My definition of processed will be strict for this day (thursday), and I'll probably end up eating 100% raw vegan, but for others, it could simply mean "whole foods" in the ingredient list (or natural derived foods, no chemicals, fillers, preservatives, etc).

Also, believe it or not, frozen spinach and other frozen vegetables are processed foods (processed via freezing). So just a little fyi for those who are struggling with processed foods as well.

I think just do a quick read up about it so you are aware of what it means, and then come up with your own definition / challenge as to how you will eat that day (thursday).

What do you think Ralph?
  • OSUalum
    Options
    BTW...

This Thursday (9/8/11) will be no processed foods day, 100% natural foods only....

I just wanted to clarify to those out there also struggling with "processed foods" .... because there are many definitions of what constitutes "processed".

If you google or wiki the words "processed foods" there are many definitions. I think for this challenge, try to come up with your own challenge as to how you want to define "processed".

I agree Beila. I have a long term goal to eat only whole foods. That seems so hard right now.
    I am trying my best to eat processed foods than have less than 5 ingredients...no fillers, no colorings, no MSG. Even that takes some research! Breads seem to be the most difficult, but Ezekiel brand fits.

We all have to set our own standards and goals.
    And remember this is not a sprint!!!!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    9/1 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/2 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/3 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/4 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
  • TankGirl71
    Options
    Meatless Monday - 100% veggie? So no eggs or dairy? There is no way I can eat 1700 cal worth of vegetables in one day. My stomach would explode. (or other parts of me will explode tomorrow - gross!) I am bound to fail this one way or another, either by missing my calories or eating protein in some form. :-(
    Thoughts, comments?
  • hopebuck
    Options
    Meatless Monday - 100% veggie? So no eggs or dairy? There is no way I can eat 1700 cal worth of vegetables in one day. My stomach would explode. (or other parts of me will explode tomorrow - gross!) I am bound to fail this one way or another, either by missing my calories or eating protein in some form. :-(
    Thoughts, comments?

no meat does not mean no eggs or dairy...that would be "vegan monday" .. I don't think it has to be all veggies. just no meat...that's all it says! I'm having oatmeal with blueberries, almond milk and pecans for breakfast. lunch will likely be a stir fry with tofu and i was thinking eggs with lots of veggies and a piece of toast for dinner. no meat... and not all veggies. You can sooo do this!!!!
  • hopebuck
    Options
    I also feel that we could get VERY literal on "no processed" foods, but i'm not so sure that is what all of this means either. for me it just means look for things that are not processed with white flour and sugar and especially high fructose corn syrup..nasty! i'm eating my whole grain bread (SUPER whole grain and nutty that is) and ezekial bread and to me that isn't "processed" maybe i'm wrong, but if i get way tooooo literal I'm going to fail for sure. just doing this I am eating so much better. really seems like just cuttiing out sugar eliminates so many processed foods ;)

I WISH i could eat only whole foods all the time, but I just can't commit to that right now. and I am very happy with myself right now :)

How is everyone else doing with this part of the challenge?
  • Pam3
    Options
    I also feel that we could get VERY literal on "no processed" foods, but i'm not so sure that is what all of this means either. for me it just means look for things that are not processed with white flour and sugar and especially high fructose corn syrup..nasty! i'm eating my whole grain bread (SUPER whole grain and nutty that is) and ezekial bread and to me that isn't "processed" maybe i'm wrong, but if i get way tooooo literal I'm going to fail for sure. just doing this I am eating so much better. really seems like just cuttiing out sugar eliminates so many processed foods ;)

I WISH i could eat only whole foods all the time, but I just can't commit to that right now. and I am very happy with myself right now :)

How is everyone else doing with this part of the challenge?

hey hope,

im with you with regards to what i consider processed foods....for i need to keep it at baby steps....and i so needed this food challenge, seems that for the last two months i had not lost an oz...but since i started i have dropped some weight...yay!!!

good luck

pam
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    TankGirl--Eggs, tofu, vegan meats, and nuts are all good protein sources. Cheese too. If you want to make it easier, just try no red meats. I mean people are going based on what they can achieve, and it's all about taking concsiousness to our eating habits. We're taking things to another level. So if you're used to hamburgers/meats, try fish or vegan meats (seitan/smart dogs/garden burgers/veggie burgers).

Let's all just try to take steps, baby steps, or take things to another level based on where we were coming from. We don't have to throw in the towel and say "I will fail becuase...." nooo....let's think more like "I can change my diet this way by...." and think of alternative ways to change the diet according to the challenges in this thread. :)

PAM, and HOPEBUCK---yeah, let's just go based on what we can when it comes to "processed foods". We're all coming from different stages in "cutting out the crap"...some people are weening off of potato chips, packaged foods, chemicals and dyes...

Ezekiel Sprouted Bread (and other similar type) is processed to me...but several months ago, Ezekiel Bread would have been a HUGE step for me to cut out yeast / refrined flour bread. I eat gluten free bread and sprouted breads only ... until this challenge, which I will try to cut out all types as part of my "no processed foods" challenge in challenge level 3.

I will have Ezekiel Bread next month or on a cheat day. But for now, I will try my best.

This is what it's all about...TRY YOUR BEST! :) Don't give up! We are on WEEK 2! That's great progress so far if you are still here!
  • TankGirl71
    Options
    9/1 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/2 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/3 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/4 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges

I had eggs and feta for breakfast and was totally prepared to go vegetarian the rest of the day, but remembered I had a fresh piece of salmon in the fridge and there was no way I was letting it go to waste. So I had fish today, too. I am trying to be as purist and diesel as I can about this challenge since I already eat pretty clean. My overall personal challenge is to stay paleo/primal for the month. Let's take a vote....is salmon meat in regards to today's challenge? If so, I'm a 2 for today.

9/5 (Not sure if I completed daily challenge in a pure sense), weekly, and monthly challenges completed