Welcome New Members!

Replies

• twelstand
    twelstand Posts: 18 Member
    Hey everyone! i have been using the app for a while but on and off. last two weeks i have made the decision to get serious about it again and make the changes that i need to. hoping to give and receive encouragement to like minded people!
  • porcelina125
    porcelina125 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! I've used this app many times before in the past for many years with success. I've gained 8lbs during quarantine because of gym closure and working from home- definitely not moving that much. I was originally trying to lose the last 10lbs of baby weight but looks like my goal is now trying to lose about 17lbs ahhhhhh 😳 I have lost and kept 30 lbs off in the last 20 months, after being pregnant.

I used to be a very active runner and into lifting weights but the pregnancy did a number on my body- I have a bulging disc now right in the spot where it affects my legs down to my toes, so it's hard to run, let alone walk long distances. I would love to be able to run at least a mile again....I used to do 5ks, 10ks, marathons prior to pregnancy.
    Good luck to everyone else! Let's help each other with motivation!
  • angel4877
    angel4877 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello team, I am new here, Angelique my name, trying to live a healthy lifestyle and to shed 10 pounds. I am looking for workout and healthy eating friends. I hope to get connected to some members and share motivational ideas and inspirational.
  • rainonmenero
    rainonmenero Posts: 1 Member
    I’m not new here , I think something happened to my previous account so I had to open a new one again ... I look forward to getting more goals done this year 2020 xoxo
  • RosalindEarly
    RosalindEarly Posts: 2 Member
    I've been on this app for a while, but I just realized it has this community aspect. So I'm trying to join in! I'm Rosalind, 30 lbs to lose, in US.
  • lakeshawas3129
    lakeshawas3129 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello everyone...my name is La Kesha...been on the app for 65 days. Don’t have too many friends on the app but would love to have new friends to help accomplish goals together. I enjoy running and working out as well as sharing recipes. I’m from Texas...if there’s anyone from Texas (Ft. Worth) and you enjoy running, let’s get together to run 😊
  • fpaivinha
    fpaivinha Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! Struggling to control my diet 😭
  • LW8787
    LW8787 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Venesia. Am feeling focus and ready to make positive changes.
  • Seventy7860
    Seventy7860 Posts: 1 Member
    New here as well! Looking forward to using this as a tool and reading your posts for motivation!
  • DanielJ552
    DanielJ552 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello community! Been away for some time, but I am back with a vengeance and ready to lose 60 lbs.
  • Susyq99
    Susyq99 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am new and I have joined because after nine weeks in lockdownn I have put weight on and not done any real exercise. I thought my fitness pal would motivate me to start looking after ME
  • Nataliya_12345
    Nataliya_12345 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello to all quarantine fat cells and people who host them! :) I'm here to lower body fat% and gain a bit muscle. Naturally I have a very low metabolism, so it's gonna be challenging. Wish you luck!
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    I have been a member for 5 years or so. I did meet my weight loss goals, then found MFP was an excellent tool to help me nutritionally manage the negative effects of living with Lyme disease.

A gym rat for 25 years, in the past 10 years I have been more successful with Real Life Exercise, some focused weight training and a brief daily flow stretch routine.

Only one friend keeps an open diary. Most are older 50+ and not really exercisers. I like younger friends but our life priorities are often dissimilar. I'm looking for some new friends who are self assured exercisers of any age who, open minded and not fast food junkies.

• ashlimari1221
    ashlimari1221 Posts: 1 Member
    I am also new here. Mother of three. I work in insurance, so I sit at a desk 5 days a week. I have never really eaten healthy. I go from one extreme to the next: Barely eating anything to practically eating everything in sight. I feel like food has been a comfort thing for me, so I tend to what I call eat my feelings. But at the same time I obsess over my weight so every time I eat I feel guilty and then I want to stop eating. I do realize that this is a very unhealthy mindset. I have also not been a great water drinker. I typically have been a coffee drinker. I drink coffee from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. I used to drink at least a pot of coffee a day sometimes two. Now I have maybe one or two cups of coffee a day so progress. I have never been really active in sports I was more on the artistic side so I liked music and drama and band so never really too active. However as time has gone on I'm noticing that my poor habits are obviously affecting my children. so I see that they want to stay inside and watch TV or do a puzzle instead of getting outside and going for a walk and being active. I see that they will choose chips and sugary snacks over fruits and veggies. And that coupled with the fact that I'm exhausted trying to keep up with my kids when we are active or I get winded trying to walk the block and a half to work concerns me. I've also put on quite a bit of weight in the last year and a half. I've gained about 40 to 50 lb and I'm not happy with myself. So all of that rolled into one kind of pushed me to want to go out of my comfort zone and really try something this time. Not a magic pill or a I'll try this for a week maybe kind of sorta but actually put in the time the effort and the focus so that I can improve my mind body and spirit. I joined a group to do a like 5-day meal planning eating healthier challenge and started walking and doing yoga and I had a friend introduce me to this app and I've only been on this app like 4 days but I can see a difference in my mindset. I feel like this app helps motivate me and encourage me to keep going and I appreciate everyone out there on the same journey just trying to be the best versions of themselves. I am open to any suggestions or recommendations, meal plan ideas, all of it. And I want people to know that I am here for you as well and whatever way that I can be. So with that I thank you for reading my super long post, and I hope to get to know at least some of you better, to help root you on to your goals as well! We're in this together!
  • Susalily
    Susalily Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m new on here. It’s been lovely to read some of your posts. I’m Australian. I was swimming a lot before the pandemic closed our swimming pools. I’ve taken up bike riding & Nordic walking instead. Like some of you I gained some weight (& also lost some weight) in quarantine/self-isolation. It’s motivating me to be more intentional about my health & so here I am!
  • jgoodwater3
    jgoodwater3 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone,

I haven't been on this platform in years. I am preparing myself to reach some of my fitness and health goals.

I am looking for low Carb/Keto recipes.

• JenniferSchnell5
    JenniferSchnell5 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone, I joined a while ago (2 months or so). I am doing HCG for bone growth and weight loss. Broke my foot and as it turns out HCG helps your bones grow! I also recently gained about 8-9 lbs in two weeks!! Yikes! So, this is my first day of HCG. Anyone else doing HCG? I’m looking for friends wheather they are doing it or not. What are your goals? What plan are you trying? I look forward to talking to you. Jennifer
  • iamhere1005
    iamhere1005 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2020
    What should be our diet plan?
  • iamhere1005
    edited May 2020
    HEllOO....
  • iamhere1005
    What should be our diet plan?