KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Levi!!! Such joy!!! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Pip- Will the gym let you freeze your membership? A few of the gyms around here, let us "freeze" our membership for three months each year, then the contract starts back up again after that period. KJ

I asked via email, I just got a standard blurb back. I’m gonna have to ask when they open up again
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    They keep tipping about bifocals y trifocals to me but don’t want them yet.

Amber Tx

That's the joy of hitting 50.

I've now got a pair of progressive desk glasses for sitting at the computer, so I can see the paper I'm typing from and the screen.

I've also got a pair of progressive distance glasses for driving, cycling, walking, etc.

I have two pair of plain distance glasses too which I could wear sometimes, but rarely do.

Machka in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,056 Member
    Options
    I have bifocals, prescription sunglasses, computer glasses and reading glasses. I need night driving glasses too. That would be a fifth pair!
  • sistergetu
    sistergetu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have heart failure, which has really slowed me down. But I got permission to do interval walking. I think this is giving me more energy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,936 Member
    Options
    sistergetu wrote: »
    I have heart failure, which has really slowed me down. But I got permission to do interval walking. I think this is giving me more energy.

:) Welcome. Even a bit of walking will do you good and in time you'll be able to do a bit more. Do not be discouraged.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

not bad on the winter bike
    Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 59.22min, 142mhr, 13.4amph, 13.23mi= 490c
    apple watch- 478c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.07min, 144mhr, 9.49min mi, .52mi= 55c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.18min, 9.32min mi, 149mhr, .45mi= 53c
    apple watch- 52c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm sprinkles and windy- 19.54min, 7.8amph, 143mhr, 2.59mi= 173c
    apple watch- 138c

total cal 771
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,059 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Karen yes that is the bird we saw. We just had a cool streak here and that might be why we were lucky to see him. I looked them up and there range is moving further north because they like it cooler. They are difficult to see in the wild so it makes it even more special. I had never see one before.

Thank you for finding a picture!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Machka- I was 20yrs old when they started saying bifocals. Trifocals were mentioned after 35yrs of age. Lol I’ll need Quadfocals at this rate lol 😂 they better start inventing them.

Amber Tx

Annie- I need night glasses but instead chose to not drive at night anymore. After 34yrs old found it harder y harder now sure impossible without a pair. Hubby knows this gets worried if I’m out it starts to get dark. Even if it’s getting dark early he calls all in a frenzy. I haven’t told Daughter so she gets mad at Dad of course. He worries I won’t be able to find my way home if it’s too dark. The signs are unreadable landmarks too at a certain point.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Amy Dixon and Paul Katemi’s Double Down DVD. Not bad. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Zumba Gold Cardio Party DVD.

Shona – welcome! Of course it’s not too late.

Heather – congrats on the weight loss!

Annie in DE – How I miss PJ! I’d love to go see him, but I don’t know…. Is DE still asking people with out-of-state license plates to leave the state? I wonder what NJ is doing since a lot of people go to the Jersey shore.

SuziQ – when you make asparagus, how do you avoid the woody part of the stem? In the past I’ve always broken the stalk so that it breaks right where the woody part begins. But I always feel like I waste so much

BeUncommon – this is the only thread on MFP that I take part in and most of the people on here are women. There have been the few (very few) men who didn’t stay too long. So I just feel that if a male is trying to friend me, I’m thinking that he has something else that he wants. So I just delete them. Lovely pics

Beth - About having to cook for others: how do you taste the food to see if you need spices etc.?

Have to leave to go to the hospital for my shot of Prolia then I think I’ll stop at Target and get Tone It Up protein powder. Jess likes it so I should have some. She said she was coming back here to go to work in Gastonia.

Pip – even when the gyms do open, I’m thinking that I may not go back for a few weeks. I’m sure they’ll have some “kinks” to work out. I do have to say, tho, that the gym I go to to basically use the machines is very clean, always has been

Bananas – so glad they didn’t find anything on the CT scan

Got my injection of prolia then stopped at Target. That’s the only place where I can get the protein powder that Jess likes, plus it was 15% off. Not like that’s a whole lot, but it’s sure better than nothing!

Barbie – Aldi has had a limit on a lot of things, especially meats. Honestly, I can’t think that we’d ever need more than 2 packages of meat. I have about 12 hamburgers frozen. They have a limit of 2 bags of confectioners sugar, but none for brown sugar. A limit of 1 box of tissues. Some of the other things they have a limit on just make me go “huh?”

Those pictures of Levi, Athenia, and all the other babies make my day!

I’m getting concerned about Rori, too.

Amber – did you know that the state snack food of Texas is salsa and chips?

sistergetu – welcome!

Rori – I was getting worried. Will be eagerly awaiting you telling us what’s been happening. Hope for our sakes that that funk doesn’t last too long

Styxgal – everything is so much better when you have someone to do it with. I know you’ll succeed. Let us know how it’s going.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,722 Member
    Options
    Love you and miss you Rori xoxo
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    Options
    Rori - <3<3<3 Please try to put something into a few words. I always find I helps me to get something out there. Love you.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BARBARA yes that was always said of my Dad. I was quite close to him as a child but not so much as I grew up. He was only 56 when he died. Always wished I’d got closer.

Levi is gorgeous, as are all the babies

Welcome newbies

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Shonafreshstart
    Shonafreshstart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening folks, depending on where you are.
    Thanks for welcoming me. I've been enjoying your posts.
    The glasses thing made me laugh. I also have several pairs and my varifocals no longer work for reading. Soonest appointment I could get is in November! I'm a professional musician and have an extra pair for reading music as the distance is neither near/far/desk.....
    @Poerava14 I hope you feel better soon 🤗
    I'm struggling with home schooling at the moment. Some schools are opening again in France though not for everyone. My kids hate working at home and miss their friends. I feel bad for them and hate having to (REALLY) insist they do the work. Anyway I'll try to be positive about it and make it more fun.
    Nice day here so I'll get out for a walk later.
    I hope you all have a good day and are coping with the various restrictions and shortages.
    Cheers for now,
    Shona from France
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    Wednesday --

Another day, more indoor exercise. :) Cycling today! On a bicycle, on a trainer, with Zwift.

Wish it could be a few more calories, but it is what it is. Better than nothing!

Distance: 15.48km
    Elevation: 210m
    Moving Time: 1:10:43
    Elapsed Time 1:10:43

........................ Avg .............. Max
    Speed ............. 13.1km/h ....... 75.2km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 143bpm ......... 161bpm
    Cadence ......... 73 .................. 103
    Power ............. 68W ............... 121W
    Calories .......... 275

Perceived Exertion: Moderate

This is an old setup ... it's a bit nicer now. :)
    0ca8xcpcibjm.png

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,499 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: invest 10 mins cleaning Living Rm, carry over 10 mins cleaning Dining Rm, made appointments (Shadow bath, library pickup), ordered book to replace one I borrowed from friend and damaged,
    Bonus: 34 mins vacuuming, voted in primary election,
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Guest Bath, carry over 10 mins cleaning Office, bedrooms, both bathrooms, mat work, BB&B, firehouse mtg minutes, learn new dances, transplant oregano and parsley, make garlic almonds for Dan, prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes, finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed, finish cleaning and start de-rusting Aunt Elsie’s stove, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.
    Just skimmin’
    Lisa “’de-populating’ … biggest weasel word…” Bingo. When the big quake hits, it is expected to be “an area wide de-populating event.” :astonished: Oh that Levi, what a smile!
    Tonya 11 years smoke free=VERY well done!
    Barbie :love: the wedding pic. So many of our Dads were sailors, Go Navy!
    Welcome @sistergetu! Brava for getting permission to start walking. One step at a time.
    Rori :love: :heart: and ((hugs))
    Julie relieved the CT scan came back clear. Hoping you get some answers from the seriology test and that whatever the issue is, it’s easily mendedt

Tomorrow I break my “max one trip to town/day” rule as Tumble’s grooming appointment is as 8:30 and the soonest Library pickup appointment I could get was 1pm. Will stay home all day Thursday, meet friend for a stroll Friday, and stay home Saturday.

Poured down rain all day today and will again tomorrow, so MAYBE will get caught up on cleaning. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: better than April.
    daily: steps= 2586 vits=12 log=12 CI<CO=11 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble & Shadow 5=9 mfp=12 clean 10 mins=11 outside=10 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B x3= rx=2 dance=
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=6 play=0 sew=0
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Work-wise it has been quite a few busy days for me. The conversion moves forward and due to lack of decent planning there are so many loose ends it is really crazy. Am I concerned? To be honest not really. Most things are totally out of our control and to get and remain totally stressed over it really does not benefit us in any way. Interestingly enough since one of my teams was moved to corporate (catalog administration) and I am no longer part of the team I managed to get out of the data validation piece with the blessing of my VP. And, this was on t-7 days away!

It actually gets better. I am still taking tomorrow and Friday off as vacation days. I will be “on call”, but since the piece I am involved in doesn’t get moved until Saturday or Sunday I decided I will let all of the others stress out and I will periodically check emails to see if my piece has been loaded. There will be a ton of research to complete and all have been informed I expect it will take my team 2-3 days to get it completed and fully functional. I have asked for the past 12 months for monthly loads to occur so things can be nice and tidy but bigger minds than mine decided it was too much work and did not fit in to their plans. Well, back in my 20s I learned garbage in equals garbage out and if this is how they want to start a brand new system who am I to buck the plan?

I am finding this whole process very interesting from a personal perspective. This is not my first system conversion rodeo. If this was going on 20 years ago I would be a mess. I would be stressed out, working 24-7, not speaking my words, and going along with the entire game plan. This time around I have carefully updated everyone and made sure everything was clearly documented and delivered to my superiors. I have laid out how things should have been planned. I have kept everyone apprised of where things stand and what is going to have to happen for success. I have also pointed out the flaws with the whole plan. Come Saturday or Sunday I will buckle down and get what needs to be done done. I will certainly NOT put too much emotion in to this process. Business is business and it will never cry over you. Why waste my emotional energy on something that does not give me any emotion in return? Yes, I will say it again, I am thankful every day to be working and contributing. But the reality is this is an end to the means. It will help get me to where I want to be but I will not allow it to consume me. When it is over I will rejoice in the fact I will finally be in a place where all of my time is my own to do with it what I want. Geez, I am finally growing up! LOL!!!!!!!

Wow, sorry about that long rant.

Rebecca – WTG with the weight loss. Your plan seems to be working well for you and I am excited you. Happy birthday to Athena! Seems like you had a fun call with your sister.

Ginny – Your mom sounds like she was a force to be reckoned with.

Allie – I hope everything is working out with your new position/job. I think you will be much better appreciated!

Lanette – I, like you, wish I had your mom’s talent. It certainly takes a lot of practice and self-control. It is something I will probably be working upon for the rest of my life.

Lisa – I actually loved your dream. Due to some verbal dyslexia I have to use many 10-cent words when I want to use the $100 dollar ones. Please never feel guilty about using just the right word. Oh, Levi is simply adorable. What a great smile!

Pip – Love the glass blocks. So cool and calming. Oh, those pesky possums!

Katla – Thank you. I have put everything in a nice, neat package and will get on with it (as per my rant in this post). My periodontist, of whom is the smartest person I know, asked me if I was stocked up on protein sources (he asked this very seriously). I let him know while the crazies were out buying toilet paper I was buying rice, beans, meats, canned tuna and salmon, etc.. He then shared he and his wife are doing the same thing. His biggest concern is getting fresh greens and we both agreed we are very lucky to be living in Florida where we can grow things year round. I jokingly said, if push comes to shove Dr. G we can always eat grass. LOL!

Beth – I think we were very fortunate to have be born in a time where we experienced the “old” ways of doing things and were young enough to adapt to the advances in technology. To think when I had my first savings account I had to go to the bank with my savings book and hand it to the teller. I thought that was so cool at the age of 6. Now, I am lucky if I see a bank teller once a year.

Rita – Glad to hear the insurance company covered some of your losses. People stink!

Sue – Sounds like a nice Mother’s day. Lots of fun and good food.

Heather – Congrats on the wanted weight loss. I am trying to follow your lead – exercise to eat what I want. It is tough for me as I detest the word “exercise”. I am slowly getting there….. I was thinking of both Rori and Katlia while catching up with posts. I hope both of them are OK. And, you are not lazy, dealing with online returns is a PITA. Funny I just bought a t-shirt that reads…..”I am lazy. I will just let karma take care of it.”.

Barbara – I love the pic of you and DH in your masks. So glad to finally see you!

BeUncommon – I absolutely love your photography work. Congratulations on your weight loss. Remember, slow but sure wins the race. We are all working our own plans and figuring out what works best for us. Not silly as not common acronyms…..MD = Mother’s Day and BD = Birthday. And, although I would not keep as pets rats are very smart and fun animals. I am a cat person and could not imagine mixing rats with cats (I envision some kind of horror story). I loved Orphan Black. What a great actress playing all of those different roles!

Bananas – Great news on the CT scan. I know that still leaves you with questions. Hopefully the serological test shows something!

Rori – Big virtual hug to you.

Michele - I either cut it off (most times and yes wasteful) or I use a vegetable peeler and peel off the woody portion.

Well, it is time for me to fly and get started with my getting ready for work transition. Tomorrow is my birthday and I still have not quite figured out what I am going to do for myself. Sometimes the best days are those without plans. I do know I will be doing whatever I want within the confines of nothing being open!!!

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL