Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Ladies & Gentlemen, what do you really think about the opinions of peeps on the Internet?

yvz04P.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited May 2020
    ythannah wrote: »
    Ladies & Gentlemen, what do you really think about the opinions of peeps on the Internet?

yvz04P.gif

I love this gif, I get your meaning, but then...

if I disregard negative opinions can I still logically accept positive ones? That seems like ... well all my comparisons are dirty ones so never mind 😁

And if I truly don’t care what ANYONE out here says then why bother at all?

Fwiw, you always seem level-headed. You used to mod elsewhere, I think I remember you saying?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

yvz04P.gif

if I disregard negative opinions can I still logically accept positive ones? That seems like ... well all my comparisons are dirty ones so never mind 😁

Fwiw, you always seem level-headed. You used to mod elsewhere, I think I remember you saying?

Good memory, yes I did mod a message board in the past.

It's not so much not caring as not caring so much, if that makes sense. Not taking negative stuff to heart. Opinions are not facts. Motive is another consideration.

You also seem pretty level-headed but there are some fragile people hanging out on the internet, and I suppose we all have times when we are more emotionally sensitive. I think one has to have a fairly thick skin to hang out on the internet unscathed and you do have to let an awful lot of what you read just roll off.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

yvz04P.gif

It's not so much not caring as not caring so much, if that makes sense. Not taking negative stuff to heart. Opinions are not facts. Motive is another consideration.

You also seem pretty level-headed but there are some fragile people hanging out on the internet, and I suppose we all have times when we are more emotionally sensitive. I think one has to have a fairly thick skin to hang out on the internet unscathed and you do have to let an awful lot of what you read just roll off.

I'm sensitive; I damn sure am.
  • TwitchyMacGee

yvz04P.gif

Yes, this does make sense
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Ladies...

What did you do the last time you got caught checking out a guy? 😂

• TwitchyMacGee
    Ladies...

Smiled through my mask at him.

The time before that I told his wife “nice catch.” She laughed heartily and said “thanks.”

No you didn’t!!! 😜😂😂😂

Sure did
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Guys and gals: Your opinion on acne and those that have visible issues with it? Do you judge people who have acne or acne scarring? What about other visible skin issues?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Ladies...

I get flustered and trip on my feet.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Guys and gals: Your opinion on acne and those that have visible issues with it? Do you judge people who have acne or acne scarring? What about other visible skin issues?

It's not something that bothers me. Skin issues are not something you caused.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

The 2 biggest rl crushes I've ever had both had/have it... It's not something I ever really even thought anything about...

Sometimes someone's "imperfections" are the hottest freaking thing...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Ladies...

I live in a city where (in some neighborhoods/ districts) people watching is practically de rigueur and not necessarily flirty.

Furthermore, if it's a guy I'd likely not see him "catch me" as stare intently downwards at his... cufflinks.

And, no, I'll never let that go as a marker of sexiness. It's the attention to detail that gets me every time 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Ladies...

🔥😍🔥😍
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

Judge? No. Just wonder whether they're being followed by a dermatologist. But then again, I work tangentially to the healthcare industry and many people in my family are healthcare professionals or work in the industry too.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Ladies...

I told him he looked better than a snack pack.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Ladies...

🔥😍🔥😍

It's not cute😂😂😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited May 2020
    Ladies...

The time before that I told his wife “nice catch.” She laughed heartily and said “thanks.”

Woman to woman it sounds like a compliment...

Man to man... It's fighting words 😂
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Ladies...

Woman to woman it sounds like a compliment...

Man to man... It's fighting words 😂

That’s probably true