WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: I like your quarantine once a days. Thanks! :star:

Barbara: I’m thinking a frustration voodoo doll might be therapeutic. Poke it with pins as needed to vent anger. :grumble:

Lisa: I hope all turns out well for you and Corey. It is wonderful to know that you have options. They need you more than you need them. I wonder whether any of them knows how much you accomplish. :ohwell:

KJ: I love Jack Sparrow! Thank you. :bigsmile:

Meg: It is delightful to see your post!!! My only advice is for you to stop by here more often. You are missed. :star:

We have ordered a new BBQ. Last night’s dinner may be the last one for our old BBQ. It served us long and well, but it is crumbling day by day. It will likely be a week before the new one gets here, but I’m hoping for sooner.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,345 Member
    Options
    well here I am, picked up Homer and re potted my plants .. here is hoping they survive, I have had them for almost 2 years and the one from my father in law 7 months and I have an ivy that my dad had at the house from my moms funeral 20 yrs ago.. Sitting taking a quick break and then on to packing for going up to Faiths ....and doing a vacuum .. nothing better than having your old dog snuggled up in your lap, I cherish the moments.. Alfie never curls up to long unless he is under he covers lol

Allie - you inspired me. I just repotted/divided my prayer plant into 2 pots and have 6 pieces of the old plant in jars of water. Let's see if they root. I've been meaning to do this since last year.

So glad the job being with Faith opened up and you can take Alfie along. Sounds pretty ideal! :)

Lanette
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Kim's employer would grow marijuana.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Growing MJ is legal in several states. In our area the vast majority is grown indoors. Since it is also legal in CA, I suspect the majority of it is also grown indoors. No problem with foraging critters or thieving humans inside a locked building. A former paper mill in our town is a grow site. The city council helped set up the deal.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Today is election day for the Oregon Primary. DH & I have both voted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. ❤️🤍💙
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    For those of your who understand French and are francophiles, here is a youtube Chanel where a young guy, about 25, from a top school gives a daily update, mostly around coronavirus. it's about 5-7 minutes, mostly about France with a part at the end about another country (often usa or china, but not always). He speaks fast. I find it a time saver for me. I know all the main points and don't have to peruse the rest of the news much if at all to find out new rules, updates, etc. There's a 1 question poll in upper right part of youtube screen at the end most days. (ex: do you plan to go on vacation this summer) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAcAnMF0OrCtUep3Y4M-ZPw
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Growing MJ is legal in several states. In our area the vast majority is grown indoors. Since it is also legal in CA, I suspect the majority of it is also grown indoors. No problem with foraging critters or thieving humans inside a locked building. A former paper mill in our town is a grow site. The city council helped set up the deal.

We have a hemp field not far from our house, but it is industrial hemp. The field is fenced with signs that say -- "Industrial Hemp -- not for human ingestion" or something like that. It tickles me, for some reason.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Today is election day for the Oregon Primary. DH & I have both voted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. ❤️🤍💙

We also submitted our ballots today, but it was a really boring ballot since none of us are major party members. But still . . . civic duty and all.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 1hr 1min 51sec, 148mhr, 12.8amph, 13.23mi= 511c
    apple watch- 487c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.27min, 138mhr, 10.01min mi, .54mi= 53c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4,13 min, 9.13min mi, 151mhr, .45mi= 59c
    apple watch- 60c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.47min, 8.2amph, 145mhr, 2.57mi= 174c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 797
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooo
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :) marijuana may be legal, but it's legal like booze not like vegetables
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did low Impact Cardio Leg and Ball Upper Body DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body DVD.

M – I just can’t begin to imagine the joy you must have felt when your hubby said “she’s my…my…my WIFE”.

Jaxsgma – same here…back in jeans (boo) But it does look like at the end of the week I’ll be back in shorts. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be in the pool, it probably has cooled some. Hopefully, it won’t be breezy and I’ll be able to string popcorn. Then again, being breezy would be nice so we can install the new landscape edging. Didn’t do well on eating yesterday. Since Steve is here, I’m having to make more foods that he likes (and he likes fat in things. But I did have pork tenderloin for dinner while he and Vince had rib eye)

Bananas – now I’m glad that I chose to pay the membership for the gym that I chose. The other two I pay by the class and, of course, with no classes I’m not paying. The one gym that’s always been very clean is the one that I’ll pay the Silver and Fit fee for. I’ll use their equipment (treadmill, stairstepper, elliptical). They also have the weights with the bar (that’s one of the classes that I take at one gym) so I’ll do one of the DVD’s that I have for it there. So I’ll probably get my money’s worth. I do wish they had a pool, tho. But I can understand why they don’t. She is renting space, she doesn’t own the building. And a pool is a MAJOR change

Michele NC