WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    machka: I had no intention of being controversial or offensive. My apologies to you and others who may have been offended.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My Zoom went fine. Everyone was in a pretty good mood. Discussed all the usual stuff like contact with grandchildren.
    We'll do it again next week.
    My girlfriends and I have been good friends since we were 15 or so and known each other longer. There have been hiccups, but I value them very much. They are 71 and I am the baby at 70.

On Friday it will be the anniversary of Ros's death, my best friend from London. All her friends were going to get together for a picnic, but now it will be a sharing on WhatsApp. I just loved that woman.

I was writing this morning about 'snogging'. Do you have that expression in the US? Reading my old diaries I'm astonished at how random it was! Didn't even have to really like the guy. :|;)

Much love and hope KJ is OK.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Jaxsgma, Longmire is like peeking into the psychic of all that is Wyoming. Guys are emotional train wreck on the inside, stoic on the outside. Women are brash but endearing. They all connect with their towns and have immense pride in their own properties. Every one seems to know how guns work, and are quick to draw first, ask questions later.👍

Great job on losing 4 lbs! That's awesome! When you're in the store next, pick up 4 lbs of butter, close your eyes, smile, then put them back. You do not carry them anymore!

I have 4 pieces of ham hocks left in the freezer. I only know to make those suckers into soup! So bean soup is most certainly in my future.👍. I am sorry I don't know if a low fat cornbread recipe. I only buy Krusteaz honey cornbread mix, and I fix it with chili. Its super complicated. Add oil and egg, throw into pan. Haahaa! That's my way of cooking! My kids for the longest time loved my chocolate chip cookies. They were just Betty Crocker add butter and egg kinds too. Sometimes I threw a bit of flour on my face to make it seem like I really worked hard. 😁

Summer is taking its sweet time!
    Hugs to all that wish one, or need one!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    How Virus effects a person age 40 who was in a ventilator 6weeks y is still in the hospital but now awake y aware of his surroundings again

Texas Galveston Beach became a interesting 🤔 outing for some my questions is why have this event at all??? Pics from that same beach on our honeymoon hubby y Daughter eating muffins soaking their feet.

Kids calorie scale (JRs averaging 1500-1700cal per day is bouncing off the walls overly active. Leave him to pee come back house is destroyed type hyper plus he the size of a 7yr old boy with larger organs). Interesting to see his smaller peers caloric intake versus his own. Luckily was taught how to figure his calories to him was told by a dieticians it was too low early in since pediatrics was saying it was too high compared to his peers. His peers come up to his belly button! Y hubby my honeymoon with Daughter in tow years ago was such a nice day we got this pics
    245fqq8dyni7.jpeg
    s4ga3knrelvy.jpeg
    6ibomesauz05.jpeg
    ea2k31lbt1f1.jpeg
    depve2efo8lb.jpeg

n32ysbekuvzc.jpeg
    s631hmins7vz.jpeg
    6xbb59oo4t4w.jpeg

Amber Tx

138.8 lbs today (maintained yesterday to have a treat fresh fruits yummy). Reached 75 sit-ups today.

Hubby got racially profiled by a customer now there trying to apologize have him come back to give an estimate. Should have thought of that before calling gun drawn cops to meet him for being brown. I’m Mad as hell today!!! Hubby is 3/4th white (Jew y Spaniard )y 1/4 Hispanic but came out super dark. I’m mixed also but came out super white skinned .Yet my paternal grandpa looks like it should be his y vice versa .
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I put out all my food for my meal. Two eggs over easy, then a bagel with avocado, tomatoes, olives and blue cheese crumbles, then drizzled with some shiitake mushroom sesame dressing. Then dessert is grapefruit segments, coffee and a coconut macaroon thingy.
    Yes, its only 11 am and I don't eat until 2 pm! I'm excited!
    48inonae77jq.jpg
    Oh I forgot, while I am making, I get some almonds.💖
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    machka: I had no intention of being controversial or offensive. My apologies to you and others who may have been offended.

Katla

don't apologize to me, i like being offensive
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I just got a tiny, tiny radio from Amazon and hope it will work while I walk to make the time go by.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: I have lost family members and one dear friend from my teaching days. I suspect that your feelings about Ross are those of people who choose to be one another’s family. It would be great to meet in person with your group of friends, but WhatsApp seems like it will be the best plan. I wonder whether snogging is similar to making out—kissing, touching, petting . . .

Amber: Congrats on your new weight!!! :star:

Rebecca: Your foods and containers are so appealing! Thanks for the photos. :smiley:

Pip: Thank you for the encouraging comment. So happy I didn’t offend you. :bigsmile:

Today is overcast and there are no fishermen in sight. Fishing opens some days and not others, so I guess this is a no fishing day. I hope loads of fish go upstream to spawn so that the fishing run will be good in years to come. This is the spring fishing season. Later there will be a fall fishing season if enough fish migrate upriver.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I have music that I downloaded onto an old phone that I use for exercise. It won't last forever but it works for now. I walked again today! Yay!

Thanks for the info on Delaware. You all are so helpful! They are calling it a rolling opening, which means different times for different categories. I only go out to walk so I'm safe. I might go for a drive later this week but I stay out of the businesses.

I started to read a romance yesterday that turned out to be post-apocalyptic. A solar flare takes out the power grid for months and panic ensues. It's a terrible book for anxious times. I am giving myself permission to quit reading it and look for something more idyllic.

Amber, I'm sorry you got stuck driving late. I have gotten migraines that affect my vision and leave me unable to drive. It's very scary.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :p
  • Katla49
    Options
    Lisa: I loved The Golden Girls and watched them every week. Great humor and great post. Thanks.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful day. I am going to go a take pictures of some our local crabapple trees in full bloom.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Jaxgma sorry to hear about your back. Hope it heals quickly 🙂
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Please be careful of all the scammers out there. We got a letter that someone had taken out a mortgage on our house and it was totally bogus. We own our house and there is no mortgage to be had.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    B)