WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Sue from Or ~ Hello! Welcome to a nice place to visit.

Carol in GA
  • SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol, my big sister lives in Roswell Ga
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    3afqindn8rcx.png

Tell us about you and music.

Do you play an instrument?

Do you sing??

Do you dance??

Do you listen??

And generally speaking ... what kind of music do you like? :)

Machka in Oz

Miss singing in my church choir!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Sue ~ My husband's family owned an antique shop in Roswell for many years. I live in East Cobb County which is adjacent to Roswell.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sue from Portland OR: Welcome!!! It is great to see another woman from OR. I live down river from you. I hope you will post often. :flowerforyou:

Allie: You are a lifesaver. Working with an Alzheimer's patient is no easy task and you are making a difference for her, and for her whole family. WTG!!! :heart: :star::heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Katla- ive worked with her before but she is more advanced,but bless her heart she still has a appetite..and I get to have Alfie with me...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Machka ... music questions ... I used to play the piano, sang in the chorus in high school (never in public thereafter), was never much of a dancer, pre-hearing loss I loved to listen to music ... especially my dad's old swing albums. It is one of my biggest disappointments that I am unable to hear the music my son performs and produces. He's tried bringing things down into what little range I have, but it's not the same ...

Lisa ... what an expression on Levi's face!!

Just finished a FaceTime call with my 89 year old mother. Finally, we figured out how to have everything working at once. Now to just have her keep the iPad tilted so that she doesn't look like Kilroy in my screen. I need to read those lips!!

Which, by the way, masks are a nightmare for the hearing impaired ...

Beth near Buffalo

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Machka9- love music.As monster out as my parents were,they were both musically inclined.They had a small band when I was very little.I don’t play an instrument.I sing All the time.Had been in acapella choir throughout my years in school.Danced before I was married,clogging and the regular dance.Types of music-rock,southern rock,Motown,R &B,pop,country(all kinds).Love,Love Prince,even from Way back.Christian rock too.When my life was too much to deal with growing up,I always had music.Being left by myself,I had music to keep me company.
    Debby in Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    SueBarry- my weight stalled too finally realized I was scanning the barcodes some are incorrect so I thought I was eating 1200cal but instead 1300cal . So I was maintaining thinking my calories were set to loose. I now put them in myself with add food. I also add even 1 jelly bean correctly since it may be the culprit to too many calories that day

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,102 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Machka:
    3afqindn8rcx.pngTell us about you and music.

I play guitar and keyboard, also can drum. A bit rusty on the guitar, though. My father was an amateur musician, and taught me.

Do you sing??
    I come from a musical family and was singing from an early age. I belonged to choirs throughout my adult life, and often performed solo.
    Do you dance??
    My mother was a dance teacher, so I learnt to dance as a child, and still absolutely love it. I took part in the children’s chorus in stage productions. I also did Ice Dance in my 30s/40s.
    Do you listen??
    Not always as carefully as I should! 😂
    But I do like listening to current affairs and plays on the radio.
    All music appeals to me, but I would have to say that Rock and Roll stirs my blood. I was a Rocker Chick in my teenage years. I like light classical, and Musical theatre. Not that keen on opera.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

Over the years I've studied several instruments hoping to find the one that would stay with me. I played the violin starting at school in grade 4 and continuing through high school with a private tutor. I played in the high school orchestra and became competent but not excellent or inspired. In high school I took up flute so I'd be able to play in a college marching band. I played the piccolo, as well, then went to a college that had no marching band. In college I studied piano thinking it would be a useful skill for me as an elementary teacher. I never reached the necessary skill level and never played the piano except to pick out a melody. As an elementary teacher I learned enough chords on the guitar to accompany children singing in my classroom.

Do you sing??

I like to sing and will sing along with music at home or in the car but don't sing with anyone else.

Do you dance??

I took ballet starting in grade 4 and through high school and achieved some competence but far from excellence. As an adult I attended Jazzercise classes and loved the exercise to music. It wasn't until I took a line dance class in 2004 that I finally found the way to enjoy music and dance together and it has been a central theme in my life since then, including teaching a class since 2013.

Do you listen??

I listen to a lot of the same music I liked in college (Peter, Paul, and Mary for example) and will frequently listen to the same music over and over. I've liked some popular music along the way but nothing has stayed with me the way the folk singers of the 1960's.

Sixties folk music, some country, music to my favorite line dances.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    3afqindn8rcx.png

Do you sing??

Do you dance??

Do you listen??

Machka in Oz

I can play Mary had a little lamb on the piano. That’s about it.

I sing and dance when people aren’t around and I rarely just listen to music. It is on as background music all the time at work.

I listen to mostly country but prefer the older country. I like the songs that tell a story. I also listen to some classic rock. I occasionally listen to some gospel.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a Barry Boot Camp DVD. I thought it sounded familiar, and from my notes I realized that while I was previously doing it, the power went out and I never finished it. Well, I finished it today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD called “dressed up drills”.

Just read in the paper that NC is going to go to phase 2 of reopening at 5:00 tonight. The article states that right now this is expected to last until June 26

I do need to get more yarn for the tree skirt I’m making for us. And I’m really looking forward to going to the soup kitchen tomorrow. Now is that sad or is that sad???

Kidney beans, yogurt and grapes for breakfast today.

Beauty shops are supposed to be opened Friday. I think I’ll wait a while to get my hair done. You KNOW it’s going to be a mad house Friday. Also, there is no way I’ll go out to eat. Everyone and his brother will probably want to go. Not like we were that big on eating out anyway

KJ – thanks for popping in and letting us know you’re OK. We all were so worried.

Yea! The meals tab has the meals back in alphabetical order! Now I don’t have to add things only from my tablet.

M – I always say, if you want to clear out a church in record time, just have me join the choir. I do sing in the shower, tho. I like to dance, not too fancy, tho. No instrument, here. I don’t like rap, gospel, country music. Most of the other stuff I don’t mind. Don’t really have a preference. Kind of depends on my mood

Tonya – one time we had a power shortage for days on end and most of the food in the freezer melted. I feel your pain. How can you not take such lovely pictures when you have such a lovely model?

A while ago I left an empty cat litter container on one gal’s porch for another gal who lives near her to pick up (I usually give my empty containers to her). Well, this time it took her something like 15 days to pick it up. Fortunately, I had to get the yarn today and on my way home I stopped at her house and dropped another container off. The gal whose house I’d left it at previously texted me that she’d drive me over there to show me where the one gal lived (not knowing that I knew) so I can take it to her in the future. To be honest, if it had been me after a few days I would have called and said “did you forget that you have the container here?” I bet she did forget. But I’ll just take it to her, no biggie.

Sue OR – welcome!

Been working on the Christmas tree skirt for us. I realized that I made a (good) mistake in my original skirt. I skipped a whole part. But that was a blessing in disguise because I want it shorter for where we need it. Looks like I’ll be returning some yarn. I’m sure she’ll understand.

I just need to take a break. Gonna take a shower

Soup kitchen tomorrow! Afterwards, I think I’ll go to WalMart neighborhood market because there are some things I can only get there. I won’t be there long, just long enough to get the few things I need

Hope all’s OK by Rori

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Iiiii