WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    Before this thread gets shut down, I just thought I'd bring the Community Guidelines to your attention.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

10. Keep it legal
    "Posts about marijuana which is not legal federally in the USA yet, posts about steroids, and posts about substances that are not legal, federally, in the USA are not allowed."

You can find the Community Guidelines hidden away at the bottom ...

sp09cdnrrv7j.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Lanette: I may have already said this, but my mom had prayer plants as long as I can remember. I don’t know what happened to them when we closed up her house. We held an estate sale and I’m willing to bet that someone chose the prayer plant. :star:

Felicia: We get CBD oil for our old dog, and it is made from hemp. It can be very effective at relieving pain. We buy ours at ACE hardware. :star:

Tracey: I love Walking Past People in the Grocery Store. It is funny and I needed a laugh. :laugh:

Kim: Conrgrats on your weight loss and your new gardening venture. :star:

Barbie: Marijuana is legal here, and I don’t choose to use it. I don’t object to others using it, however. I also don’t choose to smoke tobacco. I really detest tobacco smoke and don't go anyplace where it may be in use. I grew up in misery because of my chain-smoking parents use of it while driving the car with windows rolled up. :noway: I’ve gone off on this particular rant before. Sorry to repeat it.

We voted this morning and then went for a lovely walk in the neighborhood. I enjoyed the fresh air and exercise with DH and the dog.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Good morning! I can't seem to get here on a schedule. I feel like the days are all blurred together, I can't stick to a schedule or a planned one, and my sleep has gotten all messed up. I've been doing the kickboxing workouts on line but I think next week I'll actually go in. Church is still on line. Work is still one line. Today I had a meeting, so I got up and dressed like I was going to work, shoes and all. Maybe that's what I need to do; typically during the summer, I work T-Th, so that may be my new plan. Any other suggestions? Take care, Meg from OMaha.

I try to keep to an approximation of my "usual" schedule.

I get up in the morning ... I sleep about 30-60 minutes later than I did when I was going into work, but that's OK.
    I change into my day-wear. It's not as dressy as I would wear at work, but it is clothing that I would go out shopping in.
    I eat the same lunch as I did at work at roughly the same time.
    Toward the end of the workday, I change into my exercise gear and do something for about an hour.
    Then it's dinner and an evening of university work.
    About 1 am, I change into my pyjamas and go to bed.

It wouldn't take too much of an adjustment if I had to go back to work at the office.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I just can’t begin to imagine the joy you must have felt when your hubby said “she’s my…my…my WIFE”.

Michele NC

He had been awake (out of the coma) for a while then ... few weeks ... and seemed to like me, but didn't seem to recognise me as much different from the nurses except for the occasional little thing now and then like wanting to hold my hand.

I didn't know if he just thought I was a friendly face who came to see him each day or what ... and he may have thought that for a while.

So when he identified me as his wife ... that was amazing!! :):heart:

He was still in post-traumatic amnesia so each day was brand new to him with regard to short-term memories, and he was still struggling with memory in general, so it took a few more days before he remembered my name ... or his own name for that matter ... but it all started to come back.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Regarding Lego ... we just finished watching Lego Masters! :) The winner of the 2020 competition was declared on Monday ...

LEGO Masters Australia: Best creations of season 2
    https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/lego-masters-australia-best-creations-of-season-2/news-story/f6d05910735fa6cc21ed3c402c3cac17

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @michele it sounds like a good gym. I have the impression it'll be a while before it's really comfortable in gyms here.

@Machka that must have been amazing when he started remembering you and other parts of life.

I agree that getting dressed etc helps feel in schedule, wearing light cotton pants instead of sweat pants, and so on. Better get going.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Before this thread gets shut down, I just thought I'd bring the Community Guidelines to your attention.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

10. Keep it legal
    "Posts about marijuana which is not legal federally in the USA yet, posts about steroids, and posts about substances that are not legal, federally, in the USA are not allowed."

You can find the Community Guidelines hidden away at the bottom ...

sp09cdnrrv7j.png

oops

thanks Machka

• Machka9
    Options
    @michele it sounds like a good gym. I have the impression it'll be a while before it's really comfortable in gyms here.

@Machka that must have been amazing when he started remembering you and other parts of life.

I agree that getting dressed etc helps feel in schedule, wearing light cotton pants instead of sweat pants, and so on. Better get going.

It was!

He's still got a fairly significant gap in his memory ...

It's hard to tell where exactly his memories stop. He became general manager of the property in October 2017 and remembers some of that. We also bought a new-to-us van then, and he kind of recognises it but doesn't really think of it as our primary vehicle. He'd like me to drive our old van more because that's our van!

There's a bank account he has almost no memory of and we set that up more than a year before his accident, but for some reason it has been almost entirely erased from memory.

He has one memory from Christmas 2017 of something we did on Boxing Day ... a day-cruise. He remembers tiny bits and pieces about working in December and January ... odd little things. And that's about it.

He knows what happened and what we did in February and March because I've told him and showed him pictures etc. but he, himself, doesn't remember. That's sad because we had a great trip in Feb and a short but good trip in March around my birthday but that's gone for him.

And he's a complete blank then until about mid-May ... and he's patchy after that.

So the medical people are saying he's got a solid 6 month gap, and then it's patchy before and after.

But he's almost crystal clear if you talk to him about stuff that happened 20 years ago! :)

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wednesday -- Brain Injury Peer Support Zoom meeting and working on a paper.

My husband and I did a short indoor bicycle ride with Zwift.

Distance: 11.06km
    Elevation: 64m
    Moving Time: 34:15
    Elapsed Time: 34:15

Speed: Avg: 19.4km/h | Max: 43.9km/h
    Heart Rate: Avg: 130bpm | Max: 153bpm
    Cadence: Avg: 76 | Max: 108
    Power: Avg: 67W | Max: 123W
    Calories: 130

90dxy1bi8q2j.png

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Kelly Are you having flooding? I'm not sure where you live.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,442 Member
    Options
    Out v early for essential shopping during seniors hours, and then decontamination of items. I’m now waiting for loaf of stoneground wholemeal zucchini bread to prove before baking it. It’s gonna be too late for lunch but never mind. 😂

☘️Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Aaahhhh!…Tonya - lovely

Terri that bread sounds SO yummy.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Washed my hair and put my makeup on ready for Zoom at 4 pm. Just my old girlfriends, but I mustn't let standards slip! :D
    I'm only wearing exercise clothes at the moment though, which is what I normally wear, as I exercise first thing in the morning and then again after lunch. Luckily around here it's perfectly normal to go local shopping in leggings and tight tops, but I would never have gone out like that in my old area. Country people. I do put on proper clothes for main shopping. I just feel my local shops are my backyard! >:) I don't even put my face on for local shops.

Thank you bananas for the link. I didn't catch every single word, but the graphics helped me follow it. I have subscribed. I'm watching a great French teacher on Utube at the moment called Pierre. The best I've found.
    I also watch a Spanish minimalist video once a day, different ones, but most Spaniards speak soooooo quickly I can't follow a lot. :#
    I am still doing my Norwegian Duolingo course every day. I'm on an 180 day streak!

Scientific American is free online for June.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Fedex pickup mystery package, firehouse budget committee mtg minutes, post minutes and next meeting sign at firehouse, copies to VP.
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, 2 hrs line dancing in the park !!!
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Guest Bth, carry over 20 mins cleaning Master bath, office, 10 mins cleaning Living Rm, Kitchen, Dining Room, make tuna salad, firehouse board meeting, mat work, BB&B, practice new dances (Read Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita), transplant oregano and parsley, make garlic almonds for Dan, prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes, finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed, finish cleaning and start de-rusting Aunt Elsie’s stove, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments, next week final? follow up for Joe’s labs, call for his Dr. appointment.

Woo HOO! Line danced at the park with 7 others, plenty of social distance. Was so good to see the gals again. Will take awhile for the muscle memory to return, and dancing on concrete is brutal, but good to start back. We may hear this week about getting back into the Grange. Fingers Xd.

Teri half a pound to goal? VERY well done!
    KJ seeing some reports of terrible flooding in Michigan, hoping you and yours are safe and dry. I couldn’t remember, trust me. Instead keep Word open and comment when I can.
    MaryBeth con VERY grats for discarding 4 unwanted lbs.
    Lanette neither did I choose a word for 2020. Thinking “Flexible” might be a good choice ;) Ah I see Barbie’s already there. Thanks Great Leader!
    Annie is there no website where you can get up to date information on DE? Our Oregon Governor’s office has a very helpful page with lots of links to the latest restrictions, recommendations, stats, etc.
    @megblair1 Good to see you posting, Meg! I love Machka’s quarantine “once a day”s from Brain Injury Hope:
    m1u9z6q565gn.png
    Tracey Love that kitten. That’s how I feel when people in the grocery store come up behind me and tread on my heels.
    Kim laughing, discarding unwanted pounds AND presenting the first two options within the first 24 hours, You GO gal!

Beautiful weather today but windy. Should be nice the next week. The downside is that for the holiday weekend (does that matter anymore?) good weather on the coast could draw in too many people from infection hot spots. The upside is that our economic survival depends on the tourist $$. Sharp horns.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: better than April.
    daily: steps= 6597  vits=18 log=19 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=13 mfp=19 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=15
    wkly: BB&B x3= rx=3 dance=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9 play=0 sew=0
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous day yesterday. I went for a social distance walk with friend. The apple trees and lilacs are at their peak right now. I did not have camera just storing images in my mind. They are only bloom for a short time so I enjoy them when I can.