WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Annie is there no website where you can get up to date information on DE? Our Oregon Governor’s office has a very helpful page with lots of links to the latest restrictions, recommendations, stats, etc.

I would think that the state government should have a site. Each of the state governments here do.

However, in my research for my paper, I have been reading that libraries in several counties in the US have been made responsible for trustworthy COVID-19 information. I don't know why libraries would be responsible, but I've come across 3 separate articles about the steps they've taken to answer the questions and ensure that correct and up to date information is provided. So perhaps they are a resource.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,442 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up with Faith and she is snoozing , got all her morning routine done, so she is sleeping now...
    she will wake up later and I will get her lunch... everything is basically done, my brother might leave tonight for New Hampshire, and Jean Tomorrow and then its Sheri and I friday , and me the rest of the weekend... I dont mind, plus I get paid..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :) I did something yesterday that is not my usual thing. I have a neighbor across the green space from me who works in her yard every day and walks past my house on the way to the mailbox. From talking to her I've discovered that she stays home and her yard work shows that she's not buying stuff, just working with what she has. She is always friendly so after walking the dogs, I went over and asked her if she'd like to walk with me. She has taken the "stay home" order so literally that she hasn't gone any farther than across the street or out into the green spaces. We walked over to my walking friend's yard and got a tour of her backyard garden. It was very pleasant and so unusual for my natural introvert way of life.

:) Our neighbors (the ones we invited for Thanksgiving 2018 while they remodeled their house) have decided to move to Ecuador. Politically they are somewhere between extreme Libertarian and Anarchist. He has a friend who moved to Ecuador and says they will find other people who agree with them there.

:) Today will be another wonderful day just like the others have been so far.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Every state has an official COVID website. The one for Delaware is: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov

Some states, like Florida, are defaulting to county public health departments to supply information to people about testing locations, etc. I don't know if the states that are relying on county health departments are utilizing the public libraries somehow or not, but I guess it's possible.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Karen VA ... Kelly mentioned in a post a few pages back that she is West Michigan ... I hope that means she is not impacted by the flooding which I believe is Central Michigan. Kelly ... you ok out there??

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    didn't ride in to work, took the train, why? cuz...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie I'm not shy but I am introverted. I vicariously feel really proud of you that you took the initiative to befriend your neighbor. It's so much easier not to.

Ecuador may suit your neighbors politically, but my beloved Ecuador is super-struggling right now, having been extremely hard hit by COVID-19, and still recovering from the earthquake in 2016. They could use American dollars, for sure. I hope your neighbors are adventurers. The Ecuadorian people, especially the Mayans, are a proud, self-sufficient, and beautiful people. The Galapagos Islands are one of the wonders of the world. I would love living there myself, but I think if I were going to live there now, I would want to do a LOT of homework before I pulled up roots. Good luck to them. I'm a tiny bit envious.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    BeUncommon: We love to use our BBQ all year around, but it is at the end of its useful life. We have used it and repaired it in the past, but it is beyond repair now. We’ve ordered a new one and are waiting for it to be delivered. :star:

Heather: Your comment about putting your face on to go shopping reminded me of my mom. She always “put her face on,” and used those exact words. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: Your line dance in the park sounds like a great time and good fun. :star:

Machka: The library situation is a puzzle to me, too. As far as I know, ours is closed because of Covid 19. The city is protecting library staff from getting the virus at their workplace. Some counties are very large with low populations. Perhaps that is the reason that local libraries would be used for voting. Driving to the county seat could be a long trip.

Allie: Glad to hear that things are going well with Faith. She is lucky to have your care. :star:

Karen: Our governor has been very active in providing leadership through this pandemic, but local county health departments are also at work. I know that our county health department is keeping track of cases here. Luckily, there are not many so far. I looked up the county information. So far they report 16 tested positive, no deaths, 1232 negative & 15 recovered. My logic tells me the one person is still fighting the virus, but that is just a guess. I hope they recover. This low incidents of disease is not true for the counties along the I-5 corridor between Portland and Salem. The balance of counties outside that zone seems to be similar to ours.

Yesterday DH & I went to the County Courthouse to vote in the US Primary. I made a mistake signing my ballot, so I went inside to the elections office and they were kind enough to help me fix the goof. I voted in the building. DH dropped his ballot off at the ballot box outside the Courthouse. This is a motor vehicle drop box and he rode his mobility scooter in the line of cars. A citizen had stationed himself at the driveway entrance to the drop box and sang songs to the motorists who were waiting in line, including DH on his mobility scooter.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: The library situation is a puzzle to me, too. As far as I know, ours is closed because of Covid 19. The city is protecting library staff from getting the virus at their workplace. Some counties are very large with low populations. Perhaps that is the reason that local libraries would be used for voting. Driving to the county seat could be a long trip.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

The libraries would be providing information online, on their websites, not in person.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to take care of her, she eats, sleeps and uses the restroom,, I work 8-4 today and 8-4 tomorrow ,but staying on through the weekend till Sean and Jean get back from N.H and have Alfie up here with me too
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Thanks Machka for checking on the rules for us. !!!

Kim
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Thanks Machka for checking on the rules for us. !!!

Kim

I just remembered other threads (not ours) being closed for that reason and thought I'd better check. We want to keep our threads!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    . [Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie thanks for the advice on pleating. I am struggling to get that right. The purple elastic came from headbands I had that I never wear! Perfect length when cut in half. Not the ponytail ones, the whole head ones. Lol

RV Rita
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,442 Member
    Options
    Allie: It’s good that you are making a little income in a pleasant manner. Faith is lucky to have you.

The bread I baked tastes lovely, but is a little bit denser than usual. I think maybe the yeast may have been out of date. However, I have managed to get a fresh batch for the next loaf.

☘️ Terri
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Before this thread gets shut down, I just thought I'd bring the Community Guidelines to your attention.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

10. Keep it legal
    "Posts about marijuana which is not legal federally in the USA yet, posts about steroids, and posts about substances that are not legal, federally, in the USA are not allowed."

You can find the Community Guidelines hidden away at the bottom ...

sp09cdnrrv7j.png

Good reminder!! We all should read all the guidelines once in a while to refresh us!

RV rita
  • kevrit
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I am reading a book on Colitis right now as I’m in a flair and found this quote . It is directed towards colitis but I feel like it fits with weight loss and overall health too.
    “Remember that we are all individuals and each of us is different from everyone else. We each have different symptoms, different food sensitivities, different lifestyles, and we respond differently to various medications, and to diet changes. Microscopic colitis is definitely not a one-size-fits-all disease. It affects people from widely varying backgrounds and it can strike at any age. Such wide diversity is surely one of the main reasons why physicians have so much trouble understanding and treating it.”

— Microscopic Colitis by Wayne Persky
    https://a.co/3oqEzVA

RV Rita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    RV Rita: Thanks for your information on colitis. I was diagnosed with anxiety in college days when I had severe acid reflux, and was given a tranquilizer by the college health clinic doctor. It didn't help. I later discovered that I was lactose intolerant. I had a roommate from Saudi Arabia who told me that I was likely having trouble with milk. I quit drinking milk and the digestive trouble went away. Aisha was right and things got better. Now, decades later, we can by lactose free milk at the grocery store. I don't know what other things can cause colitis but I know how painful it can be. I hope you are able to get good medical help. :heart